Old 20th May 2011, 02:21   #3041
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post
All firearms are legal in the state of West Virginia. I just want them because they're awesome. And admit it, when a round has the word "Tyrannosaur" or "Nitro" in it, of course you'd want it.
Cartridge collector?

Weird, but whatever; I can see it existing...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 20th May 2011, 02:28   #3042
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Send a message via AIM to SSJ4 Gogitta
Rawr.

Old 23rd May 2011, 02:41   #3043
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
Pretty badass... will you ever have a gun that can shoot them?

Don't forget to live before you die.
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:01   #3044
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc*uk View Post
No, I told you, he's a Jumbo Poodle (I bought him a poodle suit and told him he must always wear it for a year.

Not to pick on you SSJ4, but armor piercing rounds. Really? I know you did it because you could. But really, for people aside from you, what's the real legitimate use for that?

So, let me get this straight. Anyone can get armor piercing rounds to kill law enforcement people, but I got a list of places I can't take my dog because he's going to kill people? I call bullshit.
The Felix Unger ploy! I so approve!
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:41   #3045
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Location: West Virginia Googolplex: 10^10¹°° FB:/SSJ4.DominusDeus DeviantArt: DominusDeus XboX GT: A Wild Meeseeks Playstation 4: DominusDeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
Pretty badass... will you ever have a gun that can shoot them?
At $4,000 for the cheapest Barret .50, no.

Old 23rd May 2011, 22:08   #3046
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ4 Gogitta View Post
At $4,000 for the cheapest Barret .50, no.
Or get an AR-50 for an average price of ~$2500, if you don't mind a less-fancy bolt-action single shot...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 26th May 2011, 00:12   #3047
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

4 new CDs with Deep House (from Plastic City), Ambient and Lounge. If I would feel better than now, I would play them now, of course...
Old 26th May 2011, 05:16   #3048
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Send a message via Yahoo to Too-DAMN-Much
bought a couple copies of terraria for me and my roommate and a good friend.

however, i'm getting no closer on deciding whether or not i should grab another 6GB of pc1333 while the prices are half decent, i've currently got 6GB + 1024MB(vram) and honestly i think 2GB is close to the limit java will actually use (even when forced to) anyway.

that and it's difficult to get a straight answer in any sort of way what the maximum amount that this gigabyte EX58-UD4P will even recognize on 64 bit OS is in the fucking first place [/raging at noobs]

I hate everyone, so you don't have to.
Old 26th May 2011, 13:02   #3049
gaekwad2
Foorum King

If you use Java then your biggest performance boost would be achieved by not using Java.
Old 26th May 2011, 13:08   #3050
johnmarley

Sexy Hummer...
Old 26th May 2011, 13:46   #3051
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaekwad2 View Post
If you use Java then your biggest performance boost would be achieved by not using Java.

well.... no shit, but unfortunately only notch can underp notch.

yeah i know, weird innit? i'm almost more motivated to get more ram for running a minecraft server than i am for..... well... getting more ram! (who needs a reason, really?)

oh and i hope the child posting above enjoys his toy too - said the hummer dealer to his partner with a snicker.

Old 27th May 2011, 08:06   #3052
rockouthippie
Banned

Batman: Arkane Asylum.... I like it....
Old 30th May 2011, 21:48   #3053
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Toilet paper.

That stuff is getting pretty expensive for something you just flush down the toilet.

Old 30th May 2011, 22:18   #3054
rockouthippie
Banned

I got one of these Vizio sound bars @ costco for $80. Yep. It's not as good as 5.1, but it does sound pretty nice. It's main claim to fame is it has "SRS Tru-sound" which does a fine job of quieting audio compressed commercials.
Old 30th May 2011, 22:50   #3055
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Yeah, Renee and I get mad at each other if the opposite person has the remote control and yet doesn't hit mute when a commercial comes on. We usually try to do the "dvr-buffer" meaning we let it record for a while before starting to watch so that we can skip over commercials, but sometimes we forget to do that.

Old 30th May 2011, 22:54   #3056
rockouthippie
Banned

Yeah, I time shift and commercial skip most of the regular TV I watch. Skipping the commercials won't save you from getting blasted before you hit the skip button.

An early example I remember. In Portland 30 years ago...

Tom Petersons "wake up" sale went badly one night. This commercial used to play at 3am LOUD. Tom probably woke up 20,000 people on a nightly basis. He made me toss a pillow at the TV once or twice.

Until one rainy 24 hour sale.....

Tom got bitch slapped by a guy who woke up and didn't want a free haircut. The guy said "Wake Up! Wake Up!" and slapped poor Tom around. Tom didn't have any more wake up sales.

The "SRS Tru-volume" is probably something you want in your new TV. Some TV's have this built in. It does diminish the surround effect, but it's a good tradeoff.

We didn't have this technology in 1983. Could it have saved Tom Peterson a beating?
Old 31st May 2011, 18:14   #3057
Accessory Geeks

I've got the Otterbox commuter case for my Samsung Captivate for only $17. It was a great buy, in my opinion.
Old 31st May 2011, 23:53   #3058
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I can remember it being a real big thing when Magnavox came out with "Smart Sound" (after some googling I found it to be 1992). It made watching TV a lot less painful. On movies it's nice to disable those kinds of things, but in broadcast TV, it gets annoying when there's too much dynamic contrast.

Old 1st June 2011, 20:28   #3059
Too-DAMN-Much
The Big Bad Boots
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally Posted by swingdjted View Post
I can remember it being a real big thing when Magnavox came out with "Smart Sound" (after some googling I found it to be 1992). It made watching TV a lot less painful. On movies it's nice to disable those kinds of things, but in broadcast TV, it gets annoying when there's too much dynamic contrast.
yep, volume leveling, whatever monicker it goes by really is essential for certain types of videos and... well... little more than a pain in the ass for others, i can't tell you how much i annoy myself when i forgot to turn it off for watching movies on the comp.

last thing i bought.... pack of cigs, yeah boring i know, still floundering on that extra 6gb of ram.
hell, i could actually use a case upgrade fairly badly too, i'm tempted to get this antec lanboy air case but it's not a screwless designed case which is a total no brainer in this day and age and honestly it seems near perfect and fits a ton of fans, even ones that unlike my cooler master HAF case i can find replacements for (stupid gigantic oddball sizes) so i'm pretty indecisive, screwless design is literally a must for me anything else seems like a downgrade, but then again as long as i stick with the HAF once a fan dies i literally can't replace it, i've looked for their size everywhere i can think of.

Old 1st June 2011, 22:18   #3060
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Some people buy the closest sized fan without going bigger, and then cut a template to mount it on. If it's a hidden fan that you don't really see, that can help save you in a pinch. Sometimes a reduction in diameter isn't necessarily a reduction in flow. Some models can push a lot of air without being big or loud.

As for a new case, the only major reason I can see getting one is to get a new look if you're into aesthetics, although some just want more ins/outs or more bays, or maybe something is functionally wrong with the old case.

Personally, when building this computer, I just got the biggest, ugliest case I could find, because it had more capabilities than anything else on the market at the time. I have seen some people dress this particular case up really well, but I just needed it for the function. It even has wheels, which I now don't want to ever live without anymore.

While the Lanboy Air case does have a nice industrial look, I'd be worried that it would be a dust nightmare and would also fail to keep airflow going the intended direction (no solid sidewalls to direct airflow). This design would also require extremely quiet components since the lack of solid sidewalls will allow all sounds to travel directly to your ear unobstructed rather than being contained within. But, if your components stay cool and quiet on their own, it might not be a problem for you.

Old 8th June 2011, 00:51   #3061
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I Got Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX
as a gift. I ♥ it. My other mouse sucked dead sneakers!
Old 12th June 2011, 01:37   #3062
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Come to think of dead sneakers, I just trashed a pair today. They were old Reeboks that did great things for me for probably around a decade or more. I picked them up cheap at Prime Outlets for around $20 for the pair.

Dead now, but they sure were comfortable for a long, long time.

Last bought: a queen-sized air mattress (pictured sitting on top of a king sized regular mattress that I’ve already had for a while). I am going on a 1,000+ mile move soon (I’ll post more about new jobs and new location later), and there will be nights where the real bed will be in a moving truck, so I thought this cheap, portable gem would bridge the gap, and it will help when I camp over the summer after the move too (we spend most of our summer nights in a tent). I used to use egg-shell foam mats, but they’ve already been used for furniture padding to keep things from getting ruined during the trip. I know nothing about this “Intex” brand; it was the only decent looking thing at the store here in this tiny town. These air mattresses have a bad reputation for leaking, but I figure if I get 10 good nights out of this, I’ll feel it was worth the purchase. I'll be camping many dozens of nights, but if this thing dies, I'll still have the old foam mats.

Old 13th June 2011, 05:48   #3063
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

I don't know why, but I can't sleep on bow up mattresses. I can do a sleeping bag better than a blow up.Why? I dunno...
Old 13th June 2011, 23:52   #3064
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

I slept on a blow-up mattress when I was visiting my cousin/uncle in Albuquerque, since they didn't have a proper mattress for me...It was alright, but it still felt weird, and pure tiredness is the only thing that made me actually fall asleep on it...

Compared to that, I have an easier time just sleeping on the floor, propping myself on my rucksack...

Old 14th June 2011, 01:28   #3065
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^Yeah. That's true for me as well. Just throw me a blankie and a pillow and I'm good.
Old 14th June 2011, 17:54   #3066
SCarlisle

Tickets for the Miami of Ohio Missouri football game!
Old 14th June 2011, 20:44   #3067
beanboy89
(Major Dude)
isn't very custom

Lunch at Subway.
Old 15th June 2011, 13:11   #3068
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

The Casull, Nitro, M-H and Nyati are all new.

Old 16th June 2011, 16:20   #3069
rockouthippie
Banned

My brother gave me a "hand me down" Iphone 3. I'm using it as an ipod touch for the time being. Other than having to sync it with itunes, it's a pretty neat little toy I wouldn't have bought in a million years.
Old 17th June 2011, 02:01   #3070
beanboy89
(Major Dude)
isn't very custom

$43.50 in gas... 12.222 gallons.
Old 17th June 2011, 07:47   #3071
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

Old 18th June 2011, 01:12   #3072
beanboy89
(Major Dude)
isn't very custom

17" LCD monitor, USB keyboard, USB mouse at garage sales. $7 for all.
Old 18th June 2011, 15:41   #3073
cooky560
Major Dude

Send a message via MSN to cooky560 Send a message via Yahoo to cooky560 Send a message via Skype™ to cooky560
Not bad

$6 lunch from the pub :P

Cooky560 - Making Pointless Posts since 8/12/ 2002

WWW.
Victory Requires no explanation, defeat allows none.
All that Evil needs to triumph is for good men to do nothing
Old 20th June 2011, 17:10   #3074
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmo View Post
Woah! Cool ! (I wonder what it does?)
Old 20th June 2011, 17:27   #3075
Atmo
The Freak
(Forum King)

It's a car audio processor. Hook up a laptop and it provides a lot of tuning options (delay, equalizer, crossover etc.) to correct any acoustic problems in the car.
Old 20th June 2011, 19:08   #3076
Widdykats
The Forum Slut

^You such a polite person, Atmo. You always answer a question.
Old 20th June 2011, 23:54   #3077
spookz

rated 120 watts
used with a 100 watt amp
front in a 5.1 system

i bought the first pair 2 months ago
zapped it with test signals and blew the tweeters out in both speakers
sneakily exchanged it for a second pair

blew the tweeter out in one speaker
was going to exchange but felt guilty so...

..went out and bought the third pair...
...today

wish me luck

sPooKZ
Old 21st June 2011, 00:59   #3078
mysterious_w
Forum King

Cider, because it's cheap and tastes good.

Old 21st June 2011, 12:19   #3079
SSJ4 Gogitta
Followed by Gnomes
(Forum King)

Display case. Need a slightly larger piece of felt, though, and some pieces of thin foam to place under the felt if I want to add smaller rounds to it.

From left to right: .50 BMG API, .500 Nitro Express, .577/450 Martini-Henry, .585 Nyati, 8mm Lebel (1917), .30-30 Winchester, three .454 Casulls, .44 Magnum, .357 Magnum

Old 22nd June 2011, 16:44   #3080
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spookz View Post
..went out and bought the third pair...
...today
If you called Sony, I bet they would just send you new tweeters free. If not, you should be able to buy them a lot cheaper than buying a whole new speaker. I have cooked a lot of tweeters. I have not had a name brand manufacturer not replace blown drivers during the warranty. If you feel guilty (I wouldn't) they would probably also have new drivers for you to buy at much less than new speakers. Tweeters like those are probably only about $15.

One thing you should think about is that the volume knob doesn't mean that you aren't actually exceeding the rated amplifier power. My amp does 165w a channel at .01% THD. If you don't mind lousy fidelity, it can push well over 200 watts into a speaker.

How high should you turn the amp up? Half way or you're likely to eat parts. Remember volume controls are logarithmic. On your amp, it's likely that "half way" is probably somewhere around 80 watts.

Another thing to consider is the voltage of the input source. Amps are built to take 1 volt on their preamplifier. If you have hooked the amp to a mixer, EQ, computer or like that, you may be exceeding 1 volt on the input. That means 100% on the volume knob might push the amp well past it's nominal output rating.

The short story is: Half or 2/3rds .... don't touch that dial more...

It isn't loud enough? Remember.... it takes 4 times as much power to make something sound twice as loud. You aren't getting much louder, you're just burning parts.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions