Old 8th September 2014, 20:02   #1
coreymillia

Repeat Repeat Repeat

I was just wondering why you click "shuffle" and out of 42 days of music or 2,000 selections to choose from. It constantly repeats the same tracks. Its pretty dumb. Why is this, and is there a way to change this?
coreymillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 21:20   #2
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreymillia View Post
I was just wondering why you click "shuffle" and out of 42 days of music or 2,000 selections to choose from. It constantly repeats the same tracks. Its pretty dumb. Why is this, and is there a way to change this?
If a track is chosen at random from a list, without removing it from the list, then it is completely normal that it may be chosen again.
That is the definition of random. Every track has an equal chance of being chosen, every time.

So, forget about "Shuffle". Turn it off.
Instead, randomize every playlist.

In the Playlist Editor: Misc > Sort > Randomize List
I'm not sure if it makes any difference but I usually do it it 3 or 4 times, one after the other.

Then start playing anywhere in the list.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2014, 21:25   #3
DrO

shuffle is the same as randomise until you make changes to the playlist and then it'll basically re-shuffle the internal list and that's what can lead to repeats.

without knowing what is being done to the Winamp install, it's hard to know if that is the situation (as it's also not remembered between sessions).

otherwise the suggestion above is one of a number of ways to prevent duplication.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support