Old 27th May 2005, 15:50   #1
chaosLT

Send a message via ICQ to chaosLT
Searching Coder

Hi all,
iam searching for a coder for this skin i made, i cant pay, but i will support as much as i can . Hope i find someone who gonna help me :]

Old 27th May 2005, 16:48   #2
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Okay, I can do it! That looks really cool, I've always wanted to code a skin with good graphics like that. Email me at jerimiah.40[at]gmail.com with the graphics and I'll be glad to help. I don't require any pay or any kind of reward, except maybe some graphics help with other skins.

Oh yeah, normally, I'd just post the link to the "want someone to make a skin for you...", but I'm excited to do this.
jerimiah40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2005, 20:17   #3
carlosp
Major Dude

lookss really cool.
carlosp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2005, 22:23   #4
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
great one, too bad jerimiah40 was faster than me
looking forward to seeing this as a skin

Frozen skins: Gravestone Betaskins: Mushroom ::-:: The Claw
In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
-=RoNtZ=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2005, 23:51   #5
krckoorascic

Send a message via ICQ to krckoorascic Send a message via AIM to krckoorascic Send a message via Yahoo to krckoorascic
yeah very cool skin!

krckoorascic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2005, 01:19   #6
QuadHeliX
Major Dude

nice nice! me likes alot.
QuadHeliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2005, 07:02   #7
kgraphik

Send a message via AIM to kgraphik
I wonder, is it going to have the main player, eq and playlist in one window? I don't really see a separation between the three.
kgraphik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2005, 20:50   #8
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Everything's going well, but I've got a few questions:

First of all, how do I have a balance slider? Is it action="BALANCE" or is it more complicated than that?

Secondly, do I need MAKI to display whether it is Mono or Stereo? If so, can someone make a script for me?

Finally, I'm sure that I need a script to do this part. In the classic skin, there is the indicator that shows whether its playing, stopped, buffering, etc. Can someone write me a script to do that?

Thanks!
Old 29th May 2005, 20:57   #9
Naamloos
Forum King

action="PAN"
Naamloos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2005, 21:32   #10
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Doi *smaks himself on the head*, that should have been obvious. Thanks!
Another question - How would I link the sliders to the ticker, so that it shows the value of the slider? Is it a MAKI script?
Old 29th May 2005, 23:31   #11
krckoorascic

Send a message via ICQ to krckoorascic Send a message via AIM to krckoorascic Send a message via Yahoo to krckoorascic
yeap, it is
use:
code:

Slider.onSetPosition(int pos)
{
if (seeking)
{
Float f;
f = p;
f = f / 255 * 100;
Float len = getPlayItemLength();
if (len != 0)
{
int np = len * f / 100;
SongTickerTimer.start();
SongTicker.setText("SEEK:" + integerToTime(np) + "/" + integerToTime(len) + " (" + integerToString(f) + "%) ");
}
}

just look in some scripts...

Old 29th May 2005, 23:41   #12
jerimiah40
Major Dude

When I tried to compile it, it says:

Slider : unidentified identifier at lib/std.mi:2477 :
Slider.onSetPosition(int pos)

Exited with Code 4
Old 29th May 2005, 23:46   #13
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Well , did you declare your slider in the script?

Global Slider slider;
slider = mainnormal.getObject("volume");

etc etc etc
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2005, 01:15   #14
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Okay, I'll fool around with that some more later.

For now, how do I change the colors\fonts\etc of the playlist?

Also, how do I make the graph-type line in the EQ, like in the Classic Skin.

Thank you to everyone who has helped me so far!
Old 30th May 2005, 10:28   #15
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

code:

<eqvis
id="spline"
x="80" y="5"
w="115" h="15"
colortop="60,80,40"
colormiddle="255,192,255"
colorbottom="80,40,60"
colorpreamp="128,128,128"
gamma="192"
/>

Playlist colours, try looking in the system-colors.xml file from the modern skin.
Old 31st May 2005, 01:24   #16
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Okay, in case anyone's interested, I've attached a screenshot of my progress. Also, here is an updated and rewritten list of questions:

1) How do I make it display whether the current audio is Mono or Stereo?

2) How do I have an indicator that shows whether winamp is playing, stopped, paused, buffering, etc, like in the Classic Skin.

3) What are the actions for the Playlist Buttons? Like, add, delete, misc, etc.

[edit]
4) How do I remove an option from the right-click menu? I want to remove the "Playlist Editor" option, as it is part of the main window.

5) Is there any way to change the image for the scrollbar in the Playlist?
[/edit]

Actually, thats all! This is going fairly well!

Damn, never mind, no screenshot. "the file I've tried to attach is to damn big".

Last edited by jerimiah40; 31st May 2005 at 02:15.
Old 31st May 2005, 13:50   #17
krckoorascic

1) look in songinfo.m in Winamp Modern
2)
PHP Code:
<status
        id
="player.status"

x="153" y="159"

stopBitmap="status.stop"

playBitmap="status.play"

pauseBitmap="status.pause"

ghost="1"

/> 
3)
PE_ADD
PE_LISTOFLISTS
PE_LIST
PE_MISC
PE_REM
PE_SEL

4)not sure u can do that, but u mey try with configattribs and config items (i'll try to do that tonight)

5)yeap look in some skin and search for window-elements.png and window-elements.xml

Old 31st May 2005, 21:07   #18
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Location: Universe > Milkyway > Sol > Earth > Europe > Germany > Bavaria > Near Nuremberg
Send a message via ICQ to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via AIM to -=RoNtZ=- Send a message via Yahoo to -=RoNtZ=-
question to you pal:

why don't you just go through the skins' codes to find your answers?most of us did and learned coding that way.

In development: TechnodropFinished: Draculas Helmet (<-- still waiting for some color themes!) ::-:: Hal's eye
Old 1st June 2005, 19:22   #19
rohan_pwln
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by -=RoNtZ=-
question to you pal:

why don't you just go through the skins' codes to find your answers?most of us did and learned coding that way.
ChaosLT made graphics, got a marvel.. ChaosLT's art
ChaosLT wanted a scripter, got a sucker... ChaosLT's luck

Well, just kiddin'. The thing here is that all of us while learning, searched the forums, reffered to the Wasabi XML Object Reference Manual, std.mi and so on. Noone got it all right and perfect this easy way.

@ChaosLT: Graphics are simply superb and too good. Be sure to infuse a lot of MAKI in it.. don't let this one go waste. It has extreme potential and is an excellent skin. Good work.

My MAKI contribs.: STONE
My WebSite My Blog My Skins: fnk 32 Rioport v1 Sienna Burning Steel
My Saying: Eat healthy, Stay fit... Die Anyway
rohan_pwln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2005, 03:44   #20
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Okay, what is this "Wasabi XML Object Reference Manual" of which you speak? If I had known about it, I probably would have had almost no questions, except for Maki. Could someone tell me where I could find it?

As for reading through std.mi, I have, but I don't expect myself to be learning MAKI for a little while yet. I proabably will this summer though. Also, I have looked through other skins coding before, but I figured that it was easier to ask people who already knew how to do this stuff, rather than wade through the code of other skins.

When I first agreed to take this on, I told Chaos that I'm not the most amazing coder, but that I could probably manage it. I see this as a learning opportunity. Kind of like, all the fooling around that I've done have been little practise assignments and studying, and now this is the final exam. Once I've done this, I should know how to do most things involved in skinning, so I can make my own skins, without having to ask for help every few minutes (haleluia!). For now though, this is the easiest way.

However, just by working on this skin, I've figured a lot out on my own. This skin was the first time that I haven't been constantly making stupid mistakes, like forgetting to insert the groups into the layout. Also, this is the first time that I've had the background image appear on the first try. I didn't have to copy the basic layout from a tutorial, I remembered it from my other fooling around. So, even though I am still at the stage where I have to ask lots of questions, I am learning.

Because really, what good would it be to never ask for help? If I never asked for any help at all, I would never get this done, ever! I probably wouldn't even be at a point where I was confident enough to do it, if I had never asked questions. I would still be going through Frisbeemonkey's tutorial, copying the code directly out of it, and than being thrilled when it worked. Thats where I started, and now I've progressed to not using it at all.

And also, is it really that much of a problem for someone to spend maybe 2-3 minutes tops typing out a post to help a fellow skinner out? Its not like your wasting your whole day by helping me? I'm not expecting people to do it for me, just to point me in the right direction, which is what y'all have been doing, and I appreciate it a lot! The only time when it would be extremely useful to have someone do it for me, is with MAKI, which I don't understand yet. But, like I said earlier, I'm going to learn it this summer, thats my goal.

And now, back to the topic of the skin - I have the main window (whats shown in the image) almost all done, just waiting on some pressed and hover states for the buttons. Also a few more things to add (shuffle/repeat buttons, ML/VID buttons), and then on to figuring out how window-elements works.
Old 2nd June 2005, 19:08   #21
rohan_pwln
Major Dude

Hey, jerimiah40, you seem to have taken it to your heart. I was just kidding. Well, you can get the Wasabi XML reference manual from http://docs.wasabidev.org/wasabi_dev..._reference.php There's more at http://docs.wasabidev.org/wasabi_dev...ndex_using.php Well, hope this helps you. Best of luck with the skin and hey, sorry for dat sharp comment...

Contact me for any help you need.

Old 2nd June 2005, 22:24   #22
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Hey, no problem, it was late, and I took your comment, as well as Rontz's as personal insults. Now that I'm thinking clearly, I can tell that it wasn't meant as anything personal.

Thanks for that link, I think I'll probably get a fair bit of usage out of it.

Thats a screenshot of what I have so far. I have to send Chaos the background image to put the background to transparent. I'm not sure if he'll be able to though, if not I have to reedit the background image . Otherwise though, I'll post a beta once I see if its okay with Chaos.
Old 3rd June 2005, 15:01   #23
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by jerimiah40

Thats a screenshot of what I have so far. I have to send Chaos the background image to put the background to transparent. I'm not sure if he'll be able to though, if not I have to reedit the background image . Otherwise though, I'll post a beta once I see if its okay with Chaos.
You mean to say you've built what you have so far off a solid flat screenshot and not off an original set of PSD's or something?

You're braver than I thought attempting it that way if you did.
Old 4th June 2005, 04:40   #24
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Well, I don't have photoshop, and my computer can't even run it, so what I've done is at school, I have access to photoshop, so I've recieved the PSD images from school, loaded them into photoshop, than exporting to a PNG. The Gimp can technically use PSD files, but it doesn't work quite right, so the way I'm doing it is really my only option.

Well, I've received a new PSD file with a transparent background, so I'll have to crop around it a lil' bit to make it the same as my modified background with the buttons/sliders cut out. Than, the main window will be extremely close to done. But, Chaos is going to send me the image with the buttons' hover states and pressed states, which I'll have to cut out and implement. All that I can do now, is figure out how to use window-elements, which technically I could do tonight, but I might fall asleep first.
Old 4th June 2005, 10:34   #25
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by jerimiah40
... as well as Rontz's as personal insults ...
sorry that i'm asking... INSULTS??
there wasn'T anything meant as an offense or anything like that...

Old 4th June 2005, 16:24   #26
jerimiah40
Major Dude

Like I said, it was late, I wasn't really thinking straight.
Old 4th June 2005, 16:41   #27
-=RoNtZ=-
Major Dude

k then... glad you didn't take it as an offense in the end

Old 4th June 2005, 19:48   #28
rohan_pwln
Major Dude

we're not flaming him, RontZ

Old 5th June 2005, 15:37   #29
The Cool Dude

Nice skin! mak it fast i wanna donwload it!

The Cool Dude - a bit too cool
The Windows 2000 skin
Attribs Maker
The Cool Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins