Old 11th July 2005, 17:36   #121
McCooper

rate items nightmare

Hey guy's

I've read through this whole thread but to no avail.

Has anyone come up with a way of getting winamp to remember ratings as of yet? ID3 or meta tags or whatever?

Basically I was staring to get to a point where I had almost completed rating my ENTIRE collection 10G plus when during some routine re-arrangement I lost them ALL (I moved over from Musicmatch JB recently, where you don't lose the rating). Not only was this frustrating enough, but after reaching the same point a few months later the same thing happened with a re-installation... AARRGGH..... the pain... anyway.... I think I'm going to give it a miss now unless I find some way of getting them to stick.

Thanks for any help you can offer.
McCooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 19:16   #122
siebe83
Forum King

Have a look at this thread:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=182413

Basically, you can just copy the Winamp\plugins\ml folder to create a backup once in a while (or use the ML Import/Export plugin), or you can store the ratings in either the Comment tag or in its own tag using ml_id3rate.

Advantage of backing up ml folder or ML Import/Export plugin: files are not touched
Advantage of using tags: you can move files without losing ratings

Good Winamp plugins by Joonas, DrO and shaneh.
If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2005, 22:15   #123
saivert
Banned

If those lazy bastards over at Nullsoft can modify their Winamp to store ratings in the appropriate metadata tag in addition to caching it in the library it would be just fine. I sincerely hope someone can talk AOL into giving Nullsoft some more space.
saivert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2005, 16:17   #124
_burnthewitch

can't modify playcount .... why?
_burnthewitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2007, 02:47   #125
russellauld

Playlist count set has gone wonky.

I've been using playlist count set for a while now on an older version of Winamp, but after upgrading to 5.33 it has started to act up.

It will still set the play count for a whole album, but when I try to set an individual song's count it does nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?
russellauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2007, 11:03   #126
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
Yes, time to start using a playcount modifying script for the much more flexible ActiveWinamp instead. This is the bare-bones script I use, goes in the ActiveWA scripts folder:

code:

x = playlist.getselection()
dim s

if ubound(x,1) > 0 then
for each track in x
s = inputbox(track.title & vbcrlf & "Currently: " & cstr(track.playcount),cstr(track.playcount))
if s = "" then r = track.playcount else r = cint(s)
track.playcount = r
next
end if

quit

It'll ask you for the desired playcount on every highlighted song, that's the way I like it; to change that, just hoist the inputbox line above the for, and it'll only ask you once and apply it to everything.

The filename, this is important, is "sendto_Set Playcount.vbs", you can also name it "playlist_Set Playcount.vbs" to have it show in the Scripts submenu instead of the SendTo.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 04:48   #127
russellauld

Thanks for the solution, foxyshadis, but I just upgraded to 5.34 and the problem seems to have reesolved. I'll keep ahold of your script just in case though.
russellauld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2009, 18:38   #128
michaelmorris

ml_plcount doesnt work

Whenever I try to use the ml_plcount plugin, it crashes winamp as soon as I try to set the count.

Winamp version: 5.552

I had this problem when using 5.4xx as well.

Any ideas / fixes???
michaelmorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 18:55   #129
pandaking

Yea michaelmorris, neither the ml_plcount.dll plugin or the script for ActiveWinamp works for me.
I think we either need a fix or a new solution...

I <3 siebe83 - THE forum king.
DJ -> Makes panda horny...
pandaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 08:33   #130
Ufomammut

I have the same problem as MichaelMorris and I use Windows 7.
Really pisses me off playing every of my 40000 already played songs for some milliseconds again.
Ufomammut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2009, 10:02   #131
DrO

there were options added to 5.5x builds of Winamp (on the history page) which allows you to natively control how the playcount is triggered in Winamp without having to use a broken plugin. the only downside is that you can't edit the count with the native implementation.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2010, 20:43   #132
stopasking
Banned

Bump for any working solution, because i want to change playcount manually.
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2010, 06:18   #133
ninereeds

sort of answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopasking View Post
Bump for any working solution, because i want to change playcount manually.
I have a sort of working solution

Firstly, I am using win7 ulimate 64 bit. My user is an admininstrator. I have UAC at normal. I am running Winamp 5.59beta. I have only the Winamp Essentials plugin pack loaded, and ActiveWinamp. Therefore YMMV

I couldn't get Shane's playcount modifier plugin (ml_plcount.dll) to work at all - or any of his "Sexy Plugins"; they don't even show up in the list of plugins.

However, using ActiveWinamp I can increment playcounts. Maybe with a bit more programming I can get a dialog box and be able to do editing..... time will tell.

I am assuming you can get ActiveWinamp installed/running - it is messy, let me know if you want detailed instrauctions.

I am using the following script:

code:
x = playlist.getselection()
if ubound(x,1) > 0 then
for each track in x
track.playcount = track.playcount+1
next
end if

which I have named 'playlist_Increment Playcount.vbs' and it lives where the rest of the scripts live (either %ProgramFiles%\Winamp\Plugins\Scripts or %APPDATA%\Winamp\Plugins\Scripts ).

This (frustratingly) only works on items in a playlist, NOT in the media library.

But, select one or more items in the playlist, rightclick, select Scripts and then the appropriate script (Increae Playcount), and the playcount will be incremented.

Frustrating, but it's a start.
ninereeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 08:22   #134
stopasking
Banned

Active Winamp doesn't work with last Winamp version.
stopasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 09:11   #135
ninereeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopasking View Post
Active Winamp doesn't work with last Winamp version.
5.58, or earlier like 4.x?

Any reason why? I'm surprised given it was written so long ago that it works in current versions.
Old 7th November 2010, 09:31   #136
EWeiss

then not..

Last edited by EWeiss; 7th November 2010 at 12:03.
EWeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2010, 11:00   #137
DrO

@EWeiss: this thread is more for shaneh's plug-ins than posting youtube videos of visualisation plug-ins.

@ninereeds: different people have had different success with the activewinamp plug-in on newer Winamp and Windows versions. there is a newer patched version in the proper activewinamp thread which seems to resolve some of the issues but probably not all since no one is actively developing the plug-in now (or has the time to step in and do a proper update on it to make it compatible with newer clients, etc). the source code is however available and if you read the other thread there's posts for what needs to be changed in the code so there's nothing stopping you making a build with the fixes (if you can code).

-daz
Old 7th November 2010, 11:07   #138
ninereeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
@EWeiss: this thread is more for shaneh's plug-ins than posting youtube videos of visualisation plug-ins.
Exactly.

Quote:
@ninereeds: different people have had different success with the activewinamp plug-in on newer Winamp and Windows versions. there is a newer patched version in the proper activewinamp thread which seems to resolve some of the issues but probably not all since no one is actively developing the plug-in now (or has the time to step in and do a proper update on it to make it compatible with newer clients, etc). the source code is however available and if you read the other thread there's posts for what needs to be changed in the code so there's nothing stopping you making a build with the fixes (if you can code).

-daz
I can well imagine! I don't code well or often enough to go down that road. Thanks for the explanation.
Old 25th December 2010, 10:03   #139
spoonschbob

Is there a newer version (or other plugin) of ml_plcount which works with the newest winamp version? Since 5.6 the context menu point to change the play count is gone...
spoonschbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 15:26   #140
DrO

spoonschbob: it depends on what aspect of ml_plcount you're wanting as most of the functionality was added natively into Winamp a few versions back now - is only the editing of the playcount which is not available (unless you export the ml database, edit the output and then re-import it i think).

-daz
Old 29th December 2010, 16:32   #141
spoonschbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
spoonschbob: it depends on what aspect of ml_plcount you're wanting ... only the editing of the playcount which is not available (unless you export the ml database, edit the output and then re-import it i think).
Did the plugin anything elese? And yes, only the editing is what I need...and export/import is too inconvenient
Old 18th January 2011, 20:30   #142
Elisa_Day

Hey there,

Any news about making playcount-set compatible with Winamp 5.6? I NEED it because I make my own "charts" every week (songs not played for three weeks = -10 playcount, not played for two weeks = -5, not played for one week = -1)
I'd donate if anyone was able to update playcount-set for 5.6!

THX!
Elisa_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2011, 22:47   #143
osmosis
Major Dude

Just wanted to mention that I believe it would be possible to code a Playcount Set ActiveWinamp script with dialog asking count number, etc. AND Media Library functionality, using the sendto menu.
osmosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th January 2011, 16:54   #144
spoonschbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by osmosis View Post
Just wanted to mention that I believe it would be possible to code a Playcount Set ActiveWinamp script with dialog asking count number, etc. AND Media Library functionality, using the sendto menu.
What's the difference to the playcount plugin we're talking about here?
Old 21st January 2011, 15:06   #145
osmosis
Major Dude

I assume the important difference would be that it works since you and Elise said the plugin was broken.
Old 27th January 2011, 16:06   #146
osmosis
Major Dude

Also I just noticed there is already a working copy of the script I had in mind above you in the thread.. http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....45#post2167845
Old 28th January 2011, 23:56   #147
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
winamp now natively will write ratings to a tag, (awesome) but it will not write the playcount to the POPM or PCNT tag yet. its only in the winamp DB, and only then till it gets whacked.

i don't know if the plugins in this thread work or not, but i think the best answer would be for winamp to officially support POPM or PCNT.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2011, 00:26   #148
DrO

the playcount plug-in in here only ever intercepted Winamp's tracking of the playcount being stored in the db with the means to natively control that added as an option a few Winamp versions back. the only thing not offered which the plug-in did is in the editing of the playcount value in the db.

-daz
Old 12th February 2011, 12:52   #149
Morgorth

hi

DrO, I can't find the native control you are talking about.
I still can't find a way to edit playcount...
Morgorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2011, 13:04   #150
DrO

there isn't a way to edit the playcount, i was referring to the options the play count plug-in had to control _when_ the playcount was altered.

-daz
Old 12th February 2011, 16:31   #151
osmosis
Major Dude

Turns out that older script I linked to was extremely broken. I tried to fix it but have run into some snags as well.. here's what I have so far:

sendto_Set Playcount.vbs
code:
x = GetSendToItems

if ubound(x,1) > 0 then
for each track in x
s = inputbox(track.title+vbCrLf+vbCrLf+"Currently: "+cStr(track.playcount),"Set Playcount",cStr(track.playcount))
if s <> empty then track.playcount = cInt(s)
next
end if

quit

It will run from the ML via SendTo, but not from the PL for some reason.. and for some reason the ML SendTo seems to trigger things twice, regardless of what is actually in the script.. SO this works but it is still broken as you'll see every dialog box twice.. Anyone got any ideas?

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Old 16th February 2011, 08:54   #152
Elisa_Day

What I did - installed Winamp 5.5 on a USB-stick (portable installation) and do my weekly update on the playcount there - importing and exporting my index.dat etc.
Elisa_Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2011, 15:18   #153
osmosis
Major Dude

Wow. sounds complicated. My script works, but I think there's just a bug with ActiveWinamp that makes all ML SendTo items get sent twice.. so double dialog boxes.

Request: A little SmartView Query Language love.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development