Old 15th January 2014, 23:04   #41
Obsdark

But is gone.. gone? or you can if u want post a TV Stream on it?, other question, if is gone for good... exist a way to try to put a new list online? i mean, in a private way...

And there is a chance to check the code to try to learn something about it?

Just saying..., and just asking, in that there is no cheating.
Obsdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2014, 01:07   #42
sankt

The Shoutcast directory no longer lists NSV stations. The NSV station directory plugin for Winamp was removed some time ago.

The NSV software that was initially released was considered BETA, and has not been updated in 10 years.
The source code has long since been buried in the sands of time.

For all practical purposes, yes - the NSV software is dead.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
sankt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 02:52   #43
cybercorsair

Send a message via ICQ to cybercorsair Send a message via AIM to cybercorsair Send a message via Yahoo to cybercorsair
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankt View Post
The Shoutcast directory no longer lists NSV stations. The NSV station directory plugin for Winamp was removed some time ago.

The NSV software that was initially released was considered BETA, and has not been updated in 10 years.
The source code has long since been buried in the sands of time.

For all practical purposes, yes - the NSV software is dead.
I was really hoping the new owner would bring Soutcast TV back I no sure if it been gone but there been listing before the shut down and the sale and there still channels i can find running that had booked marked. Tons of radio station went off like and yes the sale sat Winamp and SHOUTCAST was sold to the new company so I would think shoutcast radio and TV would get picked up.. i had to drop so many great station off as they stop broadcasting due to not knowing what was going on..not many can't get back on as they would after the sale losing they place online after 17 years on winamp.
cybercorsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 03:14   #44
sankt

I really don't think that Radionomy will be bringing back Winamp TV.

Scenic Television is your ambient window to the world - - Television.ScenicRadio.com
Old 4th February 2014, 03:32   #45
cybercorsair

Send a message via ICQ to cybercorsair Send a message via AIM to cybercorsair Send a message via Yahoo to cybercorsair
Quote:
Originally Posted by sankt View Post
I really don't think that Radionomy will be bringing back Winamp TV.
Well I can hope can't I? there was at one point over 5000 to 6000 stations. It would be great to see some of them back.

CC
cybercorsair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2014, 07:06   #46
Jay
Moderator Alumni

I would imagine that any derivative of this project would be a shell of it's former self. (IE no NSV) There are far better ways to do Video over the internet then NSV.
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 13:37   #47
klox

Icecast?

Maybe the time has come for NSV channels to switch to Icecast...a few already did actually!

http://dir.xiph.org/by_format/NSV

klox
klox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 13:58   #48
DrO

as had already been covered, there were barely any NSV streams left as people just aren't using NSV and haven't done so for years (especially as tool development was stopped a decade ago) as there are far better options for video streaming. plus viewer numbers had drastically waned (<500) even before the view was removed from Winamp (prior to the sale as part of a general review of services).

obviously if stations want to use another service which still supports it then so be it, but as i'm only seeing 8 on there out of the 80-90 which had been known about at the time the support was dropped from SHOUTcast, that doesn't show there's much interest for something which happened over 3 months ago.

and on an unrelated note, i'm surprised that the Ogg Vorbis stream count is so low despite the number of stations i'm aware off who've always refused to use SHOUTcast since it doesn't have Ogg Vorbis support (which based on those numbers alone, makes it less of an incentive to try to support formats other than MP3 and AAC).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 04:15   #49
Obsdark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
as had already been covered, there were barely any NSV streams left as people just aren't using NSV and haven't done so for years (especially as tool development was stopped a decade ago) as there are far better options for video streaming. plus viewer numbers had drastically waned (<500) even before the view was removed from Winamp (prior to the sale as part of a general review of services).

obviously if stations want to use another service which still supports it then so be it, but as i'm only seeing 8 on there out of the 80-90 which had been known about at the time the support was dropped from SHOUTcast, that doesn't show there's much interest for something which happened over 3 months ago.

and on an unrelated note, i'm surprised that the Ogg Vorbis stream count is so low despite the number of stations i'm aware off who've always refused to use SHOUTcast since it doesn't have Ogg Vorbis support (which based on those numbers alone, makes it less of an incentive to try to support formats other than MP3 and AAC).
Actualy..., well, DrO... i was looking arround the web, and maybie it would be a good idea restart the Shoutcast TV directory because i notice than exist a very active proyect to make video streams through NSV on the internet

(i'll post the link another day)

So, maybie, like it is an open source proyect a directory can be created just like one add-on to that program, that way without having the need of bring lots of support to the format we can recover Shoutcast Tv

As a side note an icecast addon to place it NSV icecast stations on a ShoutcastTV directory also be usefull with this.
Old 4th March 2014, 04:47   #50
sankt

Shoutcast / AOL placed the NSV software on hold 11 years ago. They opted to go with other methods and NSV was left for naught.

As previously stated, there are superior methods of streaming video on the Internet.

Old 4th March 2014, 07:06   #51
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsdark View Post
Actualy..., well, DrO... i was looking arround the web, and maybie it would be a good idea restart the Shoutcast TV directory because i notice than exist a very active proyect to make video streams through NSV on the internet

(i'll post the link another day)
that might be so but as NSV listings had dwindled so much in the last few years that a decision had to be made irrespective of everything that happened before a sale was sstarted.

I know that there's more NSV streams out there. however as they weren't listed then they couldn't be factored into the numbers used to judge the relevance of listing NSV streams which had been heavily limited ever since NSV development was halted. same goes with the other many private DNAS out there which we'll never know how many there are.

and its not like support in the DNAS has been removed for NSV streams, its just the means to list / discover them. and yes it hasn't been liked by some but as I've covered a few times, the numbers seen just made no sense to support what was on life support already and if someone wants to make a replacement then good for them, but the reality is NSV missed the boat and is just a historic codec that could have been something but wasn't (like so many others).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2014, 20:06   #52
Obsdark

http://www.scvi.net/nsvice.htm

There is another one, but this can use SHOUTcast/icecast compatibility

I'm just saying than is not that hard make a server than just the only single function will be take the directory's list from another NSV sites and just collect them in just one single webpage, and make that webpage a winamp service.

You don't need to support NSV stream technology at all, all you need to do is make the list and winamp TV will rise, maybie is not SHOUTcast tv, but there is no support to use SHOUTcast NSV so, just keep a good directory to return some kind of TV to winamp, i used to love see that list, i'm thinking on this like an addon for winamp, nothing more.
Old 6th March 2014, 02:31   #53
sankt

Radionomy has no plans for supporting NSV video.

That's a done deal.

Radionomies focus is audio streaming, not video streaming.

Old 12th August 2014, 06:09   #54
raven2099

weird.. funny words fine for me although it's not listed...

a free live-stream tv/radio list is available @ http://thugie.nl/streams.php *not advertizing just sharing a free resource*
raven2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast TV / Nullsoft Video