Old 9th April 2012, 14:21   #1
kasper_lindvig

Headset buttons are hijacked by winamp 1.2.12

I Have a Samsung Galaxy Note with a preinstalled music player and winamp 1.2.12 and poweramp post installed. Recently the buttons on my headset no longer works for the two other players, only for winamp. As I happen to be using poweramp quite a lot, it bothered me, so I tried to resolve the issue using catlog, so far unsuccesful. Once winamp is installed the setting for it to control the headset buttons is disabled. Winamp obeys that setting right until the phone is turned off and on again. By then it erroneously accepts the key presses, which I suspect is the cause of my other two players to lose the ability to control the headset button for pause/resume/skip and go back. Uninstalling winamp does not resolve the issue. Downgrading to 1.2.10 does not either. At first I thought the problem resided within poweramp but as my other player experienced the same issue I quickly discarded that idea. Now I have informed the makers of poweramp and also you folks and by that I hope to get to the bottom of this issue.
kasper_lindvig is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android