Old 8th February 2016, 14:59   #1
ariszlo

Name of this skin

I mined this skin out from one of the skins messed up by Alexandru Cuibari of winampskins.info who likes to pack two or more skins in a single .wsz file (cf. Messed-up skins at winampskins.info). He added the bmp and txt files of this skin to CircuitAmp.wsz. If you rename it CircuitAmp.zip and look inside the zip file, you will see that it contains duplicate bmp and txt files. The files with lowercase filenames and the README.txt belong to CircuitAMP 2.0, while those with uppercase filenames belong to the skin whose name I would like to find out. (CircuitAMP at 1001Skins do not contain the files added by Alexandru Cuibari.)

I am attaching the skin mined out from CircuitAmp.wsz with a screenshot of it and an enlarged screenshot of its titlebar.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	titlebar.png
Views:	117
Size:	419 Bytes
ID:	52247   Click image for larger version

Name:	what_is_this_skin.png
Views:	240
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	52248  
Attached Files
File Type: wsz what_is_this.wsz (32.0 KB, 123 views)
ariszlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 15:26   #2
garetjax
Candyass
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to garetjax Send a message via AIM to garetjax Send a message via MSN to garetjax Send a message via Yahoo to garetjax
DAFAT - Published as Fuck the Llama...

Never added to Winamp Skin Submissions; was at one point on 1001skins and affiliates; removed due to the original author trying to package other things in the zip.

I can only tell you those details; as the name of the user, email or other details are scarce after many many years.

1001skins |
That's not a skin, it's some god awful piece of skinner gunk. - Mr. Jones
garetjax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th February 2016, 18:05   #3
ariszlo

Thank you a lot! I could not even read the title. I tried LAFAT, CAFAT, LAPAT, CAPAT to no avail.
Old 9th February 2016, 13:22   #4
Victhor
Late skinner & Moderator

Ariszló, are you doing some Winamp skins museum / history? Or just being neat about names and authors? =)

· · TMCT · KOMODO X
Victhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2016, 06:59   #5
ariszlo

LOL! I like to give credit where credit is due. That is why I posted the names of the authors of all the skins shared by BelkacemRezgui at DeviantArt.

As for DAFAT, I was just curious to know what skin Alexandru Cuibari had packed into CircuitAMP. It clearly had a title that I could not read, which intrigued me. I thought it was an acronym but now I know it spells an alternate pronunciation of 'the fat'. Not that easy to figure it out if English is not your mother tongue.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Classic Skins