Old 5th July 2006, 03:33   #1
canadadude1234

Press Q in playlist window to enque up songs?

Hi, I used to be able to press "q" to que up a selected song in the playlist window. Now it's gone. I've tried reinstalling.

Does someone know what happened to the q?

Thanks
canadadude1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 04:09   #2
Bubba Smith
Major Dude

Hmmm. I don't remember that option. However, once a playlist is loaded, you can press 'J' for the Jump To File dialogue box. Then you can highlight/select any song there and press ALT+Q to add the song to the Enqueue list (or you can press the 'Enqueue file' button). The enqueued songs will then show up in the Playlist Editor window and will then be 'numbered' and will play in that order. That might be what you are talking about.
Bubba Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 04:20   #3
JonnyMac

The JTFE plug-in has playlist options.

Winamp > Ctrl+P > General Preferences > Jump to File > make sure 'Enable Playlist editor features and related menus' is checkmarked

-or-

Winamp > Ctrl+P > General Preferences > Jump to File > is 'Use text formatting in the playlist' and/or 'Highlight background queued items in playlist' checkmarked?

Although the latest builds should have a fix related to the DEP issue, you still may need to disable DEP for Winamp...
System Control Panel > Advanced tab > Performance > Settings > Data Execution Prevention > add Winamp to the exclusion list

[edit]
A bit more info for Bubba Smith
In the playlist editor...
Alt+click an item or highlighting will enqueue
-or-
highlighting items(s) & pressing Q will enqueues
[/edit]

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 04:36   #4
Bubba Smith
Major Dude

Aaah, JonnyMac. Thanks! It had never worked that way for me before. But now I see why -- Data Execution Prevention > add Winamp to the exclusion list !!

My settings had always been ticked for 'Turn on DEP for essential Windows programs and services only'. But now, based on what you said, I've ticked 'Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select', and after having just added winamp.exe to the list, I do indeed have 'Q' working directly via the Playlist Editor now. Before now, I could only do it through JTFE as I'd indicated in my post above.

I never knew this before now. Thanks!
Old 5th July 2006, 08:10   #5
DrO

if it's still failing with DEP enabled for all programs then something is wrong since the plugin had been fixed (at least twice) to fix it's handling of software and hardware DEP respectively. meh, better add that to the check out list

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 12:11   #6
Bubba Smith
Major Dude

Hi, DrO. I'm using JTFE v0.97.5 (Build 28), so I guess there is a problem then. But no big deal.
Old 6th July 2006, 00:19   #7
canadadude1234

Hi thanks for all the replies.. I don't know what JTFE or DEP is, but I couldn't find the preferences you were talking about "Jump To File"...

I made a screenshot here to show that I don't see it. Am I looking in the right spot?

Old 6th July 2006, 00:49   #8
JonnyMac

The JTFE (Jump to File Extended) is the plug-in that provides enqueue next support and additional Jump to File functions. It is a default part of the Winamp install. Apparently (guessing based on your screenshot), JTFE support was unchecked during installation.

However, you can Go here to independently download the JTFE plug-in.
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2006, 00:54   #9
canadadude1234

Ah, thank you. I must have unticked it when installing. I just didn't want any of the extra stuff, like the tray agent, but I guess it backfired with loss of functionality.

Thanks guys!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support