Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 9th December 2007, 03:03   #1
Caraanam

Sound problems when playing online games and using winamp....

Hi..... so i finally have winamp 5.5 up and running as it was meant too with my aac files being read and blah blah....here is my lastest problem tho...when i am playing online games (lets say WOW) and have winamp open in the background....when a song first starts the winamp sound is turned way UP AND REALLY LOUD and hurty on my ears cuz i am wearing headphones (yes i admit i am a complete dork...dont judge me), lol anyhow....i have tried as suggested in other threads messing with the plugins for output but turning crap on and off, making it so my general sound controller controls the volume and not winamp's, but nothing seems to correct this problem.

Is anyone aware of this being a bug, or just my bad luck? or am i a retard or is wow stupid somehow lol?

I am using Windows XP and Creative SB Audigy 2 (WDM)

thanks for any information..
<3 me
Caraanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 05:07   #2
Rocker

set the main system volume all the way up
turn the wave volume all the way up aswell
turn your speakers down (this will also improve sound quality as your amp has to do less gain)

winamp should be using the directsound plugin(so volume is independant of the wave volume)

open winamp --> preferences -->output -->highlight "nullsoft directsound output" --> close

turn winamps volume to where you want it to be and hit play

now open WOW
winamp's volume should be independant but in respect to the wave volume control in windows.

as of wow is concearned it can't be turned up any louder, and winamps volume should be less(unless you turned it all the way up)
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2007, 21:40   #3
Caraanam

thanks for the info....still hasn't fixed my problem
suppose i will have to live with loud fade ins until a new version is released or something.

*kicks herself for upgrading*
Caraanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support