Old 23rd June 2011, 23:26   #1
gmcclel

Send a message via ICQ to gmcclel Send a message via AIM to gmcclel Send a message via Yahoo to gmcclel
Listener Security/Validation

I run several venues in Second Life (SL) with unique streams for each one. It is possible for folks to grab by non-published stream URL from the SL client and then use that stream in their venue. I've worked for years to create the right balance of venue ambiance and music and want to protect that.

I would like to create an object in SL that listens for the Shoutcast Server to validate whether a user is at my venue (I still will need to work out how to send the user info to the Server as part of the URL within SL). That object would send the answer back and the Shoutcast Server would use that validation/negation as authorization to access the server.

Is something like that possible in the Shoutcast configuration? Pointers to appropriate sections of the docs appreciated.

Thanks.
gmcclel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2011, 23:30   #2
DrO

there is nothing like that available in either v1 or v2 DNAS to password protect / query clients from accessing the stream in the manner you're asking about - there is the IP banning method but there's no way to query that and i doubt that'd be useful anyway.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support