Old 19th January 2021, 20:34   #121
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJK View Post
A reason as i don't know what they put in the shot is not valid , if you eat a hotdog you are taking something where you also don't know what they put in it.......
Hotdogs won't inject Boss Metalzone pedals into your body though.

On a more serious note, yes, it's your own choice. But you should at least consider that you're not just risking your own life.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2021, 20:50   #122
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Got tested postive for the bug last Thursday. Had some headaches and some pain in the gut over the weekend and that was it. Since I work from home, I didn't even report as sick.

Although I know people also die from this virus, I really feel the medicine is becoming worse than the illness pretty quickly now.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2021, 21:41   #123
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post

On a more serious note, yes, it's your own choice. But you should at least consider that you're not just risking your own life.
that is a very true fact ...

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

Nope, it's not a radiostation just a non stop darkwave music stream

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2021, 22:41   #124
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
At this point I don't care. Why should I? Everyone makes me seem like Hitler at this point for not wanting the vaccine. Not like I actually WANT to go and make people sick. Since I apparently do maybe I'll go out and cough and lick things next time I get strep.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2021, 18:26   #125
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeder7001 View Post
At this point I don't care. Why should I?
Thou shalt not kill?

You're supposed to be the Jesus freak.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2021, 19:00   #126
deeder7001
Jesus Freak
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to deeder7001 Send a message via Yahoo to deeder7001
That's more of a don't stab someone purposely kinda thing. And the Jesus freak thing went away like 11 years ago. I still believe I'm just not a Bible thumper type.

There is no sig.
deeder7001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2021, 23:31   #127
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
This past Thursday afternoon 28 January, I received the first shot in the Moderna two-shot series. For those interested in my reaction: It never left a visible mark. That evening, I could only feel a trace of pain if I put pressure on it. Friday and Saturday morning it was no more sore than any other booster shot such as tetanus shot, which in my opinion caused a bit more soreness than this COVID vaccine. So, there is significant soreness for those first two days, but nothing very noteworthy.

Saturday afternoon, I had to unload a pickup truck full of lumber, followed by refilling it and unloading it a couple more times with split firewood when I was moving it from the wood shed to where I stack it near the house wall. Nothing overly heavy, just a lot of reaching up and down and lots of movement. That was a big help. They tell people to move your arm often and it gets rid of the soreness, and it turned out to be quite true in my case. I don't think it would have mattered if it were heavy work either though. By Sunday morning, I couldn't feel soreness even if I put pressure on the area. It was just back to normal. Overall, it just seemed like any other vaccine shot for the most part as far as my reaction to it.

On the other hand, I heard the second shot for Moderna can have some more reactions such as making you feel sleepy or worn out, but I won't be able to see for myself until 28 days after the first shot. Then they say I have to wait two weeks after that before I can consider myself fully immunized.

The Pfizer brand vaccine is supposed to be faster acting, but that's not available to us around here yet, and they wanted to have all of us as educators to be vaccinated as quickly as possible, so we ended up with Moderna. I don't know anyone that has had any COVID vaccination other than Moderna. The younger educators are still waiting on a scheduled day for them to get the shot. Because I'm on the older half of the employees, I was able to get mine. They're not forcing anyone to take any vaccination, but they're offering it in waves based on your age and status as first responder and/or educator.

The older educators in my building and district received their first injection early enough that they're getting their second of two Moderna shots today. So tomorrow and Friday will tell the tale in terms of whether or not they report any significant side effects or reactions. I'll report back if I hear anything worth mentioning, for those of you curious to know.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2021, 03:45   #128
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Thanks a lot for the update.

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2021, 01:31   #129
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Co-workers confirmed what I had heard before. The second Moderna shot is bigger on side effects when compared to the first in the series. A bit more pain in the arm starting around 4-5 hours after injection, and feeling tired, fatigued, and a bit stiff the next day, almost how a sports player would feel the next morning after a day of conditioning. I almost got the impression that 60-year-olds were living a day in the body of a reasonably healthy 85-year-old. Still, not too overwhelming. I'm hearing stiff but not so much achy. Like sit down and stand up more slowly than usual kind of stiff. One of the teachers in this category called off work because of the side effects, but then just decided to come in before the morning was even over, since the side effects, while not fun, weren't overly taxing. Still sounds kinda rough though.

That said, these are the oldest co-workers that were therefore earliest to get the shot (high 50's and up in age), and they're only one day past the second shot today. I'll need three more weeks before I'll know how the second shot affects people my age (I'm 42) since we just got the shot a week ago. My guess is that younger people won't have as much in terms of side effects, but I don't know from personal experience yet.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2021, 00:22   #130
mikm
Major Dude

The side effects must be because of all the Bill Gates/George Soros microchips. /s

No vaccines for most Wisconsin teachers until the beginning of March. I'm not too concerned since I'm not in the classroom and my only real exposure would be from the grocery store.