Old 22nd December 2012, 00:04   #1
ninasky

my winamp only support 15 song simultaneously? wtf SOLVED

i have winamp as default program

when double clicking on one song it opens up with winamp.

but when marking all the songs and press enter in one map or an album, windows media player opens up. so i disabled wmp from windows 7. now nothing happens when trying to open multiple files. why is this happening? have latest winamp.

i see now that i can mark 15 songs and play them normally. not more than 15 songs.

EDIT: http://superuser.com/questions/30091...e-on-windows-7

if you dont have that value, create it.
ninasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2012, 15:02   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi ninasky,

Are you using Winamp version 5.63? I do not have that key value in my registry and that Winamp version is able to load and play any number of files I select in Windows Explorer. Maybe you did not, or do not, have the Winamp file types and shell options set up properly.

Do you, or did you, have some of the file types in the selected group associated with WMP and others associated with Winamp? But even in this case, I would expect both apps to open and start playing the files associated with each one. Of course, if you select files that are not associated with any app then they will not be opened.

In any case thank you for posting that link. I do see this limit when trying to open more than 15 of my non-music files at the same time. I've never had a reason to do that, so I was not aware of the limit.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2012, 01:09   #3
ninasky

wtf. now i have same problem again. i think this is windows problem not winamp...

edit: normally i could open one song listen to it and then stop it and delete it when winamp is on. but now it says the file is open in another application, close it first. why cannot i delete files when they are stopped.
ninasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2021, 19:22   #4
degenerate

This thread is 10 years old, but for anyone coming here from Google:

This is a windows explorer UI problem. When more than 15 items are selected, Windows Explorer will not allow them to open when that many are selected. They do this to prevent accidental multi-file opening by users.

Disable the behavior using a registry fix here:
https://www.sevenforums.com/tutorial...-selected.html

After applying the fix, you can open more than 15 mp3 files (or any file) at a time
degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2021, 15:13   #5
Wineroz

The user can also use Winaero Tweaker to remove that limitation
Wineroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support