Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Old 13th September 2006, 12:08   #281
DrO

as soon as unicows was linked into winamp.exe it breaks the api hijacking that i do so i can control/implement some of the obscure things that i do (like jtfe's title drawing which now is done via a winamp.exe api) so i've got to see if there's anything i can do to work around it, if not then i'll just have to feature disable things on newer winamp builds

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 12:13   #282
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
as soon as unicows was linked into winamp.exe it breaks the api hijacking
This is the darkside of implementing major features like unicode.

I guess this was on of the reasons, why Justin and Co never planed to integrate unicode.

Sorry for hijacking your threads, this was my last posting
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2006, 12:19   #283
DrO

it's more i do dodgy things to override/implement things and due to the active development of winamp nowadays i can never assume things will remain the same between builds (is why for the last few months i've predominately been doing maintainence releases instead of new must have plugins ). it's just one of those things though on the whole it's only things which use strings which are affected, otherwise the main bulk of my api hookings seem to work though where possible i've always tried to stay away from using them - the issues with the snesamp wrapper indicate some of the fun that can happen then it fails/is initialised incorrecly)

-daz
Old 14th October 2006, 21:23   #284
The Real Orion

This is great. I love plug-ins!
The Real Orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2006, 11:24   #285
mdd

I'm using TRAP v2.03 with Winamp 5.32.

Everything seems to work properly when playing .MP3 files, but when I play .WMA files, TRAP forgets the last position; it always plays the file from the beginning on startup.

Is this normal?
mdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2006, 19:50   #286
DrO

it shouldn't be normal since it all used to work correctly with wma files but a lot has changed to in_wma and from a quick test i've done i'm sure the problem is with that. the issue then is whether it's something i can fix or is something which needs to be fixed officially.

-daz
Old 3rd December 2006, 00:07   #287
DrO

Time Restore & Autoplay v2.05a
  • Added in a workaround to allow wma files to be restored (since changes to in_wm altered seeking support when a wma file is started to be played)
  • The wma hack uses a 250ms delay, if this is/isn't enough then add wma_hack=xxx to the [Time Restore & AutoPlay] section of your winamp.ini (wma_hack=100 works well for me so i don't experience a slight glitch as the file playback starts before the file can be seeked through)
get v2.05a

Well this works fine on two different machines and winamp setups so hopefully this is the wma issue resolved. I know someone else was having a similar issue but i wasn't able to look into it at the time and i can't find/remember who it was off hand. Hopefully the default delay i've added will work reliably enough, if not the wma_hack=xxx option should be enough to not have me do another build, heh

-daz
Old 3rd December 2006, 12:24   #288
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

DrOtastic. I can verfiy that it works now, not that I ever would use wma at all, heh.
Old 3rd December 2006, 12:38   #289
DrO

cool, well that's 3 confirms for it working. the issue is due to in_wm taking it's merry time to provide a file length which means the jumptotime api can't do much since the plugin doesn't know where it can seek to. alas a quirk in the improved in_wm over the old one (despite that one working correctly before). but yeah, is only by chance i have the one album to test with and since wma is evil i'm leaving the hack adjuster as a ini only option :evilgrin:

-daz
Old 3rd December 2006, 19:53   #290
VortX

great plugin, one of the best
I was using still v1.85, I thought 2.05 was still a beta

Windows 7
Winamp 5.58
VortX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2006, 20:16   #291
DrO

i'm a bit behind on updating the website page for this plugin. i generally tend to put beta or alpha in version descriptions to indicate if they're not full versions. i'll have to try and update that page soon.

-daz
Old 15th December 2006, 14:17   #292
sasort

Hi DrO, and thanks for a great plugin!

I wonder if it is possible in a future version to have a extra option for the "Randomize Winamp´s Playlist" function so it works every time a playlist file is loaded or when the "Play in Winamp" option is used on a dir., without having to shut down Winamp?

I do understand that your Time Restore and Autoplay plugin is designed mostly
for what shuld happen when Winamp is started, but it would be a nice option to have.
:-)

BR
/sasort
sasort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 05:23   #293
BoyNG

Send a message via ICQ to BoyNG
new Russian lang file

Hi, DrO!
New trap_russian.ini by me please
Attached Files
File Type: zip trap_russian.zip (4.2 KB, 561 views)
BoyNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2006, 12:53   #294
DrO

BoyNG: thanks for that, i'll update the installers over the next day or so

sasort: it would make more sense to just code up a small plugin to just do that instead of altering this one (plus i don't fancy having to update the language file specs again for this one ). no promises on an eta but i'll have a look at it over the holiday period

-daz
Old 18th December 2006, 16:12   #295
sasort

Thanks DrO for looking into that!

A small plugin doing that would really make me happy.

BR
sasort
sasort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 21:25   #296
cujorious1

I am afraid that TR&A doesn't work properly in newest Winamp (v5.35) - I tried latest (TRaA v2.06) and latest stable (TRaA v1.85) and none of these was able to resume position in the track (= time), where the track was before shutdown. After next start Winamp begins to play automaticaly, but from the beginning of the file (it's been MP3) and not from the position where it has ended in previous Winamp session. Anyone else has the same problem --> any solution for this? Cheers..
cujorious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 21:51   #297
flocksoft
Major Dude

for me, Winamp 5.35 & TR&A 2.06 works ok (if Winamp has been closed correctly, of course)
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 23:34   #298
DrO

if it's not saving correctly then it means that something is preventing it from doing so. have a look at the 'extra options' on the plugin's preferences to have it auto-save every few seconds.

but really, you might want to try a new install of winamp or disabling other plugins to see if there's a conflict/silent crash on close (is the only thing that i can think of which would cause the issue)

btw, 2.06 is the latest stable release (i think 1.85 is referenced on the winamp.com site but since i can't login/update the submission it's been left up there)

-daz
Old 27th May 2007, 12:14   #299
cujorious1

Thanks, I'll have a look what's going bad here. I already did a clean install (finally I've found time to leave 2.91 =), but had installed few plugins before TRnA - I hope the other plugins are not causing the problem. And I hope that using Lite version is not a problem as well (also highly improbable..)
Old 27th May 2007, 12:46   #300
cujorious1

Ok, so I found out. RM-X Multimedia Edition ( http://wiki.darkain.com/wiki/Main_Page ) is the problem Without RM-X ME loaded, TRnA restores time correctly. Neither auto-saving in extra preferences of TRnA works, always it begins to play from the beginning. RM-X Automation is open-source, but I'm more script kid than programmer. I can report to the developer(s) of RM-X, but I don't feel like having much chances with it. If any of you had a time to look at it, I would be extremely obliged. I know it's too much of work for such a minor problem.
Old 29th May 2007, 07:30   #301
cujorious1

Position IS stored correctly, time_pos in winamp.ini changes - i mean

code:

winamp.ini
[Time Restore & AutoPlay]
time_pos=XXX

XXX changes after each shutdown of winamp. It just can't restore at that position.
Old 29th May 2007, 08:09   #302
DrO

sounds like something's interupting it on load. is the delay load option enabled in TRAP's preferences? if not check that and see if that's any better (sadly is the best option i can offer as things stand)

-daz
Old 31st May 2007, 01:46   #303
cujorious1

I think I tried it all But I've just found another solution - I installed older version of RMX Automation, which offers almost everything I need and which doesn't cause any problems with TRAP. Hooray! Thanks for your advices..
Old 20th June 2007, 03:58   #304
duntkno

can any of these, open a different playlist at startup, other then the one it was last on... ?
duntkno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2007, 23:41   #305
DrO

have a look at Preferences -> Autoplay Options -> Extra Options -> 'Load file / playlist / ML query when Winamp starts'

-daz
Old 5th August 2007, 21:45   #306
d4vr0s

The "Multiple Output Plugin" also causes problems with starting over instead of resuming.
Any chance this could be fixed?
d4vr0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2007, 14:09   #307
tonitoni

First, Thanks for this great plugin! Love that!
But, i got a small prob with it:
I want to load whole library to playlist at winamp start, it does it, but playlist items show only title, not artist - title like normally. What's wrong?

got image if it helps...
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/706/artistlostsq3.jpg
tonitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 10:18   #308
store88

*link removed*
store88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2007, 10:36   #309
DrO

i've removed the link posted since that's an incomplete build and i wasn't able to remove it from the site due to the server acting up at the time. there will be a new official version in a few days and i'll post relevant links to it when it's done (will most likely be bumped to 2.1 just to bring things into check with some of my other versioning adjustments)

-daz
Old 25th August 2007, 17:00   #310
DrO

Quote:
Originally posted by tonitoni
but playlist items show only title, not artist - title like normally. What's wrong?
is a bit of a mix up with the use of the ml api on my part where it's passing the title of the song for winamp to use as the file title instead of the fully formatted title).

i've two options, just not set a title and then winamp will fill that in on it's own (will cause obvious title reading but won't cause a heavy delay in load for a large query than it already does) or i create the titles when adding the entries myself (but then there's the downside of things working more slowly on loading especially if not already cached/loaded).

i've opted for the first option though there will be a ini only setting of use_atf=1 that will make it force build the titles (but is at least 8secs longer than the non-title method on my setup with 6000 tracks).

as a general note the new build (v2.1) is almost done and i'm in the process of checking things out so this should be out in a few days time (so it can then be bundled into the Essentials package)

-daz
Old 26th August 2007, 20:08   #311
DrO

Time Restore & Autoplay v2.1
  • Reworked the layout of the preferences to better fit with Winamp's preference styling (especially from 5.36+)
  • Made the preferences system dpi compatible when using anything higher than 96dpi (as per 5.36+ changes)
  • If you create a timerestore.ini file in the same location as winamp.ini, this will be used to save the plugin's settings into instead of using winamp.ini (custom user option request)
  • Fixed up a few random issues with clean installs not always working correctly as expected (could start to play but leave winamp paused at 0:00 )
  • Adjusted clean install to start playback at winamp's current track rather than forcing to track zero (related to previous change)
  • Fixed ml query loads setting the title to the file's reported title so now makes winamp generate the title once added (or add use_atf=1 into the plugin's ini section to make it generate the titles when added into the playlist - this way is slower on loading)
get v2.1

Just the little bit of polish needed to make this fit in better with the Essentials Pack (and to keep the few people happy who'd been pushing for it to go into the EP )

-daz
Old 27th August 2007, 14:35   #312
tonitoni

excellent, thanks
tonitoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 15:29   #313
Pawel

Send a message via ICQ to Pawel
Quote:
Originally posted by DrO

Just the little bit of polish needed to make this fit in better with the Essentials Pack (and to keep the few people happy who'd been pushing for it to go into the EP )

-daz
Hello
I will send you this file today (polish language file for gen_timerestore.dll). It is finished, I must check it only with v2.1. I hope it will be in Winamp Essential and in my Winamp Polish Language Pack.
Regards
-Pawel
Pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2007, 16:12   #314
Pawel

Quote:
Originally posted by PepeSoft
I will send you this file today
Here it is:
Attached Files
File Type: zip trap_polski.zip (1.6 KB, 341 views)
Old 27th August 2007, 17:09   #315
DrO

thanks for that, a new version of the installer is uploaded now. as for essentials pack inclusion, for the time being there won't be any plugin translations included in the EP since none of the other plugins in there are localised and seems pointless with the language pack support of winamp as is. the inclusion of trap localisations may change in future but for the moment it'll just be the plugin only in the EP

[edit]
i've done a brief update for the plugin's page on my site so it relates a bit better to the 2.1 version (still need to finish off all of the new options but it's better than it was before)

-daz
Old 27th August 2007, 21:41   #316
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
I hope it will be in Winamp Essential and in my Winamp Polish Language Pack.
After a short discussion with DrO, I have to agree with him, Winamp is still aviable in English only, nearly all plug-ins of the EP are English too. (I could modify the installer and force Find File on Disk to be translated via winamp.ini, but the rest would be still English).

For now, it's not worth to ship the TRAP translations.
Old 29th August 2007, 20:40   #317
Pawel

Quote:
Originally posted by Koopatrooper
For now, it's not worth to ship the TRAP translations.
I must agree with you. But maybe someday...

Ps: As always, polish winamp fans will find localised versions of EP plugins in polish langpack (if it will be released)...
Old 23rd February 2008, 03:56   #318
Alcahest

bug: if i play a mp3 and then move it or delete it while winamp is closed, next time I launch winamp it will be using 100% CPU, trying to load the ghost file. Please implement a check "if file doesn't exist, do nothing"
Also, I'm still very interested in a unicode bugfixed version of gen_displaychange
Alcahest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2008, 18:09   #319
DrO

if the file is invalid then winamp should be handling this rather than in this plugin. i've not tried so don't know if it's a quick fix on my part or not to work around deficiencies in code elsewhere.

[off topic on plugin thread]
i've tried to make a working gen_displaychange this weekend and it's basically been a wasted 5hrs of the little freetime i have. none of the old versions i have work correctly with the newer versions of winamp and i don't have any of the code which was used to make the non-unicode fixed version (guess i'd started to try to improve the code but ran out of time on that one like with oh so many other winamp projects) so i don't know what's going on but then again the plugin was a massive hack to begin with and really i don't think it should be used since it causes issues with the player itself internally. if i every make a version that works then i'll post about it in the correct thread though it's looking very remote that it'll happen going on the last few hours wasted work.

-daz
Old 2nd March 2008, 18:32   #320
Alcahest

oh daz, thanks for your answer.
sorry to hear about those wasted hours.
If it ever happens it's cool, otherwise don't worry. ^^;
Thanks for all your awesome plugins
Alcahest is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion