Old 21st July 2013, 17:08   #1
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Username, PC-Name and wrong file path

3 days ago I got my PC back from the service shop. I have 2 new internal harddrives. They have reinstalled Windows Vista (it's 64-bit now, not 32-bit anymore). Last night it has been upgraded from Service Pack 1 to Service Pack 2...

But they were not able to read the letters on the paper correctly, and they gave me the wrong username, "Sabine Klane" instead of "Sabine Klare". In the shop they have edited the username, at home I have edited the computername (with a rebooting). I see the old PC-name now, like I had it in Winamp Cloud. In the Control Panel I have visited also the "Personen in meiner Umgebung", and I have edited my name there, too. On the desktop I see the username-folder as "Sabine Klare". But the file path for the recently played file with the artist "DJ Mike Llama" and the title "Llama Whippin' Intro" is still "C:\Users\Sabine Klane\AppData\Roaming\Winamp\demo.mp3". Also the original download-direction of Google Chrome is "C:\Users\Sabine Klane\Downloads", but I have checked, that Google has always to ask, to where I want to download the file...

If I see in Control panel "SABINEKLARE-PC", then I hope, this is really the "SABINEKLARE-PC" also now, before I can reconnect Winamp 5.7 Beta with Winamp Cloud... http://s1225.photobucket.com/user/St...?sort=3&page=1 The files are on D now in the new folder "SabineKlare2" with the subfolders "Bilder2", "Dokumente2", "Musik2" and "Videos2". I have made the media library views with their columns new, also the playlists and the online services. Fortunately I wrote a .txt-file with all important details. The username-folder "Sabine Klare" with the wrong file path "Sabine Klane" is on C and only for my disk space eating projects and the installer-setups in Downloads, sorted in subfolders. If I add the PC again, then I don't want to add a "SABINEKLANE-PC", I really want to reconnect the "SABINEKLARE-PC"...

Otherwise I can create a futher user, "Sternenmaschinebine" (that's me), although it will be the first time, when I will not be the only one user on my PC anymore. I have the Winamp_Backup, and it's also on USB-Sticks, with all the settings...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Old 21st July 2013, 20:58   #2
DrO

unless you have the old winamp.ini from the prior install and can make some registry edits, you're going to be better off just installing and logging in with the prior account details you had been using (not making a completely different account as i think you're trying to do) and wait for an updated Winamp version which re-enables cloud source removal so you can remove the 'dead' Winamp install (or you can pick the 'dead' source and manually remove the files it shows or just rename it to something and ignore it for the time being).
Old 21st July 2013, 21:56   #3
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Thank You for the reply, DrO.

I didn't have planned to create a new account in Winamp Cloud, I just want to login in the old account, which I did in Google Chrome, with and without Winamp 5.7 Beta on the PC (I went online via Facebook also on Frank's PC for a test).

"Sternenmaschinebine" should become a second user on the PC (and not as a different user in Winamp Cloud), if it is really neccessary, although "Sabine Klare" should be the only-one user on my PC, if possible, but the PC-name should stay as "SABINEKLARE-PC". It seems, that I had edited the PC-name successfully, if I look in Control Panel, only the file path for my username-folder is wrong.

The wrong file path in AppData can be seen also here (last night I got the Service Pack 2):
http://www.mediafire.com/download/cm...21.07.2013.txt

If the wrong file path in AppData > Roaming has no influence for my account and my old PC in Winamp Cloud, then I can live with "Sabine Klane" in AppData, although it's not 100% perfect, because I am a perfectionist.

Old 21st July 2013, 22:14   #4
DrO

i'm really not following what you're talking about regarding accounts.

the Cloud doesn't care what user account you're using on the machine, just that you login into it with the correct facebook login for the Cloud account you want to see being used.
Old 21st July 2013, 23:30   #5
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

That's very good, that the Cloud Account doesn't care, what user account I am using on my machine. And although the file path of my username-folder has still the wrong name, I had edited the PC-Name to the right name successfully (in the service shop they had edited the username).

Fortunately my files are not in the username-folder on C, they are in another folder on D now.

It can happen, that the wrong username is set up by installing / reinstalling Windows...

Old 26th July 2013, 03:30   #6
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Okay, I have dared now to reconnect Winamp 5.7 Beta with Winamp Cloud. Fortunately no "SABINEKLANE-PC" came to my account, but I have 2 "SABINEKLARE-PC" there now. I just need to wait, until the possibility will be back to remove the old SABINEKLARE-PC in Winamp Cloud (because it doesn't exist anymore).

Although I had made my media library playlists new already, they all had been removed by Winamp Cloud, and in the media library I saw duplicates of the playlists. I have deleted all playlists in Winamp Cloud and all playlists in the media library, and I have added new playlists in the media library (fortunately I wrote a .txt-file, where I have them all listed). I can see them in Winamp Cloud again. I have to check later the Winamp Storage and the (new or old) SABINEKLARE-PC in Winamp, I cannot do that now.

Renaming my PC with a reboot was really successful, I can stay as the only-one user of my PC with the name "Sabine Klare", and I leave the wrong file path of the username-folder, how it is, because hacking the registry of this folder is full of risk.

This thread is for everybody, who uses Winamp Cloud and who has made similiar experiences, like I myself did...

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp Online Services > Winamp Cloud

Tags
filepath, mistakes, pc-name, username