Old 22nd November 2015, 16:38   #1
Digiti

Lost my database today after using new waspi plugin

I tried to a reset the ML but my rescan of my folders is instantly aborted without any intervention from me. Main.idx or dat files are missing. How do I proceed from here? Thanks.
Digiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 17:49   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

To save the time of having to ask a lot of basic questions, please use the Winamp Info Tool (http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/infotool/) to make an extended report of your configuration. The tool will put the report in a zip file. Attach the zip file to a post.

The tool is a stand-alone app that does not have to be installed and can be run from any folder on your computer. Some anti-virus apps generate an alert when you try to download and/or run it. That is a false positive response due to how the tool works, the tool is safe to use. You may need to temporarily turn off your anti-virus app, if you can't add the tool's file name to it's exception list and there is no other way to get it to allow the download or execution.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2015, 18:33   #3
Digiti

info tool report

Winamp Infotool report today Thanks for the help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Winamp_Info_Report_11-22-2015.zip (7.3 KB, 76 views)
Old 22nd November 2015, 18:47   #4
Digiti

For some reason I restarted Winamp a final time and now it is scanning my Media Library..So I guess I will have to backup the database this time!
Old 22nd November 2015, 18:57   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

Yes, always make a backup before trying 3rd party plug-ins.

But, you do not have the patched version of 5.666.5316 (http://www.filehorse.com/download-winamp/). I suggest you download and install it over your current version. The version of "in_mp3.dll" you have can cause scanning problems for some people.

You also have some other 3rd party plug-ins (e.g. I don't know anything about "dsp_eqfree.dll"), so you may also want to try running in Winamp's safe mode, until you get your library rebuilt.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 22nd November 2015, 19:42   #6
Digiti

The 3rd party plugin dsp_eqfree.dll is Electri Q [posihfopit edition] I did not know about the patched Winamp. Thanks very much for your help
Old 22nd November 2015, 20:03   #7
Aminifu
Forum King

For backups, take a look at Koopa's Winamp Backup Tool (http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/backuptool/). It lets you backup all or some of your Winamp data files into a zip file.

I hope the official things are working ok. I figure pbelkner will work the kinks out of his plug-in sooner or later.

I also use Stereo Tool, it's currently at version 7.82. I think it's a great DSP (but it will significantly increase Winamp's CPU loading).

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support