Old 11th December 2013, 19:31   #281
lordsilver

This must be way later for this, but this skin ( http://www.winamp.com/skin/neoclassic-v-1-2/160626 ) could replace Winamp classic skin in the installer. I know, I know that you can change it after, but I'm thinking about what will "remain" in the world with this last version of Winamp. It has almost the same look, but with a "modern" touch.
lordsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 20:12   #282
DrO

not going to happen.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 21:14   #283
Urge

Whenever I edit an m4a file, i.e. add rating or replay gain, the file permission is changed such that inherited permissions are removed and replaced by new permissions for the current user, admin and system account. Any way to change this behavior, or is this a bug?
Urge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th December 2013, 21:20   #284
DrO

probably not (especially with what's happening with Winamp) as the file is effectively re-created so that would explain the change of things as the 'updated' file is not the same as what was before the edit.
Old 13th December 2013, 03:24   #285
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

5.666 Build 3516 now available.

A plethora of fixes.

First 2 posts in thread updated accordingly.

And that's all folks....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 03:45   #286
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
thanks DrO and Egg and all the other devs.

I use winamp all the time. its the best for what I like to do. I hope this is only a temporary ending.

but I just want to reiterate my appreciation to all you guys who helped me and listened to me and made the best player better, and also to Frankel who was smart enough to get the ball rolling.

thanks!!!

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 06:31   #287
CJ_Man

Same here. Thanks for all your efforts guys. Now try to relax and have a great xmas and new year.
CJ_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 08:06   #288
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

"Now try to relax"... I don't know, if I am able to relax, maybe not right now... A great xmas? Without the Winamp-Website and without the old Winamp Forums?... But yes, I have a wish for xmas, and You all know, what I wish, there is no object to touch, there is some virtual. I think, I am not the only one, who has this very special wish for xmas...

I have just downloaded again all the installer-setups. I am always making enough backup-copies, and You should do that, too, onto all Your computers, USB-Sticks, external harddrives, DVDS, but also on more than only 1 filehoster / cloud (for private use), in case the house or apartment could suddenly burn. Sure, also filehippo.com, oldversion.com, oldapps.com & co have the installer-setups, but I prefer these setups directly from winamp.com and the old forums.

I have to say that again and again: Thank You all for Your very good work!... I will miss You all very soon...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 08:06   #289
ravermeister

Send a message via ICQ to ravermeister
same here!!!
but anyway I will continue to use Winamp,
one of the best software pieces ever made!

lastfm.rimkus.it - last.fm Youtube Radio (buy me)
www.rimkus.it - Contact Music & More
ravermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 08:08   #290
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Yes, ravermeister. I myself will do that, too. No other media player is so good, only Winamp...

Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Music, Art, Lyrics, Videos
AMBIENT... AMBIENT music forever...
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 08:08   #291
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
http://winampforum.com/

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 12:18   #292
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
A plethora of fixes.
that's scary seeing all of the changes / fixes in such a way as looks like about what would have been fixed over a 2 year period but done in around 3 months. maybe now I can get some sleep...
Old 13th December 2013, 14:47   #293
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 15:18   #294
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

So finally the final release, good job, DrO.

As for the German language pack shipped in that version, I've spent a lot of time to verify the whole package, to prevent the issues, we saw in the last build.

We tested things and it it was now safe to remove graphic files, which are not translated. Winamp is using the English graphics from the main files now. This reduced the whole size of the language pack.

Additionally I've verified the accelerator tables, removed unneeded accelerator tables, verified the styles of the dialogs and fixed a lot of typos and tweaked some things, which includes all of the user feedback I got as well.

That is the best German language pack version I've ever done, so safe the best for last, huh?

The external version: http://koopa.meggamusic.co.uk/winampdeutsch

was updated as well and the Winamp-de-de.wlz is now identical with the version shipped in Winamp. The installer will now remember your holiday skin settings, I've fixed a lot of glitches in the installer and it adds localization for DrO's 'ML Exporter' plugin.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 17:52   #295
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
Why the size of installer is smaller than the one before?
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 17:57   #296
Chrissyx

Send a message via ICQ to Chrissyx
Great final release, I salute you!

I like "silly devs"!

At the going down of the sun and in the morning ...
we will remember Winamp ♥
Chrissyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 18:16   #297
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlexijL View Post
Why the size of installer is smaller than the one before?
because of optimising the language packs and sometimes just due to how the dlls have been built, it may compress better than what was built before it.
Old 13th December 2013, 19:55   #298
eagle2013

After updating to 3516 the problem is in the font playlist.
defaults to 11 pixels Arial, but when I go to the video menu item, font is thicker and bigger. Also, the audio item and all items are then thicker and bigger. Setting but still shows 11 pixels and arial. When I stay on the audio item and not switch to the video item, fotn is ok.
I installed back to 3512, there is everything ok.
I use modern skin

Does anyone similar problem?
eagle2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 19:58   #299
DrO

i assume you mean http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=193 and would suggest trying the workaround mentioned in my replies if that is what you mean.
Old 13th December 2013, 20:40   #300
harimenon89

wheres the "Color Themes" menu under the "Options" Dropdown? is it shifted to a different section?

Hari
harimenon89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2013, 23:09   #301
lostinsound

Quote:
Originally Posted by harimenon89 View Post
wheres the "Color Themes" menu under the "Options" Dropdown? is it shifted to a different section?
I had that problem (along with a few other menu problems) when I tried to install 5.666 over the top of an older version. When I uninstalled Winamp and deleted everything before re-installing again all the menus were normal and worked as expected. If you're concerned about losing things like playcounts and history you might want to try out the Winamp Backup Tool if you haven't already.
lostinsound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 10:31   #302
DARcode

I want to say from the bottom of my heart it's been a great ride, never had a different music player on my Windows machines since the first version and I've tried several, a huge thank you to all developers past and present and a special one for the smorgasboard of fixed of this release, really going out with a bang, best of luck to all for their future adventures.
DARcode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 10:41   #303
schulze

hi there

thx for this last release. but I found a bug with JTFE: the setting "skin window in current winamp skin style" is reset everytime I start winamp. in winamp.ini "jumpex_skin=1" is set correctly. switched to the last gen_jumpex.dll and it's working as intended.

also no_video=1 is not working for me.
any ideas?

I hope winamp will serve me well for the next few years like it did in the past.

best regards
schulze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 12:41   #304
pureocean

DrO,

Last 6 days... :'( Thank you very much at the last moment all updates.

A question: Could you adding "show average bitrate" feature for some VBR-M4A/AAC?
New Since 5.62 AACdec.w5s can't show average bitrate.

I wrote here: http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...03&postcount=1
pureocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 12:56   #305
OlexijL

Send a message via AIM to OlexijL Send a message via Yahoo to OlexijL
Quote:
Originally Posted by schulze View Post
hi there

thx for this last release. but I found a bug with JTFE: the setting "skin window in current winamp skin style" is reset everytime I start winamp. in winamp.ini "jumpex_skin=1" is set correctly. switched to the last gen_jumpex.dll and it's working as intended.

also no_video=1 is not working for me.
any ideas?

I hope winamp will serve me well for the next few years like it did in the past.

best regards
confirmed.
OlexijL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 14:23   #306
timmib

Greetings,

I do not come by here often and am glad I stopped by for the 'final'. Thanks to DrO and DJ Egg for all your work. It reminds me of the move from '2' to '3' ... . I still use 2.95 as my work horse with Audacity for all my music editting. I do hope the winamp engine continues in some form or another. It has truly stood the test of time.

Be well,

Kim
timmib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 14:38   #307
DrO

pureocean: its due to the change in AAC libraries and is not something that can be changed now as 3516 is the last build I believe I'll be part of making.

timmib: the prevalence of people still using 2.x is part of the whole reason we're in the position we are now.

schulze: as time allows I'll look into what's wrong with my plug-in but it may have to wait (as I've noted in the bug reports thread). also please explain what's not working with the no_video option please.
Old 14th December 2013, 15:33   #308
schulze

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
schulze: as time allows I'll look into what's wrong with my plug-in but it may have to wait (as I've noted in the bug reports thread). also please explain what's not working with the no_video option please.
hi DrO

after setting no_video=1 the video tab under preferences is still present but this is just a cosmetic thing. I don't really mind because I didn't install / deleted everything video related (plugins etc).

went back to JTFE b1212 and everything's working flawlessly so take your time.

thanks again and wish you guys the best of luck!
Old 14th December 2013, 15:42   #309
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

I'll try to make a no - video version of Bento this (Argentinian) afternoon..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 14th December 2013, 16:22   #310
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

no_video=1

is working just great here, make sure, that you put the setting under the [Winamp] section of your winamp.ini.

All menus and video related options are gone. Only the Bento Browser tab looks weird then, but the whole Bento tab code never was the best working and most flexible thing in the world.

And don't forget, that Winamp is able to remove all video entries too, if you remove all Video related plugins and set the Windows Media Plugin to audio only.
Old 14th December 2013, 17:46   #311
schulze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
no_video=1

is working just great here, make sure, that you put the setting under the [Winamp] section of your winamp.ini.

All menus and video related options are gone. Only the Bento Browser tab looks weird then, but the whole Bento tab code never was the best working and most flexible thing in the world.

And don't forget, that Winamp is able to remove all video entries too, if you remove all Video related plugins and set the Windows Media Plugin to audio only.
thanks Koopa it's working now!
tried to put it in the first / last line in winamp.ini but it didn't work there.

Old 14th December 2013, 17:51   #312
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

There you go, Big Bento "No video" (at all) skin: Link.

Removed everything I could, including the most important and tricky wasabi call.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 14th December 2013, 19:08   #313
DigiBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victhor View Post

Removed everything I could, including the most important and tricky wasabi call.
Great!

Maybe you could also modify the "normal" Bento skin...?

Many thanks in advance.
DigiBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 20:04   #314
Kado

Quote:

Thanks!

Kado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 20:37   #315
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiBC View Post
Great!

Maybe you could also modify the "normal" Bento skin...?

Many thanks in advance.
Was gonna wait till´ someone request it.. =) re-check the link, I also uploaded Bento there.

I haven´t tested it since I USE video with Winamp but it should work flawlessly, anyway, the first who tries it drop some "ok" please.

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 14th December 2013, 20:49   #316
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Victhor:

would it be possible to create a Bento version, which is able to re-arrange or close tabs in general? This was requested a few times ago, but the creators of Bento never showed much interest in implementing a more flexible tab system.

One of the main things I don't like in Bento is the browser tab and that all links you click at are forced to open in the Bento browser instead of my default web browser.
Old 14th December 2013, 20:56   #317
DigiBC

Quote:
Was gonna wait till´ someone request it.. =) re-check the link, I also uploaded Bento there.

I haven´t tested it since I USE video with Winamp but it should work flawlessly, anyway, the first who tries it drop some "ok" please.
I'm sorry, but that one's not working. Unfortunately only some "crap" is shown...
DigiBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 21:15   #318
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
..would it be possible to create a Bento version, which is able to re-arrange or close tabs in general? This was requested a few times ago, but the creators of Bento never showed much interest in implementing a more flexible tab system.
You mean something like the default skin these guys used in their "plugin"?

I know it´s not exactly the same, but the functional part should be more than enough..

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Old 14th December 2013, 21:23   #319
omegadragonstar

first off thanks to all the developers who were maintaining winamp im gonna miss the updates and new codecs which winamp usually supported first on windows! (on a side note this also is effectively killing fre:ac new codec support as well (if they were winamp codecs)...
also im likely to late to get this fixed but:
When winamp is in docked and switching between windowshade and main modes it resizes all my windows to where winamps current bottom is aka when in full screen mode it makes them in to tooth pick size lines. it some times leaves them like that other times it resets them to correct size. also winamp as a odd flicker while doing the same thing. both can be seen in the vid. it happens with and without added addons. the latest version leaves them resized... older vid showing the problem they resize in the vid: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0Ac...RmM/edit?pli=1 im sure winamp should not do that
to make the problem happen you just have to switch the dock mode top bottom off and hit win shade mode it happens a bit but not everytime also it does it in a new fresh virtual pc setup)
new vid showing latest version https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0A...it?usp=sharing (google may takes some time to convert the file (the download is at the top left if its not veiwable)
omegadragonstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2013, 21:27   #320
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
You mean something like the default skin these guys used in its "plugin"?

I know it´s not exactly the same, but the functional part should be more than enough..
Yeah, but it's not the same, hehe. But I'm even not sure, if all needed source code for Bento is available to do such things. Was just an idea.

DigiBC:

Victhor's Bento Skin mod without video tab is working great here.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion