Old 21st May 2001, 05:22   #1
Mnementh2k1

One must exist somewhere. I have been searching for the better part of this millennium. All I need is a program capable of converting IT, S3M, STM, XM, etc, to MP3 format.

Reason? I have over 150 megs of MOD music. My friends like some of my MP3 music tastes, and would like to hear the rest of what I have. Unfortunately, most of them *gasp* don't have a computer, and those that do *GASP* don't have WinAmp. So, I need a way to convert them to MP3, to make a musicdisk.
Mnementh2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2001, 05:46   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

dude use the wav out plugin which comes with winamp 2.xx
then convert the wav's to mp3's using "lame" or something
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2001, 05:54   #3
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

Well, if you're making audio disks, you can just use the wave writer plug-in and skip the converting to MP3 part.

And if you really do want to turn those mods into MP3s, just use one of the MP3 output plug-ins to skip the conversion-to-WAV step. See the Tech Support Greatest Hits forum for more info and links to the relevant plug-ins.
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2001, 09:36   #4
Kalervo Manni

If you want the best possible sound quality you should use ModPlug Player to save mods to wav and then encode them with Lame (for example PP's MP3 encoder plugin for Winamp). You shouldn't use Mikmod plugin for saving mods to wav becaues it isn't the best choise (doesn't play all mods right). Get ModPlug Player from http://www.modplug.com and MP3 encoder from http://pp666.cjb.net
Kalervo Manni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2001, 05:57   #5
Winsane
Moderator Alumni

And some would argue that XMPlay (or the in_bass plug-in for Winamp) would do a better job of converting the mods.
Winsane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 12:35   #6
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert J King View Post
Now there are a lot of software will have a free trial software, you can find someone to convert a free trial version of the software before converting it and see results.
12 year 6 month necrobump… is that a record?

SSJ4 Gogitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions