Old 3rd March 2003, 00:04   #1
CalSurferPunk

Send a message via AIM to CalSurferPunk
Question Equalizer being cut off??

I've been working on this maki script to make a sliding equalizer that comes out from behind the main player, but it keeps getting cut off. Once it reaches about 20 pixels past the width of the big graphic file, the equalizer just turns black from that point on . I can see some of the layer, but the rest is solid black. I've tried deleting the studio.xnf file, changing the width of the main container, and making the sliding layer sysregion="1", but it still cuts off. Does anyone have a suggestion how I could make it all show up? I know it's not the maki script because it works fine with no errors. I'm really lost and can't figure out why it's doing this, lol. Any help would be VERY greatly appreciated.

-James Nikolai
(calsurferpunk@aol.com)
CalSurferPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2003, 02:09   #2
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Sounds like you tried all the first tier solutions. Are you running an OS that doesn't support Desktop Alpha? I'm guessing you are, and that your EQ drawer images are partially tranparent?
If that's not the case, could you post a screenshot of the problem or perhaps the skin itself?
~FrisbeeMonkey
frisbeemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2003, 03:43   #3
Roberto Cuellar

i had that black stuff once and that was because the drawer background was out of the group bound like if your drawer background is 100x100 and the group w=100 and h=100 the moment the background slides it gets out of thew group and that black spot appears because of sysregion="1".
Roberto Cuellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2003, 08:12   #4
CalSurferPunk

Post Here's what it looks like

Here's a pic of what it looks like. Thanks for taking a look . Hope this makes it more clear what the problem is.....I had also tried putting a big temporary background behind it (a big square) that was plenty big to give it enough space, and it still showed black.

(The width of the container is plenty long to give it enough space, but it still does this. That ugly button over the window is just to test it by the way )

-James
Attached Images
File Type: jpg problem.jpg (14.9 KB, 157 views)
Old 3rd March 2003, 11:43   #5
matt_69
Sunshine
(Major Dude)

that usually happends cause ur h="" and w="" for ur background is too small. check ur drawer and the image sizes and make sure they are the same in ur xml. btw is that full size?

m*69

matt_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2003, 19:03   #6
Roberto Cuellar

i wasn't talking about the width of the container i was talking about the width of the drawer group you know..
<groupdef id="drawer" w="xxx" h="xxx"/>, i could be more helpfull if you post the xml.
Roberto Cuellar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2003, 23:37   #7
CalSurferPunk

Talking FIXED IT!! HOORAY!! LOL

Thanks everyone. Found out that the problem was a width and height issue like I thought it probably was. I wasn't aware that groupdef could have a w="xx" and h="xx". I'd never had to use it before, but now I know so thanks for all the help.

By the way, that was the actual size of the player. I'm going to enlarge the eq slider buttons since they're a bit too small but I like keeping my skins compact. Hope you guys like it when I'm done

-James
Old 4th March 2003, 01:32   #8
Emmett

I had the black background once, it was because the shadow was on the same image as my eq background and without desktopalpha it just turned to black. As for it getting cut off, the image of the player should be bigger I think.
Emmett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2003, 02:25   #9
dodger758

Send a message via AIM to dodger758
i have another problem, and this was a good place to post it i figured. my main window is getting cut off, i checked the images, i'm not too stupid, and the skin is not cut off on my bg image. it's not black or anything, just transparent, nothins there. it's also doing that on the bottom of the skin, so the drawer dissapears when activated (even though in the .png file i have enough extra transparent space for the drawer to roll out). hope someone could help, thanks alot, peace
dodger758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2003, 21:16   #10
dodger758

Send a message via AIM to dodger758
anyone out there? i don't wanna post that question above in more than one thread haha. pleae help, thanks.
dodger758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins