Old 12th November 2002, 21:26   #41
J. Burnaway
Forum King

Send a message via Yahoo to J. Burnaway
I read some "journal" type thing by Marilyn Manson a while back. He's pretty impressed by how freaking smart he is. I, on the other hand...
J. Burnaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2002, 00:24   #42
Some1
Forum King

Quote:
Disagreeing with someone's personal politics and views on life is the stupidest reason not to listen to their music...
No, it's the best reason EVER, because they're (most likely) going to use their music to express their personal views, and if you disagree with the message behind the music, then why even bother listening, except possibly for the purpose of providing ambient noise (which is pretty pointless...if I want ambient noise to drown out my thoughts, I'll just turn on the TV)? Besides, if thinking he's a moron isn't enough justification for me to shun Moby, his affect on Gwen Stefani, and by association on No Doubt, is more than sufficient...their old music was all at least halfway decent, but their current stuff is utter crap, largely because of the corruptive influence of Moby and his blatant materialism (which he tries to hide behind a flimsy veil of political activism) has had on Stefani. Because of him there's now one less band worth listening too, and that alone is cause enough to call for his death...nobody should be allowed to ruin music the way he has.
Some1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2002, 00:32   #43
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

Did you just say that No Doubt was good and that Moby was a shallow materialist? Have I entered Bizarro World?
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2002, 02:35   #44
rm'
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Some1
No, it's the best reason EVER, because they're (most likely) going to use their music to express their personal views, and if you disagree with the message behind the music, then why even bother listening, except possibly for the purpose of providing ambient noise (which is pretty pointless...
If I wanted to hear messages, I'd check my machine. Or take a hit of acid.
rm' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2002, 12:41   #45
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by lemon_chicken
nothing against marilyn manson, just some of the people that like him?
eew, some chick i used to be good friends with went gothic and tried to take me along, i still am glad everytime i see one of them that i left her to slitting wrists and being sad fo the fuck of it. not my cup of tea thats for sure.
[yeah im sure not all gothics are this dumb or follow this blidly or whatever, just the ones i know of]
this is true. people get too into the "image" of depression. i mean, if you're gonna be depressed, at least do it for a reason. i listen to marilyn manson (i have one of his older albums, at least), but i don't dress in black, don't slit my wrists, none of these things. and marilyn manson doesn't either.

these people aren't trying to live up to him, or anything like that. they're trying to fit in... marilyn manson's music, the uniformly black clothes, demonstratably slit arms, the chains, the faux depression - they're all trying to be part of a social demographic, a social demographic that ironically calls itself "individual".

and i won't be part of that.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2002, 13:02   #46
Some1
Forum King

Quote:
these people aren't trying to live up to him, or anything like that. they're trying to fit in ... marilyn manson's music, the uniformly black clothes, demonstratably slit arms, the chains, the faux depression - they're all trying to be part of a social demographic, a social demographic that ironically calls itself "individual".
How true...but you have to admit, gothic chicks are fucking hot, whether they're faking it or not.
Old 23rd November 2002, 13:03   #47
zootm
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Some1
How true...but you have to admit, gothic chicks are fucking hot, whether they're faking it or not.
1/10 are. the rest are fat, ugly and/or horribly scarred.

Old 23rd November 2002, 13:37   #48
Some1
Forum King

Wow, you must be living in the wrong place then...although there are relatively few gothic chicks out here in Hawaii, almost every single one that we have is sexy (no fat/ugly ones whatsoever), although a disproportionally large portion of the population (not just goths) seems to have these large grotesque scars/birthmarks (they look like the sort of scarring you'd expect from a severe burn, but they're not)...I should ask somebody about how they got the thing, but it seems like that would be inappropriate.
Old 23rd November 2002, 13:54   #49
zootm
Forum King

hehe, yeah well i'll just leave this one hanging right here in that case...

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions