Old 31st December 2008, 06:26   #1
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Wow.

So it's been awhile.

Do you know me? Perhaps you do, perhaps you don't, perhaps you think you saw me in a dream it doesn't matter.

Because I am pretty fucking buzzed. Drunk, really. No question at this point. The screen swims and I am about to smoke a cigarette I bummed from someone although I haven't really had a smoke since September or so. Where will I ash? Oh my god, do I even have a fucking lighter?

I think my roomate is having sex in the next room, it's hard to tell with earphones in but in between Summer Romance by Incubus and Cisco Kid by War it's fully possible to hear them giggling away like new kids who have found a neato-keen new toy. Like a penis. Or a vagina. I can't think of better toys at the moment, tob e honest.

I remember this place. I remember having some real routs and arguments here, trying to keep this place up to a bar I had decided it should live up to. Funny how things change. You grow up a little, I think, the bullshit on a forum don't really matter anymore, the community fades away like landmarks in a fog.

Did I have a point here? Was there something I wanted to to say? Somewhere, I suppose, there was a point where I wanted to see if the old vibe was still here, but as soon as I got here I read four topics and remembered how they all repeat themselves. There's only so much you can talk about with people online.

It's different while sitting over a pint at a pub or around a fire at your home. COnversation goes every which way. But somehow on forums it just kind of repeats over and over and over again like hands on a clok. Has anyone done a "What are you READING?" thread lately, or have we all forgotten about how we're pretending to be intellectuals while letting poor saps like Shakespeare, Steinbeck and McCarthy roll over in their graves as their themes and stories are harvested like corn for new, vapid films that suck the souls from their real creditors?

Hell, I'm sorry about that. I can't be held responsible for that paragrapj. I don't even think it made any real sense, except for me being a total hypocrite: I love movies. Especially movies that are obviously "tributing/referencing" (read: ripping off) books I love.

So how is the forum, any way? It's been a real while since I felt like my finger were on the pulse of the place. Hell, I can't even use Winamp anymore, I have a fucking Mac. HAhahahahaha. After all these years, old friend.

By the way, I'll bet old heads like myself still post every now and again with the "Back in my day" posts. That's fine. We've hit the ripwe old ages of 25-35 and beond. Give us our few dignities and liberties. We'll be gone soon enough.

Hey, do I still have that CT?

every time I post here I feel like I'm in a delirium talking to my grandkids.

This cigarette tastes so fucking GOOD.

also: read HOW TO BE IDLE and FREEDOM MANIFESTO by TOM HODGKINSON. He's right 85% of the time, which is more than I can say for myself, or anyone else I've ever met. Including SAWG. who is awesome, by the way.

Go read a book without pictures
pabook? | Look, a blog! | Buy Stuff I Wrote
Fickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 07:25   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

Good to see you drop by this place once in a while. Your writing skills are still second to none, even when under some alcoholic influence.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 09:20   #3
eheiney
und keine Eier!

Send a message via AIM to eheiney
Yeah, I haven't seen you around here in a while. Then again, I haven't posted here in a while either. Nice of you pop in.

Spiral out, my friend. You will find your way back to yourself, we all will.
I'll be waiting, and shall see you on the other side...
eheiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 12:30   #4
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
you're slightly overcritical, but well thought out and expressive effectively, also slightly brash, who gives a fuck?

you still come here?

nice to see you haven't completely brainwashed by the whole I* gayness, if you're at least taking graphic design courses you have an excuse, almost.

not sure it's about being able to talk about only certain things with people on a forum, it's just a lot of the regulars stopped coming by and some of the ones who do rarely ever post (Chev, most noticably, only post i've seen is his supposedly not, but nearly literal yearly post) so the most active topics are the repeatable daily type, the what did you have for dinner one is cool anyway, i've tried a lot of the stuff people posted in that

but yeah, don't be like chev.

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Too-DAMN-Much is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2008, 20:58   #5
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Too-DAMN-Much
[B]you're slightly overcritical, but well thought out and expressive effectively, also slightly brash, who gives a fuck?
Yeah, I think you knew that was coming anyway. After all, have we not met? If I didn't know better, I'd think you were trying to analyze the ramblings of a drunken wordsmith.

Quote:
you still come here?
No. I don't. I just stopped in. That was kind of the point. Why did you ask this question?

Quote:
nice to see you haven't completely brainwashed by the whole I* gayness, if you're at least taking graphic design courses you have an excuse, almost.
How can you have any idea about how "brainwashed" I am by "i* gayness" when all I said was that I bought a mac? Why's it got to be gay? Or is that your way of saying it's shitty? Your adjectives seem a little too 1992/ignorance of youth for me.

Quote:
not sure it's about being able to talk about only certain things with people on a forum, it's just a lot of the regulars stopped coming by and some of the ones who do rarely ever post (Chev, most noticably, only post i've seen is his supposedly not, but nearly literal yearly post) so the most active topics are the repeatable daily type, the what did you have for dinner one is cool anyway, i've tried a lot of the stuff people posted in that
I've read this over and over and I can't be quite sure what it is you're trying to say here. Especially the bit about Chev (he's the man, btw, so you've already lost me on that front as well). It looks like you're saying you've only noticed one of his posts, but I'm pretty sure he's just lurking. He does that.

Also, are you aware that you have no periods in this entire paragraph; that it is, essentially, floating text with commas? Perhaps it'd be more legible if you decided to use things like periods, semicolons, conjunctions and capitalization.

Quote:
but yeah, don't be like chev.
I do my best to be un-awesome, but, like Chev, I have a very difficult time.

I wasn't trying to cut down the forums, by the way, I was merely babbling at people I used to talk to on a daily basis (some of them I still do, over at pabook). Also take into account that I was intoxicated.

Old 31st December 2008, 23:02   #6
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Don't mind TDM; Think too much about his posts and what you type out will no longer become verbose but TL;DR...

I call BS on the intoxication anyway...That is, unless you were drinking something that wasn't high on the proof scale or you didn't drink terribly much of whatever it was...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009, 01:44   #7
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

I think the act of typing served to sober Fickle up, which explains the legibility. I know that's how it works with me.

I don't post here very often at all, but from this thread and Psythik's years-old thread about his then-new car, I'm getting the impression TDM is an idiot.

Jones, why not ban him, just because? It'll be fun!

I would've had the balls to just do it... :P

"My heart hates uggos." –J.D.
iomegajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2009, 15:06   #8
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

go fuck yourselves.

back to the topic, i just meant less of the regulars were showing up for a while so the daily post type of threads were most active because of that.

and yeah, i have bad punctuation when i'm stoned, sue me, was never my strong point in english anyway.

that would have been correcting the teacher's spelling.

Old 1st January 2009, 23:51   #9
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
and yeah, i have bad punctuation when i'm stoned, sue me, was never my strong point in english anyway.
But what it boils down to is that you don't care enough about people understanding you to bother correcting your own writing; you just want to hear yourself talk, if you will. In short, you're antisocial.
baafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 02:30   #10
Sandman2012
<3 foobar2k
(Forum King)

The regulars never post here anymore. Welcome back, Fickle.
Sandman2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2009, 07:31   #11
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by baafie
In short, you're antisocial.
right, odd....

i thought that was obvious?

Old 3rd January 2009, 12:35   #12
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
go fuck yourselves.
Go fuck yourself, you fucking pissant. Who the fuck do you think you are? Fuck you.

Correcting your teacher's spelling, who the fuck gives a fuck? The fact that your teacher was more retarded than your sorry ass doesn't make you some sort of literary genius. Fuck you and your bullshit posturing, son. You suck and I hate you.

Quote:
In short, you're antisocial.
Quote:
right, odd....

i thought that was obvious?
What? Is that a question or a statement? Make up your fucking mind, you god damned illegitemate, illiterate fuckstain.

How's that taste, bitch? You like that? Yeah.

Old 3rd January 2009, 13:24   #13
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
This morning I woke up and decided to make a breakfast of all breakfast's!

First things first, I started mixing one of those cheap instant pancake batters ("Just add water!") I then pull out every damned package of bacon that I can find and start weaving the bacon together. (imagine this but in bacon)

I then put the woven bacon in all its glory into the oven at 400 degree's fahrenheit until evenly cooked but not crispy.

I then start making pancakes, loads and loads of pancakes. Enough pancakes to feed a small family. I must of had stacks of silver dollar pancakes a foot high. About thirteen pancakes in each stack. (Around four stacks or so)

After the bacon in all its amazing holiness is evenly cooked (but not cripsy) I take it out of the oven and put a inch layer of shredded cheese on top of said bacon and then roll the bacon around the cheese, stick a pin in it to keep it from splitting apart and put it back in the oven till crispy.

I then start cutting mango's, peaches, pinapple, and whatever other fruit I can think of put them all in a bowl and top it with whipped cream... As I hear the ding of the timer on the oven I excitedly run to it oven to look over my bacon, I open the oven door keeping my head back enough to not get hit with a wave of overwhelming heat *que hallelujah music* and do my eyes deceive me? No they do not, the beauty which is my bacon is sitting there in my oven cheese perfectly melted, and bacon evenly cripsy but not too crispy. "I have done it again!" I think to my self in self satisfaction, the thought of this almost perfect breakfest makes my balls ever so slightly sweaty with excitement.

Not getting ahead of my self, I then pull out another plate for the holy bacon take out the pin to see to my expectations that the bacon is not holding its self together perfectly, I then cut it in half and spilt the two pieces apart ever so slightly. I then begin to make some toast, and pour my self a cup of coffee (extremely sweet is the way I like it, judge me I don't care it gives me a hard on) and then set my self up on the table with true Canadian maple syrup and more whipped cream, just in case.

I then sit back for a bit and look at my perfect breakfest, upon doing this I become excited for my meal ahead...

I'd tell you about eating it, but its too graphic. Moral of the story is, don't make the perfect meal. You'll regret it.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2009, 18:30   #14
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by iomegajaz
Make up your fucking mind, you god damned illegitemate, illiterate fuckstain.
Illegitimate.
Old 4th January 2009, 00:20   #15
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by iomegajaz
What? Is that a question or a statement? Make up your fucking mind, you god damned illegitemate, illiterate fuckstain.

How's that taste, bitch? You like that? Yeah.
it's called a rhetorical question, those of us with multiple braincells caught that.

honestly, don't give a fuck either way in regards to your flaming, no clue what the fuck your problem is though.

it is kind of getting annoying being flamed for no reason everytime your brain starts spewing smoke though.

Old 4th January 2009, 01:28   #16
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

I think your apparent inability to express your thoughts in a comprehensible manner might have something to do with it. You can look at the last sentence in your post, for example.
Old 4th January 2009, 01:47   #17
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012
The regulars never post here anymore.
The ex-regulars.

You can't simply leave and come back as if nothing happened.

Have fun with that, that other forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by mike-db

First things first, I started mixing one of those cheap instant pancake batters ("Just add water!") I then pull out every damned package of bacon that I can find and start weaving the bacon together. (imagine this but in bacon)

I then put the woven bacon in all its glory into the oven at 400 degree's fahrenheit until evenly cooked but not crispy.

I then start making pancakes, loads and loads of pancakes. Enough pancakes to feed a small family. I must of had stacks of silver dollar pancakes a foot high. About thirteen pancakes in each stack. (Around four stacks or so)

After the bacon in all its amazing holiness is evenly cooked (but not cripsy) I take it out of the oven and put a inch layer of shredded cheese on top of said bacon and then roll the bacon around the cheese, stick a pin in it to keep it from splitting apart and put it back in the oven till crispy.

I then start cutting mango's, peaches, pinapple, and whatever other fruit I can think of put them all in a bowl and top it with whipped cream... As I hear the ding of the timer on the oven I excitedly run to it oven to look over my bacon, I open the oven door keeping my head back enough to not get hit with a wave of overwhelming heat *que hallelujah music* and do my eyes deceive me? No they do not, the beauty which is my bacon is sitting there in my oven cheese perfectly melted, and bacon evenly cripsy but not too crispy. "I have done it again!" I think to my self in self satisfaction, the thought of this almost perfect breakfest makes my balls ever so slightly sweaty with excitement.

Not getting ahead of my self, I then pull out another plate for the holy bacon take out the pin to see to my expectations that the bacon is not holding its self together perfectly, I then cut it in half and spilt the two pieces apart ever so slightly. I then begin to make some toast, and pour my self a cup of coffee (extremely sweet is the way I like it, judge me I don't care it gives me a hard on) and then set my self up on the table with true Canadian maple syrup and more whipped cream, just in case.

I then sit back for a bit and look at my perfect breakfest, upon doing this I become excited for my meal ahead...

I'd tell you about eating it, but its too graphic. Moral of the story is, don't make the perfect meal. You'll regret it.
Was that a subtler version of the Yoshinoya rant?
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 01:53   #18
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
Illegitimate.
Quiet, you.

Quote:
it's called a rhetorical question, those of us with multiple braincells caught that.
No, it's not a rhetorical question you fuck-knuckle. "i thought that was obvious" is a statement and "wasn't that obvious?" is a question, you fucking dipshit. What you posted is just retarded anti-thought which goes some way to explaining why you suck.

Quote:
honestly, don't give a fuck either way in regards to your flaming, no clue what the fuck your problem is though.
Flaming? You think this is flaming? This is nothing - wait 'til I start getting personal.

Quote:
it is kind of getting annoying being flamed for no reason everytime your brain starts spewing smoke though.
Let me paint a picture for you. You're an idiot. You're the problem. If we remove you from the equation, there's no problem. Therefore you should FUCK OFF AND DIE.

If further clarification is required, you let me know.

Old 4th January 2009, 01:55   #19
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

-delete-

(this won't be deleted because the mods are lazy bastards, not like in my day... =P)

Old 4th January 2009, 03:36   #20
aFfLiCtEd
Major Dude

ROFLMAO! .. Funny shit.
aFfLiCtEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 04:15   #21
LuigiHann
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to LuigiHann
Nice icon

Who is the milkman? What is the purpose of the goggles?
LuigiHann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2009, 05:18   #22
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

people like you make me sad that people exist on the internet jaz.

of course, computers fighting wouldn't be much more interesting either :

(provoker) : 00011010010101!!!

(provoked) : 11001001011001??!??!!!

Old 4th January 2009, 06:10   #23
iomegajaz
Balled and Chained
Alumni

Quote:
people like you make me sad that people exist on the internet jaz.
If you're feeling sad, you should do something about it, and make it count:

Last edited by iomegajaz; 4th January 2009 at 08:43.
Old 4th January 2009, 07:19   #24
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
(this won't be deleted because the mods are lazy bastards, not like in my day... =P)
Hey, I resemble that remark!
Old 4th January 2009, 13:06   #25
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

just so you know, i havent posted in years because i now work in a 7/11 type store so i'm too tired to look at forums and reply like i could back in the day....

i would love to be a regular again and post crap too, but all i do now is have my 3 minutes of pleasure and go to bed and watch tv and fall asleep, plus, i dont have any good conversation topic to suggest here, i would just talk about computers, girls... or my midget girl boss who knows nothing of her life, shes a russian bitch too!

point is, i've matured and moved on, like most people here will tell you, its a hype wave... then the need is gone, like a new toy when you were a kid, first week you play with it like crazy, then it gets tossed in the attic in some dusty webby box.. get real!
kingo'mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 06:48   #26
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I would say it's not so much the topic, but how it's discussed.

As an analogy, think of love songs. How many are out there? More than I can count. It's true; most of them are repeated spewings of bullshit that can only be described as sucking rhinoceros balls.

But, some of them are good, and wisdom lies not in ignoring the medium, but more the individual misused examples of it while creating something worthwhile to set an example.

Someone could have relayed the same message as OP did in a way that would be annoying or boring, but since a little time, creativity, and effort (and maybe a good drink or two) went into it, it didn't suck.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2009, 21:21   #27
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

so you basically say that its not the quantity, but quality, right? well i agree, i'd rather read 1 tasteful post than someone going OMGROFL-O.RLY?SGTFUZZYBUBBLERULEZ and shit like that, unless i'm too bored and need a quick laugh.
[ramblings]
its true, i could pass a couple of hours just reading thru ultra funny sayings people type in a thread and find it high quality, so yeah, i contradict myself, its only because most posts in a thread here are either an essay long which is a bitch to read IMHO, or too short to be meaningful or interesting, let alone the fact that SOME people here cant type logical sentences even if they try really hard... i mean, did you know i'm an israeli and not a native american at all? i learned english from TV, School, internet, and forums. [/ramblings]

i have also noticed how lazy we are at replying to threads even if we know what to say, we'd rather wait for other people to reply first and the drop our 1 1/2 cents (reccession ok, hehe), i know that because thats what i do..

people should just write more, something worth replying to... but to each his own
Old 5th January 2009, 22:33   #28
Phyltre
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Phyltre Send a message via Yahoo to Phyltre
Quote:
Originally posted by Sandman2012
The regulars never post here anymore.
Come now. The regulars never posted here at all. Just us irregulars.
Phyltre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 04:24   #29
sgtfuzzbubble011

Quote:
i'd rather read 1 tasteful post than someone going OMGROFL-O.RLY?SGTFUZZYBUBBLERULEZ and shit like that
I do rule, and you know it. That's why you still use the avatar that I made years ago.
Old 6th January 2009, 09:55   #30
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

actually, i used it because i was bored and loved DBZ like hell at the time, plus that i've never had an avatar before and thought i might as well find one...

i'd have a signature too, but since i'm too idle here i thought i'd save a few bits of code in this server for someone else's crap, you know.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:53   #31
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Come to think of it, change your location aswell; Mattfury's long gone.

Welcome back, Fickle.

--

I think just noticed another Internet Law:
When people do not want to talk about stuff that's been said before, they start arguing about what they should talk about instead, and that arguing becomes the new topic.

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 19:36   #32
Flexi
wellspring of milk
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Flexi
you can live in mine if you like
Flexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2009, 20:34   #33
kingo'mountain
in need of banned aid

uh, were dudes, right? unless youre a transsexual, then i will apply to your request

back on our overchewed topic, its nice to have a forum\chat to broaden our horizons by meeting people around the world and local too, i think its awesome that all cultures collide to learn and observe, even if its for the wrong reasons, i'll give you an example of my own: i have always thought americans are superior to us israelis in many plains... financial, educational, and even on behaviour... i mean, we swear at anything, even 6 y.olds its crazy!!!!

i have learned alot since i talked to americans and watched chats and forums, is that in many ways we are the same, we have douchebags and there are american douchebags, there are good hearted people here and in america too, i was so intimidated by all the stigmas and what people told me, that i forgot that beyond all that we are all flesh and blood, we all have feelings, families, friends (uh, ok, not everybody), work... you know, its all the same in the end of the day, if i could i would move to new york or los angeles, but the fact that i stutter when i speak and the fact that i dont have a family in either place, will make my life alot harder, so all i do is talk online.

umm, yeah, i have been affected by the american culture long enough by watching american tv shows, and lots of online time too, its amazing to me how fast i'm able to understand stuff i didnt know shit of last year
Old 6th January 2009, 21:52   #34
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

There's nothing wrong with swearing, in my opinion. American education is awful. The financial "greatness" of America is concentrated in a handful of rich people.

That said, if you think America does well in those areas, you should look around in western Europe.
Old 7th January 2009, 01:10   #35
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Quote:
The financial "greatness" of America is concentrated in a handful of rich people.
Very true. We have a few extremely rich and tons of extremely poor, and the number of people in between is shrinking. Very rapidly. I will likely soon start a new thread describing my personal current experience in that regard, as I've just had a horrible financial experience.

Old 7th January 2009, 21:00   #36
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
Very true. We have a few extremely rich and tons of extremely poor, and the number of people in between is shrinking.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2009, 03:07   #37
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

^lol... I can see your point, but I don't completely blame the system but rather the consumers.

While I like the idea of more fair health care standards, I am not so much in favor of the abolishing of capitalism and going with a Marxist view; I am more for the education of people that open their wallets and spend. Some people go and fill the bank accounts of billionaires every time they go to places like Wal*Mart or other enormous corporate chain places. Other people buy their goods at places that treat their workers fairly and sell high quality products.

Back in the day when I worked in a rather large big city, my students had an old saying:

"Hate the game, not the playa'"

It has come to mean a lot these days. Personally, if someone chooses to pay a multi-billionaire with their spare-change life savings, they are at fault, not the people collecting.

On the other hand, if there's a situation where a person has relatively little or no choice but to pay the rich, then corrective action needs to be taken.

@ko'm ~ If it makes you feel even better, here's something you'll learn about us USA people:

We are painfully uneducated when it comes to learning a second language. Many age 14-18-year-olds take 1-3 years of a foreign language and forget it within two years after that. Furthermore, most people in the USA outright refuse measures that push better education for a second language - in other words, they advocate ignorance.

From what I understand, other countries are far better at teaching foreign languages at an early age and in such a way that the students remember what they learned. We're horrible at that.

@ Fickle - Sorry to derail your thread so much. I liked your post, and it's good to see you still come back.

Old 8th January 2009, 03:16   #38
baafie
feminazi
(Major Dude)

Quote:
Originally posted by swingdjted
While I like the idea of more fair health care standards, I am not so much in favor of the abolishing of capitalism and going with a Marxist view;
Several countries have tried Marxism and/or communism and I think history has shown that those models, even though they sound good in theory, tend to work out badly. That said, it makes me wonder why the discussion in the US implies that it has to be either pure capitalism or pure socialism, as if you couldn't have both. In fact, I think that's where the sweet spot is: socialist capitalism or caplitalist socialism.

In practice I believe health care access must be universal and the ill and unemployed must be able to make a minimal living; higher education must be affordable for every (young) person.
Old 8th January 2009, 04:47   #39
Fickle
Butterknife of Justice
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by mike-db

Best post in the thread. Really. Including mine, which I don't really remember.

BTW: My excellence in posting while drunk has been subject to question before, but I believe it to be my utter perfectionism while typing. As it stands, I'm pretty fucking buzzed RIGHT NOW, and yet have yet to make a mistake my spell-check hasn't found. Not to mention I watch my fingers simply because I never learned how to touch-type.

BTBTW: To TOO-DAMN-MUCH: Stop fucking with people who are older and have more seniority over you, much less Iomegajaz, whom I consider a good, decent person, and a friend. That's my biggest problem with portions of youth, you have no respect for authority, yet the majority of you don't revolt against authority THAT MATTERS. Where are the million people protesting wars and bigotry and genocide? No, you'd rather bitch piece-by-piece against someone who has a much better grasp on reality than you. On the FUCKING INTERNET no less, where your opinion means absolute dogshit.

BTBTBTW To Iomegajaz: You, also, are the man.

BTBTBTBTW To Baafie, WoL, swingdjted, gaekwad2, Phyltre, LuigiHann, aFfLiCtEd, and MidnightViper88:

Hi! How art thou? Como Estas? I am well! When you guys get your shit together, come over to Pabook, where we have discussions, not flame wars and arguments and intelligent conversations instead of idiots stabbing each other over and over till they can see the blood. Unless you think "Community" is only a factual ideal when people are pissing on each other's backs.

PS: If you think it's boring, then grow up a little and then try it! Worked for me!

Old 8th January 2009, 05:48   #40
namidani

lol 4 thumbs could make nice post under alcoholic infulence

Quote:
Originally posted by sgtfuzzbubble99
Good to see you drop by this place once in a while. Your writing skills are still second to none, even when under some alcoholic influence.
namidani is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions