Old 25th July 2011, 11:40   #41
sgtfuzzbubble011

Thanks.

Quote:
Did they ever say what caused the tumor?
No definite answers. As long as nothing else goes wrong, I'm going to get a PET scan soon just to make sure there aren't any other areas of concern, and then I'll probably end up having half a year's worth of chemotherapy to finish everything off. Can't wait to start losing my hair. :P
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 11:54   #42
ElChevelle
Moderator Alumni

Best wishes, in any case.
The Colorado looks awesome!
ElChevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2011, 16:25   #43
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Yeah, I love those wheels and tires. Sticking out a little actually looks pretty good in my opinion, but if you don't like it, you might be able to solve the issue with some fender flares, which tend to make trucks look a bit more muscular. Only problem is that they're pretty expensive, especially if they're painted. I really like the look of your truck now though.

You usually shaved the hair pretty close on the pics I have seen, so you'll still look mostly the same if chemo takes it out. You'll look pretty good with or without it, as far as my hetero judgment of male attractiveness can tell.

Keep us updated on the medical, driving, and work situations.

Hi Ethan! Good to see you back; how long has it been?

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2011, 09:53   #44
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
The Colorado looks awesome!
It'll look even more awesome when I finally get it paid off. I've been paying extra every month since I bought it back in 2008, and as long as all my medical problems don't make me miss any payments, I should have it paid off a full year early.

Quote:
...you might be able to solve the issue with some fender flares...
I'd thought about putting the Z71 style fender flares on it, but the wheels don't stick out quite enough for that. And yeah, those things are expensive. It'll be a while before I spend any significant amount of money on either of my trucks (aside from maintenance), at least until I can get out from under all my bills. One day...
Old 14th August 2011, 02:13   #45
sgtfuzzbubble011

So I had a port put in a couple days ago. My first chemotherapy session is next Wednesday (17th). I'm scheduled for six months worth of chemo (eight sessions). The doc said my bones are going to ache horribly, and I'll lose all my hair (hopefully that includes ear hair). Had an echocardiogram yesterday to see if my heart is strong enough to handle the sessions. It was pretty cool seeing the valves in my heart opening and closing on a monitor. Still waiting on the PET scan, though.
Old 15th August 2011, 08:23   #46
NJK
Frisian Spamfighting Mod

Sarge

You will loose every hair on your body

my sister just finished her sessions of chemo.
She now has some sessions left of radiation therapy.

after that the medical staff gives her 99% of being cancer free.

so a movie quote to end this post:

Always look at the bright side of life.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 05:20   #47
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I hope all goes well with the chemo. I have a couple friends that went through chemotherapy (one that's still doing treatments) and although it wasn't quite as fun as having a beer in a hot tub, it wasn't at all unbearable to them. They did lose their hair though. The two that are done wore hats all the time anyway, and the other that's still in treatment uses a handkerchief tied in the back and looks pretty badass, like a biker that just took off his helmet.

Old 16th August 2011, 11:45   #48
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

And Shaved headed guys can look way sexy, sarge.
Try staying on a good macro diet...steamed rice and veggies....It helps...
Widdykats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 18:01   #49
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

My personal quote goes like NJK's movie quote but a bit different;

Always be happy when it rains.
If you're not happy, it's still raining.

That applies to everything I guess. It may seem a bit crude perhaps to be happy about it, but I hope you see what I'm trying to say here.

Hang in there.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 07:43   #50
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

big hugs to you, darlin'

and we're here when you want to laugh, cry, rant or to just enjoy the moment
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2011, 17:31   #51
sgtfuzzbubble011

Thanks everyone.

My port has healed up pretty well, and I had my first session of chemo last week. They've got me on 4 different kinds of chemotherapy medications (can't remember all their names atm), and a couple of them are really aggressive. Everything tastes bad and smells funny now, but at least I can eat without pain. So far, they said I'm taking the meds nicely. After each session, I have to go drive back to get a shot of Neupogen each day for 10 days (on day 5 right now). I've also got a small phar macy on my desk as well, heh. Haven't noticed any hair loss yet (but I'm sure that'll probably take some time), and I haven't had any bone pain so far. 7 more sessions to go.

Got a PET scan scheduled for tomorrow. I'm going to have a pretty nice collection of radiography when this is all over. So far, I'm up to 1.4 GB of dicom and jpg images. Might try to convince the office that gave me the echocardiogram to give me a copy of the files if they're not expensive, too.

[edit]
Didn't realize that "phar macy" was on the block list. :|
[/edit]
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:37   #52
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

You mean pharmacy?

If anything, those images are pretty cool to look at. I hope things continue mostly well, and I hope you get your taste for good food back soon. Does even Subway and Dr. Pepper taste bad?

Old 23rd August 2011, 00:32   #53
webthing
Forum King

You sound good! I know you'll beat this. If you want to chat you know were I'm at.

Get well soon sgt.

webthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2011, 14:47   #54
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
You mean pharmacy?

If anything, those images are pretty cool to look at. I hope things continue mostly well, and I hope you get your taste for good food back soon. Does even Subway and Dr. Pepper taste bad?
Heh, I tried the old "insert bold tags" trick to get that word to show without luck. I guess I'm way behind the times now.

Some things still taste pretty good. Had a couple fajita chicken soft tacos with chips and queso last night at Casa Olé, and it was delicious. But believe it or not, I haven't had anything carbonated for almost half a year now. I really just don't have any desire to drink sodas now. The last Dr Pepper I had was months ago, and it tasted funny even then because I'd given them up for the most part. I stick with iced tea and water almost exclusively now. Sometimes I'll have some juice, too.
Old 23rd August 2011, 20:14   #55
Bizznatch
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Bizznatch
I have a friend going through the same shit right now, its tough (and expensive), but you'll get thru it.
Bizznatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 13:01   #56
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Fuck you Bizz.

Sarge, you had a shaved head anyway, so the hair loss won't be a big deal.

Your truck looks good. Love the black on black.

Take care mate.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 14:18   #57
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Awwww, allthatjaz!!!!! How sweet. ..prrrrrrrrrrr
Old 29th August 2011, 01:38   #58
sgtfuzzbubble011

Fuck you Bizz.

Just got a little bit of good news the other day. Apparently, I misunderstood when they told me how many sessions of chemotherapy I have to have. I actually have a total of 6 sessions rather than 6 months worth. So now I only have 5 more sessions to go, and the last one is scheduled for the end of November. This makes me happy.

I also only have $3850 left to pay on my Colorado, and then it's all mine. As long as I can keep up my current payments, I'll have it paid off a full year early. This makes me happy, too.
Old 29th August 2011, 02:54   #59
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtfuzzbubble99 View Post
Fuck you Bizz.

Just got a little bit of good news the other day. Apparently, I misunderstood when they told me how many sessions of chemotherapy I have to have. I actually have a total of 6 sessions rather than 6 months worth. So now I only have 5 more sessions to go, and the last one is scheduled for the end of November. This makes me happy.

I also only have $3850 left to pay on my Colorado, and then it's all mine. As long as I can keep up my current payments, I'll have it paid off a full year early. This makes me happy, too.

Damn, now that's great news! Congrats on being ahead on the loan and hopefully the treatments will be trouble-free. If I were near, I'd throw you parties for the end of both the loan and the treatments.

Old 2nd September 2011, 00:19   #60
sgtfuzzbubble011

Going to start working again on Tuesday, too. Of course, Wednesday is my next chemo session. When I stopped by the office yesterday to talk with my boss, I gave him my chemo session schedule and explained how it affects me so that he knew basically what to expect. So for the next few months, my ability to work will be sporadic, but at least I'll be working when I can. I'll probably end up making less money in the end than I managed to get from short term disability (mainly because gas is so ridiculously expensive), but that's ok as long as I can keep the bills paid. It'll be good to work again.
Old 3rd September 2011, 03:01   #61
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Yeah, I'd rather make a little less working than a little more not working and letting my head wander too much. I'm much better off being busy, and I would guess that most other people are too.

Old 9th September 2011, 01:03   #62
sgtfuzzbubble011

Tuesday turned out to be an ok day at work. I felt relatively good and managed to be productive. Then I had my second chemotherapy session yesterday. Work today wasn't nearly as productive, and I felt (and still feel) nauseated. My boss let me come home early since the scissor lift that the rental company dropped off for us was nearly dead (managed to get two cables pulled about 40 feet before it died completely). Heh, good times. I started taking my Neupogen shots again today, so it's probably only going to be a little while before the bone pains set in again. Can't wait.

I stopped by the radiology department of the hospital last week and got a CD copy of my most recent scans. It's going to take me a long time to go through the CT/PET scans since there are hundreds and hundreds of slice images. I was pleasantly surprised to find two X-rays of my port catheter on the disc as well, so I've uploaded one for everyone to check out.

http://localhostr.com/file/5rlNIqP/P...er%20X-Ray.png

I didn't realize it until I researched the procedure a little bit, but now I know why these X-rays are here. The surgeon has to use real-time X-ray imaging to guide the tube from the infusion site up into my jugular vein and then down to my heart. You can see the tube on the left side of the image. Cool huh?
Old 18th September 2011, 15:54   #63
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

That's amazing; I'm still completely dumbfounded when I see an x-ray, asking myself, "how do they do that"? I've learned about it, but the understanding of how it works still doesn't take away how surprised I am to see it.

Old 21st September 2011, 02:31   #64
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
sarge, first and foremost:

bic it, if you don't you come off as being in denial.
or just wear a hat works too yeah.

also, too bad you didn't have a gieger counter to take a before and after reading of how much you "glow" in the dark after all that x-raying and radiating and stuff.

and holy shit, this thread is officially necroing users instead of users necroing threads!

fuck you bizz.
damn, been a while, nice to see you still around.

we even got our yearly christmas card stand in post from ethan!

glad nobody showed up dead.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 03:01   #65
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
bic it, if you don't you come off as being in denial.
or just wear a hat works too yeah.
I've shaved everything off my head except for my eyebrows. Luckily, those haven't fallen out (yet). My girlfriend bought me one of these a couple weeks ago, and I'll be wearing it when the temperature starts dropping outside.

I had my third chemo session a little over a week ago. The effects are cumulative, apparently. I asked one of the techs at the oncologist's office about how I feel, and she said it'll be worse after each session. So by the time my last session rolls around, I should feel like teh horrible squared + 1. At least I'm halfway done.
Old 7th October 2011, 03:26   #66
fc*uk

Sarge ... Unfortunately, all chemotherapy plays off a simple medical rule: what's the lesser of two evils. Chemo is nasty shit, but the cancer is worse. All chemo is a massive toxin, which has cumulative effects as you have pointed out.

Sure it sucks and gets worse.

However, you can beat this. It's only temporary. Keep it up.
fc*uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2011, 03:29   #67
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Well, despite some physical pain, you still seem to be in mostly good spirits when you type here on Winamp.

I find it funny and yet a bit startling that immediately, instinctively, and automatically, my mind played the 1-up sound clip from the Mario video games when I saw the hat you linked to, even though I haven't physically heard that sound for years. Kinda scary how much certain video games get ingrained in one's head, even after long periods of never playing them.

Your gf sounds like quite a catch. As soon as you can, get her something like a Reese's cup or a rose or a bowl of ice cream. Or, if you're stuck somewhere and/or bored, I seem to remember that you were pretty good at drawing/sketching. I'd bet she'd really love the gift of something you drew.

I'm not sure where you're living, but where I am, most people have just recently started firing up their furnaces and car heaters, so that skull cap came right in time. Today was an exception, but for the past week or so it has been cold in Southern West Virginia.

Damnit now I can't get that stupid 1-up sound out of my head. Thanks a lot...

Damnit.

Old 7th October 2011, 03:46   #68
sgtfuzzbubble011

Glad I could help.

I've been living just outside of Houston since I left Utah back in 2009. It's still pretty warm down here during the day right now, but the nights are starting to cool off. It should be pretty nice starting next month. Then I'll finally be able to take my new binoculars out and do some stargazing.

Quote:
Your gf sounds like quite a catch.
I couldn't ask for better.

Quote:
I seem to remember that you were pretty good at drawing/sketching.
Yeah, I used to be. I'm really out of practice now, but I still have lots of drawing/sketching supplies. I do plan on getting back into it one day.

Quote:
It's only temporary. Keep it up.
That's what I keep telling myself. I'll do my best.
Old 9th October 2011, 06:04   #69
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
is it wrong that my first thought seeing the image of the hat was:

how'd they get sarge to model it?

i'm not quite sure.

he is missing the glasses though.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2011, 08:23   #70
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Hang in there, mate.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 05:17   #71
sgtfuzzbubble011

Two more sessions to go. Ugh, can't wait.
Old 30th October 2011, 14:52   #72
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^And then, it'll be over. I know it sucks, but the end of this is in site. Hang in there.
Old 30th October 2011, 15:35   #73
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Keep it up.

One of my coworkers chose to end his life last Thursday evening
Seeing you struggle to stay alive... makes me too confused to even finish this reply properly.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2011, 17:34   #74
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

It just goes to show strength vs. weakness. We don't have much right to condemn the dead, but we have plenty of right to honor and admire those who do what it takes to fight another day.

WotL - I hope you and those left behind heal quickly.

Old 31st October 2011, 03:29   #75
InvisableMan
Ninja Master!
(Forum King)

Dang man. I've had family and friends go through that chemo crap and I give you props for getting through it.
InvisableMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 01:00   #76
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
One of my coworkers chose to end his life last Thursday evening
Sorry to hear that. Even though chemotherapy is less than desirable, I'm thankful I'm still alive. I hope my life never gets to the point where I want to end it.

I've got one more session to go through a few days from now. Thanks everyone for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to finishing this.
Old 28th November 2011, 01:08   #77
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Let us know how it goes. Is there any feedback when it comes to how effective it's been?

Old 28th November 2011, 08:46   #78
ShyShy
Amazon Bush Woman
Forum Queen

*big, super hugs*

Hope you have a speedy recovery, fuzzy
ShyShy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 08:52   #79
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
few months after chemo till they can have actual results I believe... Or is it a few weeks? I don't remember.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2011, 09:43   #80
rockouthippie
Banned

They should have a pretty good idea what's going on in a few weeks, but they won't call it remission for a year or two.

Get well soon.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions