Old 16th October 2018, 20:15   #361
PeterK.
Quinto Black CT Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
Call me anal but the proportions of the jewel case are wrong ...
Yes, the dimensions in those cd bitmaps are slightly off. And the reason for this oddity is quite plausible: I used a 500x500 pixel-cd-reference-png and completely neglected the proper width and height of the cd case. Additional thought was the fact that 500x500 pixel size is a very common cover dimension on the internet, which I totally wanted to keep in order to avoid cutting, resizing, let alone cropping of the downloaded cover bitmaps.

So let us make some corrections here. According to Wikipedia:

- CD's dimension is 120 mm
- CD jewel's dimension is 142x125 mm
- CD cover's dimension is 121x120 mm

How do you like it now?

P.S. Someone please confirm, that those dimensions are (on a standard 96dpi monitor) approximately correct. I work on a FullHD laptop and all skin components are smaller.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cd jewel2.png
Views:	17
Size:	485.3 KB
ID:	54078   Click image for larger version

Name:	cd sleeve2.png
Views:	14
Size:	448.3 KB
ID:	54079  
PeterK. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2018, 21:48   #362
gaekwad2
Foorum King

The booklet sits further to the left, as do the bits that hold it in place. Somewhat like this:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	cd jewel2.png
Views:	16
Size:	426.9 KB
ID:	54082  
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2018, 06:06   #363
PeterK.

The upcoming version 2.3 of my skin is getting ready.

I am very happy to announce that I found a REPEAT A-B script on the forum made in the year 2007 (!) by Egor Petrov. THANK YOU! This feature will be part of the TRACK BOOKMARKS window. Another small change is the background color of inactive song in the Playlist Editor which is dark red now.

And I decided to use just CD jewel bitmap. I got problems while implementing both of them (jewel and sleeve) into the context menu and had to cut it short.

Stay tuned!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	new features.png
Views:	29
Size:	863.2 KB
ID:	54083  
Old 18th October 2018, 17:26   #364
PeterK.

For those of you who would prefer a smaller version of the cd case you can use the window scaling option in the context menu. It works surprisingly well!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sizes.png
Views:	15
Size:	859.9 KB
ID:	54084  
Old Yesterday, 12:08   #365
ReeferMan

Hi!

I can't believe that i didnt found this skin earlier! Seriously its the best skin i ever used.
But i have one or two suggestions/wishes for a upcoming release

1. For God sake can you please adde some, or at least one, not so virulent (not sure if this is the correct word) color to the Spectrum Analyzer?

2. Maybe im just too dumb or my English isnt so good as i thought but i took me about an hour to find out how to change the Colour of the VU Meter
Sure there is a "Scale" Button but for my understanding it means that i can resize something! And after i tried everything else to change the colour i finally clicked the Scale Button and BAZINGA i could change the colors

And the last Point: Is it possible to turn of the "New Title" message, that appears with every new Song, somewhere?

And thanks again for the great Skin
Have a nice Weekend

Greetings, ReeferMan
ReeferMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 13:18   #366
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReeferMan View Post
Seriously its the best skin i ever used.
I am happy to hear that!

Quote:
1. For God sake can you please adde some, or at least one, not so virulent (not sure if this is the correct word) color to the Spectrum Analyzer? .
And which one would suit you? Black bars on black background? Switch to Classic, which is somehow subtle.

Quote:
i finally clicked the Scale Button and BAZINGA i could change the colors
Ok, I could have put SCALE COLOR in there, but I knew that Winamp users are smart guys & gals, they would find out pretty fast what is behind the SCALE button.

Quote:
And the last Point: Is it possible to turn of the "New Title" message, that appears with every new Song, somewhere?
Do you mean the Notifier? Look in Options -> Quinto Black CT -> Notifications -> Never Show.

Quote:
Have a nice Weekend
Same here.
Old Yesterday, 13:42   #367
ReeferMan

Quote:
And which one would suit you? Black bars on black background? Switch to Classic, which is somehow subtle.
Good Question
Something thats not so bright, maybe the green you use for the VU Meter Display

Quote:
Ok, I could have put SCALE COLOR in there, but I knew that Winamp users are smart guys & gals, they would find out pretty fast what is behind the SCALE button.
Well im from Germany, maybe thats the problem
Im sure i will never forget it now after i found it

Quote:
Do you mean the Notifier? Look in Options -> Quinto Black CT -> Notifications -> Never Show

That was it, thanks
Old Yesterday, 14:17   #368
PeterK.

Quote:
Good Question
Something thats not so bright, maybe the green you use for the VU Meter Display

Please remember that I will never ever succeed in satisfying ALL OF YOU. And since you seem to be the only one complaining about it (all other wish bright colors!) I am going to keep it that way. Sorry.
Old Yesterday, 14:33   #369
ReeferMan

No need to say sorry, im more than happy with that Skin.
Thanks for your fast Answers

CU, ReeferMan
Old Yesterday, 21:30   #370
ariszlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK. View Post
Now this is going to be tough! As if it was not enough that I lost my playlist and Media Library content after adding alphabackground, also Video- and Vis- windows are empty.

Further more, the skin clearOne seems to be buggy and I cannot understand/follow how the trick is done (=synchronization). The same approach on Ebonite is, on the other hand, awfully complex...
Then you might want to check out R C G by yOnez: it is less complex than Ebonite and less buggy than clearOne.
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:25   #371
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
Then you might want to check out R C G by yOnez: it is less complex than Ebonite and less buggy than clearOne.

Thank you for your suggestion Ariszló, I do remember having this skin on my XP laptop years ago. Too bad that moving the Playlist Editor around the desktop shows empty areas which are caused by the synchronization process as already seen in Ebonite:

I made yesterday a request to the developer team to make Winamp's standard windows "alphabackground-compatible". If we are lucky, we might get it with the upcoming 5.8+ update and adding shadows or creating transparent frame would be a piece of cake. For the time being I am going to postpone altering the standard windows in order to have shadows.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	delay.png
Views:	15
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	54101  
Old Today, 12:52   #372
ariszlo

Quote:
Too bad that moving the Playlist Editor around the desktop shows empty areas which are caused by the synchronization process as already seen in Ebonite...
That might be a graphics driver issue. I tried to repeat the issue in both Windows 10 and XP (the latter in VMware) but I didn't have those white stripes.

Quote:
I made yesterday a request to the developer team to make Winamp's standard windows "alphabackground-compatible". If we are lucky, we might get it with the upcoming 5.8+ update and adding shadows or creating transparent frame would be a piece of cake.
I'm not that optimistic. "This version is not an ongoing project" and Radionomy's CEO, Alexandre Saboundjian says that on desktop, "the war is over".
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 14:55   #373
PeterK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariszlo View Post
... I'm not that optimistic...
Let us hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins

Tags
color theme, modern skin, peterk, quinto black, victhor