Old 9th July 2006, 11:31   #121
SLoB
Major Dude

doesnt it come with a readme file in the first zip saying this?
mind you if it did would any fecker bother to read it? lol
SLoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 18:06   #122
hfelsh

I'm tryign to get the laest MMD3, but eery time I go to the link it says

Sorry, this GeoCities site is currently unavailable.

hfelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2006, 19:11   #123
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Works fine here, try to clear your browser cache.
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 17:27   #124
amano
Major Dude

Hmm. Does anyone suffer from this problem?: I can't get the Playlist to show up. Nothing helps. Neither alt-clicking and moving the main window, nor Alt-E, nothing.

(latest Winamp 5.25 beta, build 528 and MMD3-4-5 v.1.2)

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 19:32   #125
JonnyMac

Yeah, same here.

Try this, set to horizontal WindowShade mode > right click on the dropdown playlist button > then try opening the "regular" playlist

Also, the horizontal WindowShade had a tendency to fold, even though the Hide (fake docking) button is not pressed. Does anyone else suffer from that?

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 21:49   #126
OdessaCubbage

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyMac
the horizontal WindowShade had a tendency to fold, even though the Hide (fake docking) button is not pressed. Does anyone else suffer from that?
Yes, I'm getting the exact same bug, it's quite annoying.
Old 16th August 2006, 22:52   #127
amano
Major Dude

Yeah. Thanks JonnyMac. I got it to appear somehow by heavily right and left clicking on this button

The other problem happens to me as well, but it wasn't MY problem then. A player without playlist is a little hard to handle.

eeeee eeeeeee eeeee eeeee eeeee
8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 8 88
8eee8 8e 8 8 8eee8 8e 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8 8
88 8 88 8 8 88 8 88 8 8eee8
amano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 04:31   #128
BugMaster

Hello All! I don't understand for what this updated MMD3 skin needed. I really like original MMD3 v2.2. Than I see JonnyMac post about updated MMD3 skin and I try MMD3-4-5 v1.2 but this skin is more buggy than original. Do you need buttons in dropdown playlist with horizontal WindowShade mode??? As for me: NO!

P.S. I never see "green object" issue with original skin. Original MMD3 skin is BEST!

PP.S. I hope you won't be offended.
BugMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2006, 11:46   #129
OdessaCubbage

Quote:
Originally posted by BugMaster
Hello All! I don't understand for what this updated MMD3 skin needed. I really like original MMD3 v2.2. Than I see JonnyMac post about updated MMD3 skin and I try MMD3-4-5 v1.2 but this skin is more buggy than original. Do you need buttons in dropdown playlist with horizontal WindowShade mode??? As for me: NO!

P.S. I never see "green object" issue with original skin. Original MMD3 skin is BEST!

PP.S. I hope you won't be offended.
Actually, this version does have numerous improvments over the original, the drop down playlist(in winshade mode) is so much more functional, queing tracks etc. The only problem now is that the auto hide is buggy as hell and it keeps folding up all the time when you don't want it to.

Once this is fixed this version will be great.

Keep up the good work!!
Old 17th August 2006, 14:07   #130
JonnyMac

The original MMD3 skin was written for Winamp3 and is quite buggy with Winamp 5, prompting numerous posts in Tech Support. Issues with the MMD3 skin are sporadic, but definite.

For a long time I was able to use the original MMD3 skin with WA 5, then almost out of nowhere a number of different issues started to occur with it. MMD3-4-5 runs a lot more stable than the original, however it is still a work in progress.
Old 8th September 2006, 18:14   #131
Burnett

Arrow

Hi eye_onus,

I always wonder why the current track should be invisible (due to the highlightning) in the playlist-window!?

Yours Burnett
Burnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2006, 18:16   #132
pandaking

Hey

I had a problem with green images on the original MMD3 skin and someone directed me to this thread.

I have installed your version and same problem:

I <3 siebe83 - THE forum king.
DJ -> Makes panda horny...
pandaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 15:05   #133
urgixgax

Howdy!

Sorry for bad english, i'm a german boy.
I have the same problem, with the green images.

My solution for this problem. I deinstalled Winamp completly, delete the setupfolder, install the latest beta (Winamp 5.25 Beta Build 868) install Skin MMD3. Now i see no the green image. Now i overinstall winamp 5.3 and i see no the green images.
If i install first winamp 5.3 without Winamp 5.25 Beta Build 868 before, i see the green images.

I dont understand it, but it works, without green images.

MfG, Urgixgax.
urgixgax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 18:07   #134
pandaking

I think that will be because the missing file posted above will then be on your system.

Old 3rd October 2006, 18:53   #135
urgixgax

Sorry i dont understand all replys on this thread. What is the the missing file what is maybe on my system?
Old 3rd October 2006, 20:17   #136
pandaking

Oh sorry, I was talking about another thread.

This is the thread where they solved my problem:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....16#post2037816

This is the file missing from the new version of winamp: the zip

It needs to be extracted into: "program files/winamp/system"

Old 3rd October 2006, 20:42   #137
urgixgax

Oh yes i see the file "filereader.w5s" is in my folder:
"C:\Programme\Winamp\System".
In installation Winamp 5.3, without install before Winamp 5.25 Beta Build 868 the file "filereader.w5s" not exist?
Old 3rd October 2006, 21:00   #138
DrO

that's correct

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2006, 21:19   #139
urgixgax

... and i have test it ... without the file "filereader.w5s" i see the green images ... thanks
Old 5th October 2006, 14:39   #140
Aboubacar

Quote:
Originally posted by pandaking
Oh sorry, I was talking about another thread.

This is the thread where they solved my problem:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....16#post2037816

This is the file missing from the new version of winamp: the zip

It needs to be extracted into: "program files/winamp/system"
Pandaking,

The link for "the zip" has the URL "attachment.php" in my browser. Can't get it - just loads a blank new window. Any help?

TIA,
Aboubacar
Aboubacar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2006, 16:01   #141
JonnyMac

What are you using for a browser? AFAIK, that was an issue in some earlier versions of Netscape.

Anyways try this, right click on the download ("the zip") and select Save 'Link/Target As...'
Then save it to a folder where you can unzip it.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
Old 11th December 2006, 19:53   #142
DreamWalker

anyway to disable the autohide feature when it's docked?
DreamWalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 22:24   #143
mic1986

huh, i'm fresh :P but I read all the posts and I still didnt know how to play one track-repeat ?

anybody can help me ?

cheeers!
GJ!
mic1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 16:12   #144
NickMikh

Send a message via ICQ to NickMikh Send a message via Yahoo to NickMikh
I'm not sure, but there seems to be no easy way to make such a thing, but one, though in this case you will be able to play "repeat all" through menu only.

Open MMD3.wal with any arhiver, find xml/player-normal.xml file there, open it using any text editor and change
code:
line 463
<!-- RepeatButton -->
<togglebutton
id="Repeat"
x="15" y="80"
image="player.button.repeat"
downimage="player.button.repeat.down"
activeImage="player.button.repeat"
tooltip="Toggle Repeat"
cfgattrib="{45F3F7C1-A6F3-4EE6-A15E-125E92FC3F8D};Repeat"
cfgval="-1"
/>

NickMikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 12:25   #145
mic1986

NickMikh - ok, i do this and now repeat one song
but - how can I do to make repeat also all the list ? :>

cheers and thanks!
Old 12th July 2007, 17:04   #146
NickMikh

Send a message via ICQ to NickMikh Send a message via Yahoo to NickMikh
I don't know of the way to make it using the button, but you can always do that by pressing "RightClick=>Options=>Repeat" (2 times if track repeat is on) or using "R" key (2 times if track repeat is on).
NickMikh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2007, 22:41   #147
mic1986

NickMikh

thank you for help me
Old 21st July 2007, 12:25   #148
eye_onus

Sorry I've been gone so long....

Out of the blue, I decided to look at this thread again, mostly out of nostalgia. Imagine my surprise when I see just how active this thing's been in my absence!

So, looks like I have some work to do....

Quote:
amano
Hmm. Does anyone suffer from this problem?: I can't get the Playlist to show up. Nothing helps. Neither alt-clicking and moving the main window, nor Alt-E, nothing.

Seeing as Winamp has gone past that version, I don't know if that's still a problem- I do know I don't have it. Then again, it might also be due to you using it in hor. winshade- IIRC, I made it so that you could only use the PL drawer when in that mode- usually. That's done by pushing the button with the 3 lines next to the title display.

Quote:
JonnyMac
...[T]he horizontal WindowShade had a tendency to fold, even though the Hide (fake docking) button is not pressed. Does anyone else suffer from that?
This is probably caused by the autohide code being active- check the button on the left- looks like an up arrow with a line over it. If that's black, auto-hide is on. Right-click it and select "Auto-hide off" to disable it.

Quote:
BugMaster
....PP.S. I hope you won't be offended.
I'm not. You're entitled to your opinion. All that matters to me is that you have a skin you enjoy and find useful.

Quote:
Burnett
I always wonder why the current track should be invisible (due to the highlightning) in the playlist-window!?
That's a problem with the font color of the currently playing track being the same as the bar color. I never did figure out how to fix that- it's a bug from the original skin. It bugs me a bit, too, but I gave up trying to find the source of the problem.

Quote:
DreamWalker anyway to disable the autohide feature when it's docked?
Right-click the big black button and select "Auto-hide off". The button will turn gray. Left- clicking the same button will manually hide the winshade.
-------------------
Okay, I think that's everyone. Now, I have noticed that my autohide code is a bit buggy- though still much less so than the first version of the code. Through a bit of testing, I found that autchide works perfectly IFF:

1) You move the mouse out of the winshade slowly enough that Winamp triggers the code (- the trigger, BTW, is entering the black border of the shade- it calls up my code, which does the exact oppsite of what it did the last time it was called- i.e. if it hid last call, it unhides this call.) In other words, make sure the mouse touches the border and it will work.

2) You do NOT enter\ leave the shade anywhere to the right of the area where the PL drawer drops, including the aforementioned area. (It does sometimes work in this area, but not 100%.)

Neither of these problems existed at the time I wrote the code- I think it might have something to do with the current Winamp version- I'll be looking into it and seeing if I can fix it. If so, I'll post back here and update the download.

Oh, before I forget- mic1986: To switch between repeat one/all, turn repeat on (push the button), then go into Preferences (<Ctrl>+<P>) and in the Playlist options, (un)check the box that says "Manual Playlist Advance"- checked for play one, unchecked for play all.

I still really want to make that 4-state repeat button, dang it! Does anyone know if Winamp has made it possible to code a "Manul Playlist Advance" button? That's all I need to do it....

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

.i.a'o.e'e ko klama le bende pe denpa bu
eye_onus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2007, 12:34   #149
eye_onus

Ohh! I think I've figured it out! The border is divided into sections- due to me adding stretching to the skin. I /think/ that the bug is caused by entering in one part and leaving in another.... I'm not sure if I can fix that....

And why is it so slow? ARGGGG!

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 21st July 2007, 14:34   #150
JonnyMac

Thanks for the reply. I will look at that when I get home form work.

On a side note, Welcome Back

Read the Stickies
Old 22nd July 2007, 05:15   #151
eye_onus

Not a problem.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 3rd October 2007, 09:40   #152
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by amano

Same here, using a beta of Winamp 5.5. Is there a way of seeing the playlist editor if you're not in Windowshade mode?
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 02:26   #153
eye_onus

In the regular mode, there should be a button that says "PL" on it. Press that. If it doesn't work, switch to windowshade mode, open the shade playlist, close it, then switch back- sometimes the normal playlist doesn't show up at all unless the shade PL has been opened at least once.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 5th October 2007, 11:57   #154
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

Quote:
Originally posted by eye_onus
In the regular mode, there should be a button that says "PL" on it. Press that. If it doesn't work, switch to windowshade mode, open the shade playlist, close it, then switch back- sometimes the normal playlist doesn't show up at all unless the shade PL has been opened at least once.
I assume that by PL button, you are referring to this =>

If that's the case, then clicking on it doesn't work. I can see the dropdown playlist if I click on the three-bar button in Windowshade mode, but there's no way I can see the Playlist Editor when I go back into normal mode.
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2007, 09:39   #155
eye_onus

I don't know then. I'll have to look at it myself, and unfortunately that'll be awhile- I have limited computer access, as my computer broke and I have to fix it before I can look at it.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 28th October 2007, 22:53   #156
pnett

Hey,

On windows vista, I don't know why, it seems that the video window doesn't work correctly with MMD3-4-5. I'm on winamp 5.5 clean install.

I can open a video ONCE, and the video window shows up.

However, after this, if I open another video, it disappears and no matter what it won't reappear until I close and reopen winamp.

It works fine with winamp modern. Well fine is relative, it runs like crap on vista, but still the window stays open.

Also, how come its automatically in autohide mode when I make MMD3 into the top bar mode? I can't seem to turn that off either. Its very unintuative, I right click the little arrow going up on the left and it gives me the menu to turn it on or off, I click Auto-Hide off and it opens the normal right click menu for winamp, and it still auto-hides.
pnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 02:39   #157
Enismirdal

I've had the same problem as I've seen posted several times, namely that in 5.5, the video window will only open once, even though the skin seems to think it's still open (right clicking shows the video window to still be "open").
I also agree with earlier posts in that it would be very nice to have a three-state toggle button for repeat...I unfortunately know nothing about coding myself, and I'm reasonably sure this was already noticed, but there is a thread that is titled "How to create a <NStatesButton> like the one from the Modern skin?" which appears to be exactly what's needed for that button. I could be entirely wrong, but I figured I might as well mention it.
Great work on 3-for-5, by the way, I use it instead of the original, now, and I hope the video window bug can be fixed. That tri-state repeat button would be darn nice too, but that's not a big issue, I'm used to checking that Manual Playlist Advance checkbox by now.
Enismirdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2007, 16:18   #158
eye_onus

I haven't noticed the video window bug, honestly. I'll look into it.

And as far as the autohide problem, I don't know. I haven't worked on the code since WinAMP 5.2, and it worked flawlessly then. These bugs are all due to changes in WinAMP since then- which pisses me off.

I've kinda given up on the whole thing, honestly. I love this skin, I always use it, but I'm tired of fixing it.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 24th November 2007, 10:32   #159
eye_onus

Okay, the bug for the video window is repeatable- I have it too. Don't know if it's because of WinAMP or Vista, but I do know that reloading the skin (by pressing F5) shows the video window again. Annoying, but until I find out what;s causing it- assuming I even get around to looking- that's the best you'll get. Sorry.

And as far as the multiple state repea goes- until WinAMP makes it possible for me to do what I WANT to do with the repeat button- which I've stated multiple times earlier in this thread- I ain't doin' it. I am hereby officially declaring a boycott on the NStatesButton for any and all skins I code for- so if you want it, you'll have to edit the code yourself.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Old 24th November 2007, 10:51   #160
eye_onus

I don't know what's up with the auto-hide bug- it's got to be something to do with the right-click menu code not working anymore. I don't know what version of WinAMP started that, but as far as it's concerned, I've two options- scrap the code altogether and use the WinAMP hiding- which didn't work well for drawers then, hence the code in the first place, and I doubt works for drawers now- or find out how the MAKI code for right click menus works now.

This is such a pain- now I know why Sven quit working on MMD3.

mu'o mi'e .aionys.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins