Old 14th July 2011, 21:06   #1
cyborgns

Big bento/bento/ modern skin and another bugs on Win7

there is a problem with winamp since i install win 7 un my pc :

1.- when i start winamp (current version 5.621), i start it with classic skin, cuz if i don't this message apears in the top of the screen is RED with Black

"Script Failure , Press left mouse button to continue,
guru meditation #001C.00180210.30 Null object call

Scripts/menualign.maki"

and crashes.... it happens all times that i want to change the skin from classic to anyother.

2.- the second problem about win 7 and winamp is that when i star winamp (the current version 5.621) and i close it.... well it keeps running in background, when a try to start it again it won't start and when i finaly get taried of waiting, i open the task manager and when i look up for the winamp prosess.... there're 10 proseeses of winamp.exe executing at the same time, but non of them are working actualy.. there are just freze up there, the only way to make it work, it's closing all of the proceses "winamp.exe" and executing again...... it's a little frustraiting cuz in win Xp it did'nt happen...

if there's any solotion for these issues please tell me

Thanks guys Winamp 4Ever
cyborgns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2011, 23:48   #2
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
this may not have anything to do with anything, but its worth a shot:

right click on the winamp icon, and choose "run as administrator" and see if that helps.

if not, you might need to post your standalone onefornunz list.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2011, 17:38   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

#1 usually occurs if Winamp is being run in compatibility mode.
With Winamp closed, right-click the Winamp desktop icon (or winamp.exe itself), select Properties,
Uncheck everything in the Compatibility tab,
Click Apply/OK.

If #2 persists, then a yes, a List of Plugins will be required.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 14:23   #4
Mantulis87

omg finally an working solution with just single click, after wasting 5 hours of trying to fix it. So i am running windows 7 and wasnt able ever to use any of the modern skins. Was getting this script failure/guru meditation error. Usually to be able run winamp again I had to edit winamp.ini file by deleting skin preference, also by deleting studio.xnf has never fixed anything either. So i tryed several times completely removing winamp, then cleaning registry couple times with ccleaner and tuneup mainteance untill theres no errors left in it and doing registry defragment. Well, unfortunatelly it never worked. Appears it was related with compatibility, cuz mine was set on Windows XP (Service Pack 2) or 3 and I just changed it to Windows 7. Now all modern skins are working!

P.S. Windows 7 are so buggy, because ealier also had problems with compatibility... for example skype wouldnt go to tray icons when minimized but just sit on taskbar and by changing compatibility to Windows XP (Service Pack 2) fixes it xD

P.S.S. Thnx a lot DJ Egg - hopefully winamp tech fixes it, because I assume loads of people with w7 getting this trouble whilst using modern skins, since winamp on install is unable to determine correct compatibility.
Mantulis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2011, 15:20   #5
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

As far as I know, there's nothing for us to fix.

Winamp is fully Win7 compatible and should install by default on Win7 without any compatibility settings enabled.

Maybe these issues occur on older pre-release versions of Win7 that haven't had sp1 and/or certain WindowsUpdates applied?
Or some external program manager is erronoeusly changing compatibility settings,
or the user manually changed compatibility settings themselves?

I guess also that some old 3rd-party plugins could create compatibility issues...
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 01:23   #6
smodtactical

Strangest thing is I'm getting this error when I try to run winamp on a hotkey from my OCZ alchemy elixir keyboard. Running winamp from the windows7 bar works fine, but if I set winamp.exe to a hotkey and then run it I get that error.

Winamp eventually starts after the error but then I can't bring it up so I can see it (yet I can play music from it by using my hotkeys). Any idea how to fix this? Thanks!
smodtactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th July 2012, 12:16   #7
Batter Pudding
Major Dude

With your OCZ keyboard software, what is asked for in the settings? Is it only the name of the executable? Or are there any extra choices like start folders being asked for?

I assume you have already checked for updates of this OCZ software.

It would be very odd for keyboard software to be applying compatibility settings to programs it launches. They really are only for broken programs which have not been updated for the new OS. Win7 is now getting "old" and Vista is six years old now. All decent products should have been made compatible by now.

One thought - is the OCZ software using compatibility settings on its own shortcut?

I had a quick look on the OCZ website for the software, and noticed the age of the keyboard mentioning XP and Vista compatibility. So maybe they ticked the compatibility boxes on their installation? Worth checking.
Batter Pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2013, 04:52   #8
alwinder

I have the same error involving that "Guru Meditation".After reading some of the forum's messages,I went to Winamp Classic skin and no more problems, for now anyways.All other three skins cause the same problem.

Alberto
Win7
alwinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 18:22   #9
Caspersky

I had such error. But I've done as Mantulis87, I just run ccleaner and it fixed all registry errors. Then Winamp runs perfectly with any skin.
Caspersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 18:45   #10
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Caspershy,

Registry errors should be fixed. But Mantulis87 said that did not work for him. He set a compatibility flag. However, that was almost 2 years ago, the current versions of Winamp (stable and beta) do not need a compatibility flag to be set and recommend against it.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 18:54   #11
Caspersky

I had an error under Win 8, and I tried to turn on & off different compatibilities, but nothing happenes. I tried to reinstall many different versions of app. Only registry cleaning restored functionality of Winamp.
Caspersky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 19:02   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

Ok, the version of Windows being used is a kinda important detail, especially since everyone else in this thread was using Windows 7. But, it's all good.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Tags
big bento problem, crash