Old 5th July 2002, 18:57   #1
Full Throttle

Entire Album in one MP3?

I've seen entire albums saved as one MP3 file. I would like to do this with my own music. How would you compress(?) and extract(?) this type of file?

TIA
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 19:04   #2
Curi0us_George
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Curi0us_George Send a message via Yahoo to Curi0us_George
Well, you can get programs to join MP3s together. This doesn't serve any purpowse, though.

Ripping the entire album as one track can have a number of benefits, though. r3mix.net discusses how to do this, somewhere. I glanced quickly,but didn't see it. I know it's there. Read the whole site,anyway. It's worth the time.

For the freedom to express myself in my own way without fear of being censored or banned.

47 65 6C 61 65 64 2E 63 6F 6D 00
Curi0us_George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 19:20   #3
Full Throttle

Thank for the heads up I'll give it a gander.
Full Throttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 21:13   #4
randman

I'm surprised no one has posted this yet. CDex allows you to do this quite easily, and it's free. Just read the help documentation that comes with the program. Download version 1.40, because I've found the 1.50 betas to be buggy so far. (I'm assuming you don't have CDex already or you wouldn't be asking this question ).

I do this with some of my Pink Floyd CD's where the tracks run together with no pause.
Old 5th July 2002, 22:43   #5
Aero Zeppelin
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to Aero Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Aero Zeppelin
Quote:
Originally posted by randman
I do this with some of my Pink Floyd CD's where the tracks run together with no pause.
I downloaded The Wall and Dark Side Of The Moon from WinMX as one file, but I have decided not to break it into tracks since that would be like destroying a masterpiece.

Legalize It. Liberate It. Free The People of the United States. Free The Herbs Of The World!
Aero Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2002, 23:32   #6
nfinitefx_

Send a message via AIM to nfinitefx_
I downloaded the new Creed cd at school like that, as one file off Kazaa. It was really cool, you can do it in winamp with the disk writer plugin, you can load up some single mp3s you have and then convert them to a single wav. You would loose quality though, thats the only thing.
nfinitefx_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 04:37   #7
randman

Quote:
Originally posted by Sawg

"Extract Partial Track" button
Exactamundo.
Old 6th July 2002, 05:24   #8
_Blackdog_
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to _Blackdog_
you know you can divide it into seperate tracks and eliminate the pause in between, so your pink floyd still will sound like 1 track, but you can still skip around the tracks.
_Blackdog_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 05:26   #9
ReDVsion
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to ReDVsion Send a message via AIM to ReDVsion Send a message via Yahoo to ReDVsion
Full Throttle: I think you are referring to AlbumWrap archives. They contain multiple mp3 files that you are able to extract, but are contained in a single mp3 file. http://www.infamus.com/albumwrap/

?
ReDVsion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2002, 12:52   #10
prodangle
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by ReDVsion
Full Throttle: I think you are referring to AlbumWrap archives. They contain multiple mp3 files that you are able to extract, but are contained in a single mp3 file. http://www.infamus.com/albumwrap/
Strange how the macP3 link on that site takes me to some dodgy sex site
prodangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2002, 10:18   #11
Twilightseer
Frenchoderator

In addition to CDEX to rip the track, you can use the excellent MP3Cue Plug-in which allows you to set indexes for the various sections of the mp3 without altering it.
Twilightseer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions