cant tell what is causing it
try to view local songs only
songs list stays blank
and phone slows way down

also noticing in pmp_wifi it sometimes shows 0 tracks listed on device
songs are stored on sd card wich was seen correctly in last official release

thanks rob
(c)rob 2013 (picture & SN)

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 22nd March 2013, 21:27   #42
dynamicradio

Hi.

I've noticed with the Beta if you go to pick an artist with multiple albums you have to pick an album to play off. There is no longer a play all selection.
Old 29th March 2013, 20:35   #43
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Build 1101 is now up on Winamp Labs - WAFA-B-2.0.1101-prodc.apk

Fixed: Play All, Clear Queue, crash fixes and other stuff....
Old 30th March 2013, 14:18   #44
GodFatherDave

I'm new to the forum and beta program so I don't know if this has been brought up but, I really would like the Wrong lyrics and the Request lyrics buttons. Have they been moved or just taken out completely?

Thanks!
Old 2nd April 2013, 19:47   #45
dynamicradio

Hi there. Nice to see a new Beta although I was a little annoyed that it wouldn't let me play anything without updating to it however clearing my memory on the phone seemed to fix this - not that I didn't want to upgrade but had a slow 3g connection on the way to work and wanted to listen to music.

I do have a couple of bugs to report. When searching for stuff it gives suggestions based on your tracks but clicking the suggestion closes the search and doesn't reveal the relevant stuff. Instead I have to manually type the whole thing out.

Also I reported I'd had problems using the Wireless transfer part of Winamp but the Beta fixed it. However this worked for a short time and later on using the same previous Beta it stopped working. I had exactly the same problem with this in the stable version with it working once and then not working again at all. I really like the idea of being able to transfer my stuff without connecting it to a PC and the cloud service currently won't replace this for me because of coverage issues. A user mentioned there had been long term problems with the WI-FI transfers can anyone confirm this and is this being worked on as this problem has existed for me in the stable version to for months. It's the only real problem I have with Winamp for Android.

Thanks
Old 6th April 2013, 03:56   #46
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Build 1110 now available on Winamp Labs (WAFA-B-2.0.1110-prodc.apk)

It's getting there....
Old 6th April 2013, 04:10   #47
robdog2004
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to robdog2004 Send a message via Yahoo to robdog2004
still a few bugs
tried to view playlists and got a crash
also cloud not showing files that are on phone
phone is now stratosphere 2 with android 4.1.2

thanks rob

(please note) As users we can't give others help unless we get full details of the problem that you are having
Old 9th April 2013, 19:40   #48
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
Egg,

I see lots of development on this and the winamp desktop app, but I don't see any of my suggestions (from this thread) in the changelog?

i'm confused by that as you seemed to feel all these things were valid?

will 5.7 include anything from this thread I've posted about?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
Old 14th April 2013, 19:18   #49
dynamicradio

is there a developer of the Android app on this forum? I really like Winamp and for a while have been considering upgrading to winamp pro for android but no one has confirmed about the wifi transfer bug. It's a great feature but it works once or twice and then stops working. The help area for it mentions no possible fixes, yet multiple people complain about it.
Old 14th April 2013, 19:26   #50
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@dynamicradio

Are you using the latest 2.0 Beta apk (currently, build 1113) and Winamp 5.7 Beta (currently, build 3364)?

Please could you describe the "wifi sync stops working" problem in more detail.
Old 15th April 2013, 16:11   #51
dynamicradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Egg View Post
@dynamicradio

Are you using the latest 2.0 Beta apk (currently, build 1113) and Winamp 5.7 Beta (currently, build 3364)?

Please could you describe the "wifi sync stops working" problem in more detail.
Hi my desktop version of Winamp is 5.7 build 3364 Beta (x86) and the Beta build 2.0 build 11130. I am using Windows 8 but had this problem on windows 7 to and the problem has existed for me and other users apparently in both the stable and beta versions.

Basically I can't get Winamp and Winamp Android to connect to each other. The weird thing is I have got it to work twice in the past and both times it worked just one time. I had it working the other month transferring files fine but after a reboot it stopped working again. There's lots of people on the forum having problems with this feature to, which makes it sound like a bug.

A user actually posted this earlier in the forum when I mentioned it.

"thats a issue that has been ongoing and difficult to track as it's kind of both android and desktop winamp itself along with some routers inability to do data share between desktop and wifi"

Interestingly if this is true there is nothing about the issue in the help part. I really like the idea of transferring files via the WIFI as I don't always have my USB lead handy. Also while the cloud service is also a good idea, my 3g connection on the go is usually bad around here. However right now the WIFI sharing feature is too unreliable. Can you confirm that there is a problem or is this new to you?

Thanks
Old 15th April 2013, 16:36   #52
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

@dynamicradio

By "stopped working" I assume you mean that the Winamp pc client can no longer detect/see the Android device, right?

If yes, then I acknowledge that it is a problem for some users, but not for many others (maybe the majority).
It would seem to be a router/firewall config related issue rather than a Winamp one.
If I knew how to reproduce the problem I would provide a technical solution...

The only way I can reproduce a similar problem is if my pc is connected to a VPN at the time.
Which then means that my pc is on the VPN and the Android device isn't.
i.e. For it to work, both the pc and Android device need to be connected to the same wi-fi network...
Old 15th April 2013, 21:29   #53
MrSinatra
Forum King

Egg,

do both the winamp desktop app and the android app support UPNP, b/c if so that should overcome any router issues correct? assuming the router has upnp enabled.

in addition, maybe winamp should do firewall checks, and/or include exceptions to be written to the OS firewall rules? (and maybe some kind of firewall test in prefs, to probe 3rd party stuff?)

--
Old 17th April 2013, 18:49   #54
dynamicradio

Quote:
@dynamicradio

By "stopped working" I assume you mean that the Winamp pc client can no longer detect/see the Android device, right?

If yes, then I acknowledge that it is a problem for some users, but not for many others (maybe the majority).
It would seem to be a router/firewall config related issue rather than a Winamp one.

The only way I can reproduce a similar problem is if my pc is connected to a VPN at the time.
i.e. For it to work, both the pc and Android device need to be connected to the same wi-fi network...
I've tried without my security program and it still doesn't work. The funny thing is it worked partly a few times and then just stopped. It seems this problem isn't just happening with me.
Old 19th April 2013, 13:13   #55
MrSinatra
Forum King

does the WfA app (either ver) support m4a/mp4 ALACs? meaning, can it play them back?

--
Old 2nd May 2013, 00:53   #56
Juanus
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Juanus
Quote:
@dynamicradio

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamicradio View Post
I've tried without my security program and it still doesn't work. The funny thing is it worked partly a few times and then just stopped. It seems this problem isn't just happening with me.
This is just conjecture so I hope that some people can try this out when it comes to connection issues. But I found that I didn't have my desktop client communicating with the router or the internet. When I install Winamp, I do not install Now Playing and I always turn off "check for new version" and "allow winamp to report usage statistics". So really, the desktop client had no reason to "ping" the router (and for whatever reason, the discover button does nothing)

So Once I turned on the check for new version and allow winamp to report usage, I closed the desktop client and when I reopened it, now my phone is connected all the time. It has been like this consistently for about 4 days.

Maybe it's something, maybe its nothing, but I thought I would pass it along.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard3.png
Views:	292
Size:	220.0 KB
ID:	50474  
Old 4th May 2013, 15:49   #57
Juanus
Major Dude

OK, I take it all back. I jinxed myself by posting about it. I haven't been able to get my phone to connect since.
Old 5th May 2013, 16:19   #58
MrSinatra
Forum King

have you investigated your firewall settings? windows and router?

--
Old 5th May 2013, 18:29   #59
Juanus
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSinatra View Post
have you investigated your firewall settings? windows and router?
Windows 7 with the firewall off
Linksys WRT610N version1 router with the firewall on.

What would you like me to investigate?
Old 6th May 2013, 01:34   #60
robdog2004
Major Dude

for any firewall make sure each computer/device can communicate with each other
i had a issue before when setting up print ers where firewall settings were too high for trusted networks
for routers make sure wireless isolation is off
this allows a computer and wifi device to communicate with each other

thanks rob

Old 6th May 2013, 02:33   #61
Juanus
Major Dude

I have 2 wireless computers and 3 computers wired and they all share files back and forth between each other. And that is not counting the wireless devices like cell phones and tablets and a printer and my PS3 and wii and another printer that are hardwired.
And wireless/AP isolation is off. (it is off by default)

Like I said, it works intermittently. And I can't find any rhyme or reason as to when it works and when it doesn't. I just thought I had a solution and I was wrong.

[EDIT] I should also note that the computer I am using with the desktop version is hardwired directly into the router and my phone is (obviously) wireless
Old 6th May 2013, 02:48   #62
DrO

based on the fun i've had with my nexus 4 and the wifi sync, it's most likely something else running on the network (legitimately in most cases) which is interfering with what Winamp / WAFA are trying to send (as i have to disable the VMWare networking to get it to work as it does something weird with the messages being sent over the network). in an ideal world this should have been sorted out years back but alas that hasn't (though hopefully with some of the Cloud features that will be coming will mean there's a chance to get it properly looked into and hopefully resolved...).
Old 6th May 2013, 03:14   #63
JukeboxHero

The biggest complaint I have with the WiFi sync is with characters that the software can't handle so it stops the entire sync process. I have read other post of users having similar issues where it says transferring and then just hangs because of various characters. I had hoped that some of these would have gotten fix. I'm running the beta copies on my desktop and Android device(nexus 7). Using other means I got my music transferred, but now I see on my Android device there are duplicate songs for any that have a slash in the album name. I really don't want a list of characters not allowed, but is this issue being worked on?
Old 6th May 2013, 03:27   #64
Juanus
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
based on the fun i've had with my nexus 4 and the wifi sync, it's most likely something else running on the network (legitimately in most cases) which is interfering with what Winamp / WAFA are trying to send (as i have to disable the VMWare networking to get it to work as it does something weird with the messages being sent over the network). in an ideal world this should have been sorted out years back but alas that hasn't (though hopefully with some of the Cloud features that will be coming will mean there's a chance to get it properly looked into and hopefully resolved...).
First of all, I am jealous that you have a Nexus 4. My GS3 is nothing to shake a stick at, but its no nexus.
Secondly, the thing that is so frustrating is how random it is to get the wifi sync to attach. I have seen it happen with my Cisco VPN on AND off. Sometimes I will turn the VPN off and then my phone appears. Other times not. I have also turned my VMWare off and on at various times.

I don't know. Maybe we can get it to work like torrents where we can forward a specific port and it would see it on that port.
Old 6th May 2013, 05:13   #65
robdog2004
Major Dude

what i have found is it is within windows itself and not winamp
sometimes when i boot my computer the sync wont connect
other times i boot the system it sees the phone sync just fine
so where the breakdown is i can not say for sure
but yes i can see how users can be annoyed in the connection

other thing is with most phones with internal and external memory
is sync automatically goes after internal memory and not really ask if you where you want it stored
personally i prefer storing stuff on external memory

on another note i use a app called airdroid, which in a way gives same functions
yet that works consistently just can be a little confusing for some users if they dont know where to look
where the breakdown is , in my opinion has something to do with the ports of windows and the phone

thanks rob

Old 6th May 2013, 09:44   #66
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanus View Post
I have seen it happen with my Cisco VPN on AND off. Sometimes I will turn the VPN off and then my phone appears. Other times not. I have also turned my VMWare off and on at various times.
that pretty much matches with what i was mentioning in my post above. even with it 'off' it's likely some off the vpn network drivers are still loaded and may be doing something with the messages being sent.
Old 8th May 2013, 07:30   #67
robdog2004
Major Dude

just tried latest version on site
still getting crash issues once linked to cloud account
when not linked it works ok

thanks rob

Old 9th May 2013, 10:43   #68
jd999uk

I'm having no luck at all with playback from the cloud on my HTC One.The cloud sources show the 129 tracks I've uploaded, but selecting any track results in it "Connecting" and never playing the track. This on both WiFi and3G. Also, WFA is listing tracks that have been deleted from my phone, despite me clearing all data/cache etc and uninstalling the previous version (1124).
Finally, the Cloud icon to sign in (top righthand side) has disappeared. Touching where it was brings up the login menu though.

John
Old 12th May 2013, 18:23   #69
Juanus
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
that pretty much matches with what i was mentioning in my post above. even with it 'off' it's likely some off the vpn network drivers are still loaded and may be doing something with the messages being sent.
Well, I got a new hard drive and I had to reload everything. I have reloaded EVERYTHING except any of my VPN software and I have to say that from the day that I installed winamp my phone has been connecting constantly and consistently. The discover button works, and when I eject the phone if discover doesn't work, I just close winamp and restart it and bam, there is my phone.

So it looks like DrO was right as always. Maybe some of the VPN drivers stay loaded somewhere. Hmmmmmm
Old 13th May 2013, 12:38   #70
DrO

that makes a change, heh.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:18   #71
Juanus
Major Dude

OK Next question... How do I get my VPN installed and the wifi sync working?
I really love this wifi sync.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:19   #72
DrO

if we knew, then there wouldn't be an issue. alas it's not something i'm too hot on.
Old 13th May 2013, 14:29   #73
Juanus
Major Dude

I like it. Its a really nice feature for the winamp faithful. Just needs a little tweeking and it will be boss. Hooray for the winamp devs all around. I cannot wait to see what is next for the 2.0 version.
Old 13th May 2013, 23:34   #74
MrSinatra
Forum King

like I said in 53, it would be good if there was some kind of active monitor or probe, or something, so u could see if there was a conflict or obstacle or simultaneous port usage. maybe agent could do it?

(meaning, only when invoked, for troubleshooting)

--
Old 13th May 2013, 23:56   #75
robdog2004
Major Dude

without knowing what port is being used its hard to say what truly is going on and if there is a conflict in each device or if its in the computer

thanks rob

Old 14th May 2013, 01:26   #76
MrSinatra
Forum King

well, IF winamp has default ports it tries to use, agent could check for those. I would guess its the computer and router that needs checked, more than the device.

--
Old 14th May 2013, 02:02   #77
robdog2004
Major Dude

for most cases its generally the router causing the issue
but for some instances it can be the firewall on the computer that causes the issue

thanks rob

Old 14th May 2013, 02:07   #78
MrSinatra
Forum King

yes, or apparently for Juanus, vpn software behaving badly. good if it could be detected.

--
Old 16th May 2013, 22:17   #79
drgnshadow85

Winamp stall

Winamp stalls when launching then dialog box asks to wait or close. I chose wait and still nothing but blank screen . RAZR M (XT907)
Old 17th May 2013, 00:52   #80
oposiasty

U20i with android in version 2.3.7
Everything was working fine except of cloud. When I've opened it phone went crazy and simply bricked.
So I think that optimization for older devices should be better
And also it's my farewell since I don't have any other phone to test. Hope my few posts fro closed beta time were helpful and I'd like to wish You good luck with future relases and development.
Also at the end I'd like to cheer all the testers and Nullsoft stuff
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android