Old 22nd August 2005, 16:49   #1
thafreak

A couple of questions...

Hi there !!

I recently working hard on finishing my radio stream... i use shoutcast server and sam broadcaster as source on a windows machine...

nearby i have also live shows which get streamed via shoutcast winamp dsp plugin... i wrote some scripts which manage who can stream and so that the source is not blocking a live show and other way round...

but now since o have multiple sources i wonder about 2 things:

1.) When switching sources for example a live show ends and the dj disconnects and my sam-source connects again then there was a short break with no source connected (about 10 seconds) does my stream now get removed from shoutcast directorys or not... since when i have multiple shows on 1 day i dont want to loose my status / ranking every time.. cauze it takes some time after u get listed again once u got removed at the shoutcast directory listing... SO is there a way to stay there online all the time even if there are short disconnects...

2.) What about my station genres... sam-broadcaster has the main station genres.. i mean most of the time sam runs... there i ahve following genres "jungle Drum and Bass" ... so now when a dj connects with winamp dsp and streams live shoutcast reads from his plugin.ini file or not ? but i dont want to change my genres.. is there a way to ALWAYS keep my genres, no matter which source is connected ... or do i have to tell my djs that they have to use the same genres like i have it configured in sam (manual editing of ini file for every dj)

Plz help !!
Thx alot in advance

thafreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 17:29   #2
NJK
The Frisian

1- no , everytime you switch and there is no connection between dsp and dnas you get disconneted.

2- that is more an issue for www.spacialaudio.com
Sam has it's own forums and this is a Sam question not a shoutcast question.

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2005, 18:05   #3
thafreak

hmmm

Quote:
Originally posted by spaceplay
1- no , everytime you switch and there is no connection between dsp and dnas you get disconneted.

2- that is more an issue for www.spacialaudio.com
Sam has it's own forums and this is a Sam question not a shoutcast question.

hey there and thnx for your fast replie...!!

1.) hmm but if u look here: http://www.shoutcast.com/directory/?...+Bass&x=16&y=4
the top 10 dnb stations never get removed form there allthough they have about 5 switches per day (5 live shows from different sources)... so i mean why they dont get removed from website too ?

so i thought maybe if the break is short then u never get removed from the page and if the break takes to long then u get removed.... could that be true ? or is there any other way

2.) no i think u missunderstood me.. sorry im not the best in explaining with english.. i talked about winamp live streaming with dsp plugin... when u installed the dsp then in the winamp folder u have a ini file where u can describe stream title, icq, irc AND the genres in 3 rows...

that i ment... is there are way to block those genres from the multiple sources and just make 1 MAIN GNERE which never get changed ... never also when a dj connects which has diffrent genres in his ini file... sumthing like ignore genres for sources, only use 1 MAIN genre and this never change..

thx again for any help !!
Old 22nd August 2005, 18:11   #4
NJK
The Frisian

1 set the reconnect time to 1 sec.

2 I think you need to agree on this with the dj's that all have the same filled in there.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 22nd August 2005, 20:48   #5
thafreak

Quote:
Originally posted by spaceplay
1 set the reconnect time to 1 sec.

2 I think you need to agree on this with the dj's that all have the same filled in there.

ok thnx alot !! .. i understand now...
but a 3rd question comes up now.. hehe sorry

3.) WHen i have a MAIN source running on my server which is there 24/7 to play palylist mode... so now imagine a dj has a sheduld live show and want to connect... HE CANT .. cauze when there is 1 source allready connected to the server all others cant connect and get an error...

only if i kick the source via admin panel before and then connect it works...

can we do this betetr / easier ? i mean so that when a live broadcast is going on the source gets auto-kicked and after the dj is finsihed the source reconnects again (becasue of auto reconnect = 1 sec) ...

so like priority lpevel...

source plays generally but djs can connect and automatically kick the source when connect (no extra admin panel via web).. BUT the source now cannot kick the djs and have to wait till the dj disconnects.. then the source can auto-reconnect...

i hope u udnerstood what i mean

Old 22nd August 2005, 21:00   #6
NJK
The Frisian

as soon as the dj disconnects his dsp plug , your dsp should automaticly reconnect.

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
Old 22nd August 2005, 21:54   #7
thafreak

yes this works good BUT how does a dj gets the source from disconnecting so that he can connect ?! is it possible without the web-admin interface (kick feature).. ?
Old 23rd August 2005, 00:08   #8
djmastermind
Forum King

Hey, thafreak.

There are a few codes strewn around the forums for remote kicking.

See this one for example. Searching the forums yourself may produce more useful results.

-- Michael
djmastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2005, 02:18   #9
thafreak

Quote:
Originally posted by djmastermind
Hey, thafreak.

There are a few codes strewn around the forums for remote kicking.

See this one for example. Searching the forums yourself may produce more useful results.

thx .. !! i like the php script.. good to implent!!
thx again... also to you spaceplay !!

cya

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support