Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Site Design

View Poll Results: What do you think about the new shoutcast.com "beta"?
Boring! Don't like it, I prefer the classic shoutcast site. 13 65.00%
Could be an improvent over the classic version with some fixes. 3 15.00%
It's great! Shoutcast.com now is better than ever. 4 20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1st February 2009, 20:33   #1
w-sky

Dislike new Shoutcast.com directory! Vote here.

I think the new shoutcast.com sucks because...

* it doesn't display station information in full (always have to click "more"),
* it doesn't allow to sort the list in any sensible way,
* and it features too much ads!

The old and more clear and functional classic.shoutcast.com is still online, but will it stay that way? Will the new shoutcast ever be equal in its functionality?
w-sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2009, 20:40   #2
w-sky

Shoutcast search is lame

The weakness of the search function is that it is not able to search for more than one term (i.e. if you search for "best music" it will find only stations with exactly "best music" in their description, not stations with "best pop music").

Is a simple AND too hard for Shoutcast?
w-sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 09:45   #3
chuckeh
SHOUTcast Freak

SHOUTcast makes a lot of traffic, you can't even imagine. So they have to put more ads on the website than before. I dont like it to but thats the way it has to work.

No money = No SHOUTcast
chuckeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2009, 13:09   #4
Jkey
Forum King

AOL has to cover the costs of bandwidth used by the yp
as well as pay shoutcast staff and other super high running costs.

The loss of some functionality is a small price to pay to keep shoutcast going for another 10 years.

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.
Jkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 13:40   #5
JonnyMac

Also, please note the word "BETA". So, it is still a work in progress. As SHOUTcast.com and Online Services (Winamp ML) have changed over time, the developers have listened to the comments and requests of the users.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2009, 12:17   #6
Nick@ss

Threads Merged,

Please keep all your rants to one thread.
Nick@ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2009, 15:15   #7
999thebeat

Not crazy about it but it's okay...
999thebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 14:08   #8
SC_faisal
SHOUTcast (Alumni)

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know that we do read all comments and feedback about the new Beta site and how we can improve it going forward. So please keep the comments - both good AND bad - coming!

As already mentioned, monetization, especially in this economy is an important part of any business. But we always strive for a good balance between usability and monetization.

In the coming days a lot more cool new features will be released - starting with a new revised genre list that will make it easier for listeners to find the music they want to listen to from the more than 26,000+ stations we currently have on SHOUTcast.com! More information on this is can be found here: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=303231

Thanks!
f.

-SHOUTcast Dev
SC_faisal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2009, 06:44   #9
Ultima

1. The limit of 20 stations per page makes the New Shoutcast Beta completely unusable. It was very convenient how Classic Shoutcast showed the Top 500 stations on a single page. I suggest increasing the limit back up to 500.

2. Classic Shoutcast allowed sorting by any column. This appears to have been removed in the New Shoutcast Beta. I suggest adding column sorting back in.

3. Classic Shoutcast matched the style of the selected skin in Winamp. When used within Winamp, it behaved more like a part of Winamp than the New Shoutcast Beta. I suggest adding this back in.

4. Genre dropdown is still too long, even after the changes mentioned in the previous post take effect. I suggest allowing the user to select the category heading, for instance: Selecting the heading "Electronic" should show all stations from Acid House, Ambient, Trance, etc.
Ultima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 00:43   #10
lecsi

SHOUTCAST BETA TOTALLY SUCKS!
I totally agree what was said in first post and would like to add that i can only see 20 streams per page, F***!
I have to click the pages every time!

The best version of shoutcast was in 5.24! WAS PERFECT. The list was downloaded to winamp and it show the links. It was not a webpage like it is now. They converted to webpage to put ads on.
Some one must hack the plugin and remove them all!
A delete option should be created. There are a lot of streams that dont interest me. there should be a option to mark it as useless and send it to the bottom of the page and stay there untill you unmark it. Be honest, Video radios sucks.
lecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2012, 18:08   #11
deadwing

we need someone else to do a cool player that is not all about money like shoutcast used to be.just like Firefox is way better then Internet Explorer cause they aren't all about money.people would complain about IE but they wouldn't listen cause they thought they couldn't be brought down but look at them now Firefox kicked their butts !!!! http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp (see they are steadily going down ) why cause they wouldn't listen to complaints but Firefox did (they are so rockstar)
i also hate The New Shoutcast Beta with a passion i just use it to get the file info now and paste it to a better player.i never thought i would say that ,i used to push winamp as the coolest for years ,now i can't anymore ,rest in peace winamp ,you used to be the best but now your not.
deadwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 22:53   #12
AmatureDJ

Changing a site design sometimes is for the better as some think of it and in most other cases it can be for the worse and this will only force users to leave in majority of the cases that I have witnessed over the years.

Don't need to change a theme or design it if it's not necessary especially since members opions are worth a million voices and not the admins running it.

Bring back the old look!
AmatureDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2012, 22:56   #13
AmatureDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkey View Post
AOL has to cover the costs of bandwidth used by the yp
as well as pay shoutcast staff and other super high running costs.

The loss of some functionality is a small price to pay to keep shoutcast going for another 10 years.
I know this an old post but the cost of bandwidth today is dirt cheap.

Why would AOL pay the staff of this forum when 99% of forums are self maintained for FREE by the members of the community?

Last edited by AmatureDJ; 15th October 2012 at 22:59. Reason: correcting
AmatureDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2012, 04:39   #14
deadwing

Classic Is Back (will it last)

hey i am getting the cool classic view on Winamp TV !!!!!

is this just temporary or did they fire the guy that was messing it up lol !!!!!

Shoutcast TV is cool again.....
Old 16th October 2012, 04:50   #15
deadwing

you can see all the channels at once !!!!

its no longer like flipping through a Primary School Book with only a few words per page lol !!!!
Old 16th October 2012, 08:07   #16
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadwing View Post
hey i am getting the cool classic view on Winamp TV !!!!!

is this just temporary or did they fire the guy that was messing it up lol !!!!!
clearly it's not that big of an issue for you as you would have noticed it was fixed 2 weeks ago as per http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=18 (which just reinforces my own opinion that SHOUTcast TV as a view is dead (especially when i know the number of page views). and i still don't like the tone of your posts - if you want to piss off developers then it's the exact way to do it!
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Site Design