Old 27th November 2003, 10:56   #1
mikehende

Adaptx plugin help

Hello;I downloaded the Adaptx plugin and could not figure out how to do this:

Configure your player to load the AdaptX plugin
and enjoy it!

Can anyone point me to instructions on how to do this please?Thanks,regards,Mike.
mikehende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 13:07   #2
Lion King
Major Dude

strg+p > preferences > plugins > dsp > click on 'directx plugin adapter module' > the adaptx window should pop up > click on '+' > highlight a directx plugin or effekt > click on 'add' > click on 'close' > enable the plugin or effekt (that checkbox) in the list > enjoy
Lion King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 14:11   #3
mikehende

strg+p

Lion King,I don't understand the above command,please explain where I can find this
mikehende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2003, 14:16   #4
Lion King
Major Dude

oops, sorry. it's ctrl+p on us english keyboards
Lion King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2003, 03:32   #5
EazyCheeze

Send a message via ICQ to EazyCheeze
I'm using the AdaptX Plugin version 3.5 with Winamp5rc8, and it doesn't work; I click on the plugin in the list, the window flickers/flashes very briefly but does not stay on. Is there a new version that works better with WA5 (but not the WA3 version; I couldn't even get that to work)... I also couldn't get the WMP9 version to work ("Failed to load AdaptX engine" or something).
EazyCheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2003, 03:39   #6
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
I personally do not use the AdaptX Plugin myself, but you will probably have to contact the author of the plugin to have him get it up to par for use with Winamp 5.0, if indeed it's not working properly. Contact the author directly via email at ianier@hotmail.com, or perhaps through his site. And since Winamp 2.xx will no longer be supported very soon, I suggest that you do in fact contact the author if there is a problem with the plugin in Winamp 5.0 (if you want to continue using it).

* You can also try using his Chronotron II plug-in for Winamp 2.x (if its specific features appeal to you), which to my understanding works well with Winamp 5.0, unlike Chronotron v3.0 for Winamp3 (many people have complained about that one). Of course Chronotron performs a completely different function than does AdaptX, but as I said, it may appeal to you.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2003, 13:46   #7
ujay
Forum King

No problems here EasyCheeze, using Win2k and DirectX 9.

Only wierdness I can produce is if the playlist is active, in which case it seems to get tangled up in the 'close minimized' bug and resets the docking and window position keys in the registry.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2003, 14:26   #8
EazyCheeze

Send a message via ICQ to EazyCheeze
I think something similar happened to me except I hax0red the registry to put WindowX and WindowY at 0; and now the window stays where I move it! No more problems! Wa-hay and all that.
EazyCheeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support