Old 6th February 2008, 09:54   #1
ACUSC

Unhappy my ipod is screwed...help!

Ok. SO the other day I plug my ipod and upload some songs, as I unplug it from the PC I get a blue screen error and it says files may be lost. I check my ipod and they were gone. No more songs right? well I plug it back into winamp and it says it restored all my songs but the playlists. Thats all fine but now I cant add songs without getting a "cant read database" error. Now when I try to play my ipod through things like my xbox 360 it doesnt even give me the option to pick an artist, it just plays tracks and it doesnt Identify all the artists, most are unknown. But when I play the ipod regularly with headphones, all the song tags are fine. What is up with my ipod??? Even my Recently Played/Most played playlists are gone. help!
ACUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2008, 19:58   #2
abu
mlipod moderator
(Senior Member)

You can try the full database cleanup in the iPod tools menu.
If that doesn't help - you're lost Then you'll have to reformat the iPod.

WinAmp Pro 5.5 with ml_iPod 3.10 + dev.patches (download it)
ml_iPod documentation Wiki - ml_iPod FAQ - search ml_iPod forum - iPhone/iTouch - Found a bug?
Donations to support the ml_iPod project can be done HERE
abu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2008, 05:45   #3
ACUSC

ok so when i plug in my ipod to my pc it says "Could not create backup C:/windows/temp/itunesdb: access denied.

its showing all my songs but it doesnt even recognize it as MY IPOD just iPod., but yet when i plugged it in today to several other devices that play the songs it shows the artists and all. not only that but the songs ARE there.

EDIT: I just realized that there is an iTunesDB file and iTunesDBold_pmp.old file. i forgot if thats the exact name but I faield to mention if maybe anything has to do with the fact I've plugged my ipod with another computer running the latest version of winamp and had the ipod support but after reading today I find out its PMP which is totally different rom ml_ipod which I have been using. and there are also configuration files named ml_ipod and ml_pmp

Last edited by ACUSC; 7th February 2008 at 07:35.
Old 8th February 2008, 07:27   #4
ACUSC

anyone? i edited my post above this one.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp iPod Plugin Discussion