Is there Windows Vista/7 SHOUTcast mic Fix Yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AlbinoFromAbout
    • May 2010

Is there Windows Vista/7 SHOUTcast mic Fix Yet?

I have windows 7 and have been attempting to use a mic and streaming music, but I have only been able to do one or the other using SHOUTcast.

With windows 7 spreading more and more will there be a update to fix this eventually, because it is rather annoying? Also don't bother mentioning switching it to "What you hear" That doesn't work for me.

To be honest after wrestling with SHOUTcast to get it to work in the first place because of Winamps upgrades I would rather just try another program, but winamp is the only one that streams music properly for free in AAC as well as other formats that I have found.

So any and all info/advice would help, thanks.
  • Nick@ss
    • Nov 2004

Get a decent soundcard.

it works for me but the windows standard cards wont do what you need.

Seems harsh but if you want a pro station and pro toools you need to spend pro money.

My M Audio lt 1010 works like a charm under 7.
    www.streamsolutions.co.uk
    SHOUTcast | Flash Media | Windows Media | Icecast 2 | Content Delivery |

Comment

• fc*uk
      • Dec 2005

The soundcard does not play much of a role in boradcasting if you are only sending out music. Quality of a music only stream is reflected in the quality of the files being streamed.

If you are broadcasting voice or from live DJ gear, then you need a good card going into your computer as the card directly effects sound quality. That m-audio 1010 Nick has is a monster. I believe m-audio makes a version of that beast for a mac and when I finally conjure up enough money for a tower ... until then I am stuck with my PC and X-Fi ...
      Trancectro/electro-house/electro | Are You Hard?

Comment

• Skelten
        • May 2010

Hey there, I was having this problem all last night and I saw all the threads that had horrible advice on how to live stream your microphone through shoutcast. Unfortunately we don't all have fancy soundcards with the stereo-mix option, so some of us have to emulate it.

Download a program called Virtual Audio Cable. http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.html

Install the program.

In the Virtual Audio Cable Configuration screen create 2 virtual audio cables.

Open 2 instances of the Sound Repeater program.

On the first instance make Wave In Line 1 and Wave Out your default computer speakers.

On the second instance of Sound Repeater change Wave In to Line 1 and Wave Out to Line 2.

Change the default sound output of whatever program you want to broadcast sound from to Line 1.

Change your default system microphone in your recording settings of your computer to Line 2.

Change Shoutcast input to Soundcard input and chose your microphone.

Now I used this to live broadcast my sound from Ableton but I am sure the idea is pretty similar to all programs where you are allowed to change the audio output.

I feel your pain on how bad of a situation this is the remedy, I literally spent a good 5 hours trying to figure this out last night and when I came on here and saw a similar problem I couldn't help but register and try to help.

Comment

• Brutish Sailor
          Major Dude
          • Jan 2009

5 star post!
          KNSJ.org 89.1 FM San Diego

Comment

Working...
          X