Old 6th February 2001, 22:47   #1
philz

Hi,

I just started playing around with Shoutcast and i love it. I started a very small scale station from my home PC over a DSL connection and it seems to be working fine (got around the whole dynamic IP thing with a free DNS provider).

Two things i was wondering,

1 - Are there any plans to make winamp and shoutcast into a service so it doesn't require a user to be logged on to the server in order to play (and that way when different users log on to the server, shoutcast could still be broadcasting)?

2 - Is there a way to broadcast 2 different streams from the same server? (that way i could have one station for all my ambient/groove/downtempo/lounge and one for my acid/goa/hard trance)

Thanks,

Phil
philz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2001, 18:21   #2
wedgemusic

Yes, you can make SHOUTcast a service. You're using Windows NT or 2000, aren't you? Just add the .exe as a service and it should be fine. I'm not too sure about keeping Winamp running under different users, but I don't see why it shouldn't work. If you want to run two different streams from one computer you will need a DSP Stacker. There is a great article about this on http://www.shoutclub.com, so go check em out!
wedgemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th February 2001, 20:12   #3
philz

Thanks for the info. I'll go check it out asap.

Phil
philz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions