Old 12th February 2004, 00:39   #1
tangofan

How to get list of ratings of all presets?

Hello,

Is is possible somehow to generate a list of all Milkdrop presets with their ratings? When playing aroung with the program, I have accidentally set some of them to zero, but don't remember which ones, since the profile wasn't locked.

So instead of having to load each profile one by one and check its rating (as the doc suggests), I'd like to have an overwiew list and then load only those I set to zero.

Thanks for any info,

Bernhard
tangofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2004, 02:56   #2
Krash
Major Dude

As far as I know, no program or system exists do what you describe.

There is a way you can do it though

use windows' search function to search your plugin folder for files containing the text:

fRating=0

You should get a list of the presets with a rating of 0

- Krash

Eighty-three percent of all statistical quotes are made up on the spot.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2004, 05:22   #3
imus

Send a message via AIM to imus Send a message via Yahoo to imus
yea, Then cut all those with the rating of 0 to a different folder where you can go through them seperately.

This is a good idea since I didn;t make a Favorites folder, but instead just made the presets rating either 5 or 0. The problem is that My preset folder is huge, with most the files in it set to 0. So no reason to have all the 0 files even there. This way I can turn preset ratings off with only my favorites in the folder.

First I would open up the .milk file "preset" with word pad, so that the search can read the file. Might not have to though.

..ok, I tied this and it din't work, I tried openin the files first in wordpad and notepad. Maybe somthing to do with them being .milk files? Any way that I can rename all file extensions to .txt?

Last edited by imus; 11th March 2004 at 06:28.
imus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2004, 20:03   #4
imus

Ok. I figured part of it out.
You need to change the .milk files to .rtf . Then, you can search for keywords within the files such as; frating=5.00000, frating=0.000000, etc.

This works nice for orginizing presets. You could delete them as you go, but it makes for a pain in the neck since you would have to follow the presets in alphebetical order and it makes watching the presets more of a job than fun.

This way you can filter whenever you want. If a preset catches your eye you can simply reach over and turn the rating to 5,. or to 0,

If you want to make a folder with ONLY your favorite presets in it, You can do a search for frating=5.00000
But the presets can't be in .milk format. Iv'e been using .rtf

The only problem that I have with all this is, I don't know of a simple way to change all the files' extensions in a folder at one time.

I tried renaming all the files at once, But it only changes the 1st file's extension and even if it did work, I still lose all the original names of the presets.

What did work, was a macro that I made with my joystick, Where I bind a bunch of keys to one button.

Mine was; "downarrow,alt,f,m,rightarrow,backspace(4x),rtf,enter,enter" then make this continue until I hit key again.

This seemed to work alright, It takes about 10 minutes for it to rename about 5 thousand files from .milk to .rtf Then 5 seconds to search for whatever rating you want, Then another 5 minutes to turn your favorite presets back to .milk.

But there HAS to be an easier way to do this. Any one know how?
Old 17th March 2004, 06:33   #5
Krash
Major Dude

I was going to tell you that you're a fool, and that you shouldn't need to change the file extension

But then I tried it myself, and it seems that you're right.

No doubt, it has something to with the 4-letter file extension, which is technically non-standard. I've no idea why windows' search function doesn't work for the .milk files. It's very odd.

Unfortunately, I don't have a better way to do it. If you really wanted, you could look around for a batch-renaming utility (or if you're enterprising, write a simple one yourself), but I daresay it would take approximately the same amount of time as the system you already have

- Krash

Eighty-three percent of all statistical quotes are made up on the spot.
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2004, 05:27   #6
imus

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....68#post1308168
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop