Old 11th July 2008, 22:02   #1
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Opera Problems

I've been having some problems with Opera lately and I don't understand why. I have Version 9.51 Build 10081.

It's sort of an intermintant problem and i'm assuming it's something to do with a plugin. Things like Facebook, Gmail are slow and sometimes freeze up Opera. Other than that it works out fine.

When I had Opera 2.1 it started to do this, but, when I upgraded it stopped. Now it's comming back.

It's not just one computer, however i'm on a domain with a roaming profile setup so my app data is on every computer I log in to at home.

Does anyone have an idea or have the same problem??
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 22:32   #2
Omega X
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to Omega X Send a message via Yahoo to Omega X
Is it the same in a New Profile? In Firefox I would say "Safe Mode" but I don't know if Opera has one.
Omega X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2008, 23:17   #3
tuckerm
Forum Emo

I created a new user on the domain with same permissions, etc as my tuckerm profile. Facebook and Gmail appear to be fine and load normal/faster than what it is on my computer.

I should mention this is more than likely not a Windows issue, I did re-image my computer last week with fresh updates.
Old 11th July 2008, 23:23   #4
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

I don't know my opera is fine, although starts a little slow, but the rest is fine, I mean the web browsing.

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 02:20   #5
Vil

HEY EVERYBODY, LET'S GO TO THE OPERA FORUMS AND ASK THEM FOR HELP WITH WINAMP!

present day present time
Vil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 04:11   #6
tuckerm_bot

Send a message via ICQ to tuckerm_bot Send a message via AIM to tuckerm_bot Send a message via Yahoo to tuckerm_bot
Vil stop being a fucking dick. I'm asking for help because users here use Opera, if you don't have a relevant post then stay the fuck out of my thread. Stop picking on me as a target. You've been nothing but a fucking dick the last couple weeks around here and I doubt you'd treat any of the moderators like this. Knock the shit off.
tuckerm_bot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 05:42   #7
Vil

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm_bot
Vil stop being a fucking dick. I'm asking for help because users here use Opera, if you don't have a relevant post then stay the fuck out of my thread. Stop picking on me as a target. You've been nothing but a fucking dick the last couple weeks around here and I doubt you'd treat any of the moderators like this. Knock the shit off.
What makes you think I care?

present day present time
Old 12th July 2008, 07:22   #8
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm_bot
and I doubt you'd treat any of the moderators like this. Knock the shit off.
When did you become mod? Also, Vil has a valid point; Go to Opera forums.
skryingbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 07:28   #9
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
penis
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 10:06   #10
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

_bot??

Have you tried a clean install?

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 15:25   #11
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by Vil
What makes you think I care?
I don't give a fuck if you care, leave me the fuck alone.

Quote:
Originally posted by skryingbreath
When did you become mod? Also, Vil has a valid point; Go to Opera forums.
I'm not a mod, it was an example. Vil may have a vaild point but who is he to decide who can post what. Look at the last threads in GD, almost half of them have no relavance to GD and some of them are asking for help.

Get off your high horse and stop being a post nazi.

Quote:
Originally posted by Warrior of the Light
_bot??

Have you tried a clean install?
tuckerm_bot is the user that is logged in at forums.shoutcast.com. Somehow I used that domain last night.

As per the clean install, will that lose my APP data?
Old 12th July 2008, 19:46   #12
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

Quote:
Originally posted by tuckerm

I'm not a mod, it was an example. Vil may have a vaild point but who is he to decide who can post what. Look at the last threads in GD, almost half of them have no relavance to GD and some of them are asking for help.

You really shouldn't use idioms unless you know what they mean. He isn't the one who decides who posts anything, but he has every right to point out your idiocy.

Take your ball and go home already.
Old 12th July 2008, 19:50   #13
Vil

Quote:
I don't give a fuck if you care, leave me the fuck alone.

As per the clean install, will that lose my APP data?
Your cursing is really unimaginative and boring. I didn't tell you you couldn't post anything; I only pointed out how much more intelligent it would be to ask for help on the appropriate forum where experts on the subject may reside in a jovial manner, which you took as offensive for whatever reason. Whether or not other people post things relevant to the forums purpose or not is irrelevant to your actions.

Yes and no. If you do the clean install right, you should be erasing all data relevant to the program in question. If you do it the way most people do, it only includes erasing data directly related to the execution of the program and not its settings.

tl;dr Use your brain.

present day present time
Old 12th July 2008, 21:37   #14
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by Vil
Your cursing is really unimaginative and boring. I didn't tell you you couldn't post anything; I only pointed out how much more intelligent it would be to ask for help on the appropriate forum where experts on the subject may reside in a jovial manner, which you took as offensive for whatever reason. Whether or not other people post things relevant to the forums purpose or not is irrelevant to your actions.
I take offense because you guys all feel the need to gang up on me. If it was posted by any other user here I doubt you would have posted anything. You all see the need to pick my posts apart.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vil
Yes and no. If you do the clean install right, you should be erasing all data relevant to the program in question. If you do it the way most people do, it only includes erasing data directly related to the execution of the program and not its settings.
I'll grab a backup of my app data and then do a clean install on a differnt box and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: It seems to be working, i'll try it over night and see if that works. I don't know what the problem could be but we'll see.
Old 12th July 2008, 22:35   #15
Vil

Quote:
I take offense because you guys all feel the need to gang up on me. If it was posted by any other user here I doubt you would have posted anything. You all see the need to pick my posts apart.
You aren't the center of the world; just like you aren't the only person this happens to. Deal with it.

present day present time
Old 12th July 2008, 23:05   #16
skryingbreath
Post initializing...

Quote:
I'll grab a backup of my app data and then do a clean install on a differnt box and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: It seems to be working, i'll try it over night and see if that works. I don't know what the problem could be but we'll see.
I think a "thank you, Vil" is in order.
Old 12th July 2008, 23:30   #17
Vil

Quote:
Why would he? He never has before.

馬鹿。

present day present time
Old 13th July 2008, 03:54   #18
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Quote:
Originally posted by Vil
You aren't the center of the world; just like you aren't the only person this happens to. Deal with it.
I know i'm not, but the tendancy around here is to pick on me more than others but do correct me if i'm wrong.

Quote:
I don't know if i'm out of the clear yet...like I said when I first loaded Opera 9.51 it was fast but then it was slow. None the less Skry is right, Thank you Vil.
Old 13th July 2008, 04:14   #19
Joel
Debian user
(Forum King)

I never ask you..are you using Windows, Linux or Mac? Because, yeah, it's slow sometimes. Maybe is the new engine, dunno.

* PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with MATE.
* Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with MATE.
Joel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2008, 04:21   #20
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Windows XP SP2 on a domain with Windows Server 2003.

Although, my brother had some problems with Facebook lagging his Opera out also but he's not on our Domain.

The only thing that is similar to my setup and his is that I often Re-image our computers when they start to slow down, etc but I don't think re-imageing would cause a problem.
Old 16th July 2008, 23:49   #21
mp3melen

Solution: Get Firefox 3!
mp3melen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2008, 14:24   #22
mp3melen

well I 'm using opera ever sinc eit's launched in the market. Even the newer version I haven't come across anykind of problems till now. i think you haven't downloaded the new version properly.
mp3melen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2008, 09:27   #23
MrRobot

Send a message via ICQ to MrRobot
Man.. I always have opera problems when my girl want's to go to one. Seats are too small for a good sleep, and this fat woman in the dark shouts at my face with everything she has.

Quote:
HEY EVERYBODY, LET'S GO TO THE OPERA FORUMS AND ASK THEM FOR HELP WITH WINAMP!
Though not a good idea, why not if it's a starbucks forum? =)

Quote:
i think you haven't downloaded the new version properly.
A proper download?

tuckerm :
You gotta calm down man, no need to swear that much, that pulls reactions.

Btw, oh yeah, firefox community is always here to embrace you =)
It may be related to flashes on the site or something. If it was fx, I would tell you to turn off the flash and try, look at the network monitor to see file latencies etc.

Good luck

Last edited by MrRobot; 18th July 2008 at 09:49.
MrRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions