Old 10th May 2003, 05:13   #1
drjimbeam

my 1st post

hello i was looking on winamp for a question that i had and found the forums and so thought this would be the best place to answer the question and sure many of you have had the same before here it is
i love winamp not willing to use anything else but was wondering i hve so many songs and sometimes the artist just blows my mind and was wishing that there was a way to search your playlist for a certain song and if not what would it take to try to get someone to do this (a new skin that will make this happen) looking to have something that will search all my songs in playlist by title, artist album or song all would be better
thanks guys and love you winamp
Old 10th May 2003, 06:30   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
Quoted from the Winamp3 FAQ...
Quote:
How do I search the playlist?
Currently press the F3 key. Ctrl Up/Down selects results. Ctrl-Enter plays the track. A Winamp 2.X style Jump feature (J) will be implemented in a future release. Until then, download/install the J-key component for Winamp3, created by board member yonido...
Download | Discussion
Install it & simply press 'j' to use. enter = plays the selected item, shift-enter = enqueues it.
checkout the preferences window (ctrl+p) for more options.
Important: For those of you using yonido's earlier version, first close Winamp3 and delete these 3 files... j.wac, j.maki & j.xml. Then run the installer for the updated version.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Old 10th May 2003, 14:13   #3
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

New version of the J component here
Old 10th May 2003, 21:52   #4
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Thanks for the heads up, DJ. My quote from the FAQ above has been updated.
Old 13th May 2003, 17:00   #5
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Component has been officially published. The FAQ has been updated...
Quote:
How do I search the playlist?
Currently press the F3 key. Ctrl Up/Down selects results. Ctrl+Enter plays the track. A Winamp 2.X style Jump feature (J) will be implemented in a future release. Until then, download/install the Jump To File feature for Winamp3 component, created by board member yonido...
Download | Discussion
Install it & simply press 'j' to use. Enter = plays the selected item, Shift+Enter = enqueues it.
Checkout the preferences window (CTRL+P) for more options.

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion