Old 12th November 2002, 20:36   #1
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to PhotoFx
How many angels fit on your head?

I was talking with a friend of mine, and she said "the way you see other people depends on how you see yourself." she was also suprised when i told her that there've been maybe 5 people (including middle school, though i don't know why) that i've been attracted enough to to want to go out with, or some such, in my entire life. And i was dumb and naieve enough to go out with someone who i didn't really like, just because i liked the idea of going out with someone (she even had to ask me twice, cause i said no the first time). as of now, that person is not my friend, and i havn't talked to her in 3 and a half years.

my friend, needless to say (yet here i go: ), has been strongly attracted to far more people than me. but, i guess the difference is that a lot of the time she's been the one to find out that things wouldn't work out in the long run with whomever it was. with me, on the other hand, that has never happend, either because who i was interested in didn't return the feelings, or it was a joint decision (at the beginning (not going into that here)).

point being, what dose this say about me? that i'm picky, or repressed, or that i make poor decisions, or what? what would this same argument say about you?

PhotoFx -[=]-"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
PhotoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2002, 03:07   #2
sgtfuzzbubble011

It says to me that you set high standards for yourself. And that's a good thing.

Throughout my life, there's been many women that I found very attractive and would have liked to get to know them better, but I never acted on them. There's been several intellectually inclined women that I found attractive for some of the same (and many different) reasons, but I never acted on those, either. My first two girlfriends were people that I didn't know well before going out with them. They were more like acquaintances than anything else. I simply dated them because I found them attractive and moderately intellectual, even if they weren't the brightest crayons in the box. As I got to know them a little better, things fell apart. But oh well, that's in the past. My last girlfriend had been a friend of mine for well over a year before I dated her. I knew her much better than the other two, so things lasted longer even if they did fail. She's a smart person, but she lacks a little common sense sometimes. I'm guilty of that, too.

I think the reason that my first two relationships failed is because I didn't know either of them well enough. If I had gotten to know them better beforehand, then I wouldn't have dated either of them. Hindsight is 20/20, ya know. My last girlfriend? I dunno. I don't think there's much more I could have done to save that relationship, whether I'd known her well or not.

My problem isn't setting standards for myself too high or too low, it's that I'm not setting them at all, I think.
sgtfuzzbubble011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2002, 03:22   #3
duet maxwell
Major Dudette

Re: How many angels fit on your head?

Quote:
Originally posted by PhotoFx
... there've been maybe 5 people (including middle school, though i don't know why) that i've been attracted enough to to want to go out with, or some such, in my entire life....

.. with me, on the other hand, that has never happend, either because who i was interested in didn't return the feelings, or it was a joint decision (at the beginning (not going into that here)).

point being, what dose this say about me? that i'm picky, or repressed, or that i make poor decisions, or what? what would this same argument say about you?
well i feel same way.. in my whole life theres only bin 3 i have bin atrackted enough to want to go out with.. im shy but i did reviel my feelings.. nothing happend with 2 cause one i care about liek a brother now taht i know him better and teh other one well..he wasnt ready for any one ( evil girl messe dhim up for teh rest of teh girls in teh world) and the one special guy.. it just didnt work out..nothign we could do in our situation ( wich im not gona bring out hear eather) anyways..
i wont go out with someone just to go out with soemone, never have and whont start now.. im one of those people who rather wait for the right one than go fishing and tossing back the bad ones, i guess it makes me seem picky.. but i have this ideal for myself... that if i meet the right guy he will feel good to know i waited for him ... i know im weird
duet maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2002, 03:28   #4
PhotoFx
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to PhotoFx
Re: Re: How many angels fit on your head?

Quote:
Originally posted by duet maxwell
i wont go out with someone just to go out with soemone, never have and whont start now.. im one of those people who rather wait for the right one than go fishing and tossing back the bad ones, i guess it makes me seem picky.. but i have this ideal for myself... that if i meet the right guy he will feel good to know i waited for him ... i know im weird
wierd? heck, respectable even. it's nice to know there are some of you, even though they're seemingly impossible to find. at least i can say the one time i went out with someone just to go out, she had to ask me twice... and i was a young'un... the truly sad thing about that one is that we were friends afterwards... untill i was honest about that once facet. havn't talked to her since. despite the length, it wasn't a serious relationship. i've only had one of those, though it's all i've ever looked for.

PhotoFx -[=]-"Visual forms are not inherent in themselves, but are granted by the act of seeing..." -Trevor Goodchild
PhotoFx is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions