Old 6th August 2013, 04:25   #1
Black ICE Radio

Javascript error for SHOUTcast config builder

Hi,

I'm really really new and trying to setup a radio station but when I open the config with google chrome I get a javascript error saying "the SHOUTcast 2 cofigurator was unable to locate or load the help database" as well as this non of the buttons work for me to download any files or save the information I have put in if you need any details or anything please let me know.

David

P.S. Any extra help tips you can give me will be great i'm going to be using SAM not winamp too if that changes anything.
Black ICE Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2013, 16:47   #2
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
The Config Builder was not originally designed and tested to work on any browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Try using one of those browsers instead.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2013, 11:10   #3
DrO

trying to run it locally is the main issue instead of being hosted on what is deemed to be a website - if only I could finish off at least new DNAS beta build for release as the internal build is able to self-host the config builder instance to get it working without having to upload things.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2013, 10:43   #4
Black ICE Radio

Really Need Help with Server 2 Config

Hi,

I feel really dumb I just cannot get it to work at all on any browser all I get is

"JavaScript Alert

The SHOUTcast 2 Configuration Builder was unable to locate or load the help database"

and non of the download buttons work I do add the file to security settings but nothing works after doing so.

I'm a novice and been reading the forums and watching youtube videos of what to do but it is unclear of what to do.

This Radio will be crucial to a business i'm setting up. and i'm struggling and I don't know what to do so I am turning to you guys on here, like I said before I am very very new and don't really know what I am doing what so ever.

any help or if you want to help my via a screen share would be great over skype.

any additional help will be very appreciated I don't know if I have all the right tools or have bought the right things for the radio but I believe I have everything from what I have read and seen.

Thanks,

David

*IF YOU REQUIRE ANY MORE INFORMATION ON WHAT COMPUTER AND VERSION I'M RUNNING PLEASE LET ME KNOW*
Old 27th August 2013, 18:41   #5
Black ICE Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
The Config Builder was not originally designed and tested to work on any browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox. Try using one of those browsers instead.
I have used it in every browser available to me still no results
Old 27th August 2013, 19:01   #6
DrO

it won't run locally (like i said in my prior reply before i had to re-merge the two duplicate threads which were made today of the original thread which had been replied to).

the simple answer is the v2 DNAS is not easy to setup as it currently is due to issues with browsers and the config builder and what they allow to be done (which means you have to manually copy what's shown at the bottom of the page into config files yourself), bugs in the DNAS itself and that everything in the docs assumes that you know what you're doing.

you're probably going to be better off going with a hosting provider which takes the hassle out of the whole thing with getting broadcasting. sure it costs but then you have dedicated support to help rather than relying on a stressed out developer with no time to do things.

if you still want to run it yourself and self-host:
Old 18th September 2014, 11:57   #7
newbornus

[del...]
newbornus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2014, 12:11   #8
DrO

it is noted in the release threads that the config builder has not been properly updated since the 2.2 release and is recommended to use the setup mode instead of config builder (which was more about getting a working sc_trans setup with the DNAS which isn't a priority to fix as sc_trans is now deprecated).
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
config builder, javascript, server 2, shoutcast config builder