Old 27th November 2003, 11:37   #1
mikehende

line-in plugin help please

I am trying out Jasper's v1.8 line-in plugin,I believe winamp is recognizing my host music playback program but I am not sure as when I toggle any of winamp's "eq" sliders,nothing happens,I believe that if my music was actually running through winamp,the winamp's eq should work with the songs or am I wrong?
Anyway,this is the point at which I need help,what I did was I clicked on "Add",then on "URL" then typed "linein" in the box that pops up,in winamp's "Playlist" area,the URL now reads "1.[unknown host]http://linein"

Is this correct?If not,would deeply appreciate any help,thanks,regards,Mike.
mikehende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 11:58   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Jasper's plugin uses the line:// command, not linein://

btw, what did you mean by "host music playback program"?

Linein is for playing an external source (hi-fi, 8-track, cd player, microphone, minidisk, etc) via the soundcard's line-in.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 12:46   #3
mikehende

I am using an mp3 music playback program,wanting to play the mp3's from that program through winamp as I intend to add DSP effects via the "Adaptx" plugin.I did this experiment before a while back using the "Dee2" plugin and I got help from this forum,I think you were the one who helped me if I remember correctly,it was done succesfully but I ditched the setup as there was way too much latency with that effect,I found out 2 things last night,one,that you can use "non-winamp" Directx plugins via the Adaptx plugin,I am hoping that with my directx plugin [waves]that there might not be too much latency as I had with the Dee2.Two,that there is a "wave out latency" plugin which will cut down on the latency.
I have simply forgotten what to type in winamp's URL "linein" function,this is where I need the first help,any ideas please?
Old 27th November 2003, 13:11   #4
Lion King
Major Dude

the latency is due to output buffer length, use asio or the like if you want to avoid that

winamp is a "mp3 music playback program"

edit: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=148682
Lion King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 13:50   #5
JonnyMac

Quote:
Originally posted by mikehende
.Two,that there is a "wave out latency" plugin which will cut down on the latency.
Are saying that you are looking for a low-latency output plug-in? Jasper has one here.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 14:09   #6
mikehende

Appreciate the response guys,I am just trying anything that will cut down on the latency time.I've already downloaded Jasper's latency plugin but I've got to do 2 things,first,get my program to play "through" winamp via the line-in,then get my Directx plugin to work via the "Adaptx" plugin, please look out for some more questions in a few minutes,thanks.
Old 27th November 2003, 15:39   #7
mikehende

I still can't get the "line-in" function to work,I even tried using an external cd player and ran that to the linein on the soundcard,still nothing,my guess is thatI am not doing something right in the linein config,any ideas please?
Old 27th November 2003, 17:11   #8
ujay
Forum King

Still not clear what it is you're plugging into the line-in socket.

Have you looked in your mixer and checked the line-in channel is not muted .

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 18:35   #9
JonnyMac

If mikehende is using Jasper's LineIn Plugin the Microphone and/or Line-in should be muted.

Mute should be unchecked if Winamp’s default line-in plug-in is being used.

Isn't confusion fun?
Old 27th November 2003, 22:38   #10
mikehende

I've been at this all day and can't figure out why the Bleepety-bleep it does not work,I am frustrated right now.I uninstalled everything and re-installed winamp 2.91,then I installed Jasper's v1.8 line-in plugin.I looked at the "volume control" section of the mixer on the pc and line-in is muted,then I looked at the "Recording control" section of the mixer and the linein is selected,isn't this correct?If not,what am I doing wrong please,anyone?
Old 28th November 2003, 01:41   #11
JonnyMac

I am sorry if any the following suggestions are obvious, I am just trying to cover all grounds.

- Make sure the Line In volume is turned up in 'Recording Control'
- In Windows mixer make sure the main volume and Wave volume are not muted and set to comfortable level
- Also check Winamp volume and the preamp volume in the EQ
- Check the connection to your sound card. The sockets are very hard to read, so make sure that you did not accidentally connect your portable CD in to the Line Out socket (I have done that before). If you card uses symbols instead of writing, the Line in Symbol will look something like the following...
--->(( )) or ---((>))

Quote:
I clicked on "Add",then on "URL" then typed "linein" in the box that pops up
As DJ said for Jasper's plug-in use line:// and not linein://. When you use the 'Add' button in the playlist, the file or address you enter will not begin playing until you press play (or double click the playlist entry). To have it begin playing immediately right click on the open/"eject" button and select 'Open Location'. You can also use Ctrl+click open/"eject" for the 'Open Location' box
Old 28th November 2003, 03:35   #12
JonnyMac

PS...
Quote:
I installed Jasper's v1.8 line-in plugin.I looked at the "volume control" section of the mixer on the pc and line-in is muted,then I looked at the "Recording control" section of the mixer and the linein is selected,isn't this correct?
Yes that is correct. If you are using Jasper's plug-in and the Line In mute is not checked, you will hear echoes. Checking mute will prevent echoes.
Old 28th November 2003, 15:37   #13
mikehende

Hey fellas,I don't know why but the linein works now,don't have any idea why it din't work yesterday,thanks for all of the help,now on to step 2,which is to get my mp3 player to play through winamp's linein,I'll go do some experimenting now and will get back to you,stay tuned,thanks,Mike.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support