Old 26th August 2011, 12:10   #1
Veroka

Unhappy Writing User Review On Main Site (Currently Disabled)

Hi guys, I've trying to write a user review and I couldn't. I just don't see the link that shows the form to write the review. Can you? Or it's just my problem?
Thanks!
Veroka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2011, 12:17   #2
DrO

i think there might be issues as the login option on the site isn't working for me at all at the moment.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2011, 16:42   #3
Veroka

Do you know if this issue is going to be fixed soon?
Old 19th October 2011, 16:53   #4
DrO

no idea, i thought it was working from not anything else though i've not actually tried and i've no idea who to ask if it is broken (previous person who i would have asked for such things is no longer there). what is it you're wanting to leave a review on as might be something else which can be done.

-daz
Old 28th October 2011, 18:33   #5
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

sorry for not seeing this thread earlier, but it works fine for me

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 00:14   #6
RicardoB

I don't even understand how to leave a review of a add-on. I'm logged in but I don't see any link (and the Help doesn't have any directions). Do add-ons become ineligible for reviews after a certain period of time?

I'm trying to review Dell XPS M1330 Media Buttons plug-in.
RicardoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2011, 13:43   #7
Veroka

No reviews have been written about the last 70 submitted skins.
Old 1st November 2011, 14:01   #8
DrO

ok here's how i see how it might be...

a) no users are bothering to review skins.
b) it's broken but no one really cares.
c) it could be reviewing was purposefully disabled when parts of the site backend were changed in april.

though really with plug-ins / skins not being seen as very highly important anymore (if they ever really were), i probably wouldn't expect anything to change if it is broken. i can try to find who might be responsible for such things though not gotten very far with my previous attempt.

-daz
Old 1st November 2011, 18:58   #9
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
it really is a shame. i understand resources are thin, and i know droid apps and mac syncs and so on are the priority, but this stuff is important too.

there are a lot of site issues like this, shoutcast searches, spam reporting, and so on that seem like if the team took a week to stamp them out, they could. they just need the desire to do so and the ok to use the time to do so. i really think it would make a difference.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 13:58   #10
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

oops sorry I thought this was about the reviews we give when publishing, not user reviews.

No link for me either

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 14:18   #11
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
there are a lot of site issues like this, shoutcast searches, spam reporting, and so on that seem like if the team took a week to stamp them out, they could. they just need the desire to do so and the ok to use the time to do so. i really think it would make a difference.
it just doesn't work that way as most things like that need webdev and ops support / access which most of the team are not.

yes things with the forums should be fixed (though that's more down to VBB then us i believe), yes i shouldn't keep pushing shoutcast updates which kill the system at weekends, etc, etc. but just throwing people at things with no experience / access won't help.

anyway, i've asked around about the reviews on the site so will see if i get an answer this time or not... though from what i've seen from trying to look at site code, i think option C is the most likely reason.

[edit]
Ok, option C is the reason - it wasn't a feature brought over when the site backend was changed back in april / may. i wouldn't hold your breathe on it coming back any time soon either.

-daz
Old 6th March 2013, 17:32   #12
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I don´t understand the reason.

If download numbers are real, it´s incomprehensible to cut out like this a good way of communicate with users.
I.e. if 1 out of 100 drop a comment / review in my skin Aluminum, it would be almost 400 reviews. That would be less frustrating for skinners / plugin devs (if there is some), and add some meaning to the effort done that other enjoy but can´t really "thank" properly.

Don´t get me wrong, in the end it isn´t a big deal, but it´s sad to see such asymmetry: thousands using winamp / skins and absolutely zero space to direct feedback (yes, forums still exists, but besides being an outdated form of communication it requires a couple of extra steps that newer -facebook, twitter, blogger- users aren´t kin to). And this is just one of many problems the site has.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2013, 10:14   #13
DrO

i'll put it simply... no one cares about skins or plug-ins. that is why the site doesn't do what you're wanting.

if you want proper feedback, don't rely on the free hosting that you're getting and distribute your skin somewhere else where you can get what you want. and it's not like you cannot specify an associated website with you site user-profile or put in contact details in the skin (which no one tends to bother looking at anyway).
Old 7th March 2013, 10:41   #14
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Really? Then why are those numbers so big? Obviously I'm posting somewhere else, but there isn't nearly a quarter of downloads of what's in here.

I know that probably most people don't care, but we actually really don't know, cause there is such a load of people getting the skin (I repeat, IF numbers are real..) but without a real place to give feedback.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Site Design