Old 9th August 2019, 14:58   #1
iisbv

Can Winamp be used in a corporate environment?

Hello folks,
I've tried to find this info, to no avail. Is there an official statement that winamp can or cannot be used inside a company? We have about 1000 users currently using winamp for mp3 listening and someone suggested it is illegal to use it in a corporate environment. Is this true and should we replace it with something open source, or can we continue using it without an issue? I'm looking for a connoisseur' s opinon, backed by an official link, not personal opinions, we have those already
Regards,
iisbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2019, 20:12   #2
TimbreWolf

There is a licence agreement included in the installer. So, I would start by reading that. I am not a lawyer but was under the impression that it is usually more of a question of whether it is being used for personal or commercial use, rather than the environment it is being used in. I would be extremely surprised if there is any issue with this whatsoever. Considering it is free software, without a paid option being available, I imagine the current owners are simply after as many users as possible of any kind. What benefit could there possibly be for anyone in disallowing this?
TimbreWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2019, 20:14   #3
TimbreWolf

P.S. A couple of older discussions on this:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=61672
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=129915
TimbreWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2019, 12:43   #4
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

yes you can use it in a company. Winamp is freeware. NASA has sent laptops to the ISS with winamp installed.
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
corporate, source