Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Old 21st March 2018, 22:12   #1
DrGerryD

Now I have created my shoutcast radio station: How do I get it to send my stuff

I created the station and it all looks fine, but the url for my playlist does not seem to work. I am using the free HTML5 player.

Gerry
DrGerryD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2018, 21:39   #2
DrGerryD

Not much action on this help line ??? In the mean time I have a playlist uploaded to my web site. This playlist plays fine when I access it directly, but using the link in my control panel does not work, even though I place the source of the stream at the same link address...???
Old 22nd March 2018, 21:54   #3
DrGerryD

Ok, so now I have a playlist which works on the stream source stated in the control panel - Hurrah !! BUT, this is not a true radio station in that if I log into the site at that location it starts at the start of the playlist and not where it would happen to be on a radio station if I tuned in. Is this normal ? If so then it is not what am looking for as it is a streaming service and not an on line radio service....And so far I have seen no use for the DNAS. That cannot be true so there MUST be something I am missing...???
Old 22nd March 2018, 22:30   #4
neralex
Major Dude

DNAS is an streaming-server tool, which you can install on a remote-server with permissions to manage applications. This has nothing to do with the streaming-service.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd March 2018, 18:04   #5
DrGerryD

Thanks for the tip: I am now able to stream the music with the appropriate link - BUT this is not what I am looking for, as the listener streams from the start of the M3u file and not at an arbitrary place in the transmission as they would do if they tuned in on a radio. So I guess the problem is solved.

Regards
Old 24th March 2018, 12:15   #6
DrGerryD

Ok - So FINALLY , and without any help from this "help" resource, I discovered that I needed - and therefore downloaded, a GUI which is not downloadable from the shoutcast site. I downloaded the Nullsoft Shoutcast server GUI and am now able to communicate with the on board server....
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support