Old 23rd May 2005, 21:48   #1
Sherwin Maxawow

Send a message via AIM to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Yahoo to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Skype™ to Sherwin Maxawow
All of my favorite presets....

You all know how long it takes to go through your whole archive of presets, weeding out the ones that arent worth seeing much, while rating the best ones so that they come up more often. Its something that has taking me a long time to get a folder that shows only the very best presets in my opinion. I think most people would agree on my opinions too.
Certain presets like Eo.S. And Phat's Glowsticks mixes, I like so much that I made exra copies of them by changing the names slightly, just so they will come up more often.
Well after months of doing all this I now have come up with a folder with about 30 pages of all the greatest stuff that I think others will agree on too.
Would anyone here like to download my greatest preset hits in a zip folder? I feel like it might be nice for some people who dont have all the time to go through them and rate them like I have.
Would anyone here like a copy of this folder for themselves? Let me know
Sherwin Maxawow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2005, 23:21   #2
someusername

any presets older than one year in there? i probably have pretty much everything posted since but i'd like to take a look at it...
someusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 03:30   #3
unchained
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to unchained
If 99% of the presets are mine, I'm all for it. Otherwise, get bent.
unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 06:16   #4
Sherwin Maxawow

Send a message via AIM to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Yahoo to Sherwin Maxawow Send a message via Skype™ to Sherwin Maxawow
I'm not sure how to send this file without knowing your email adress. I dont see any options for attaching a zip file.

Walking right along that--thin--fine--line- in between -GENIUS & iNsAniTy-...like a tightrope!
Old 24th May 2005, 09:19   #5
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Unchained you have yet failed to make me burst out with laughter. Sherwin yes send them to my email StudioMusic3@hotmail.com SM
StudioMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2005, 14:42   #6
unchained
Major Dude

Send a message via Yahoo to unchained
email works (still_unchained@hotmail.com) or you could just attach the zip file. the option's cleverly hidden next to the words "Attach file:" when you post.
unchained is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2005, 05:53   #7
Sherwin Maxawow

Cleverly hidden...haha. I did happen to see it but my zip file was too big, as it only accepts a Maximum size: 102400 bytes. I'll email it to you however.

Walking right along that--thin--fine--line- in between -GENIUS & iNsAniTy-...like a tightrope!
Old 25th May 2005, 13:22   #8
someusername

Sherwin, first check whether your zip utility has an option for breaking a zip into multiple volumes of predefined size. This feature tends to become obsolete but i think most of the software still supports it. If yes, upload all the files in successive posts. if not... well my e-mail is infecsid@hotmail.com, you know the rest
someusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2005, 12:55   #9
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Sherwin, how is the preset pack going. Still waiting. SM
StudioMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2005, 22:20   #10
Sherwin Maxawow

Hi StudioMusic, I sincerely apologize to you and to everyone else who has been waiting patiently on me to send the goods I promised. Quite honestly I sort of spaced it off intentionally just because I started to realize inside that my 31 page greatest hits pack isn't really that great and could probably be a lot better with a little more polishing.
At the time I created it a few months ago, I was really stuck on a specific kind of reactive preset, which is the kind that zoom in and out with the beat of the music.
But don't get me wrong. Its still a good pack, and I think people will mostly agree. But it can indeed be better.
So that is why I blew it off until just now, simply because I made it sound better than it is. I am sure its partly just related to me seeing the same set of presets to the point that I am just sick of them now.
I will still send them and I will do it right after I finish this post. Tell me what you think too. Perhaps we can all work on making the ultimate GREATEST HITS pack, which I think is a cool idea. There are some presets that are pure gold, but some of them have only one or two mixes, and even after being rated a 5, they still rarely ever come up. This is why I came up with the brilliant and completely genius idea of making several copies of the same preset and just slightly change the file names! Now if that idea isn't Nobel prize worthy, I don't know what is.
Anyhow, this is the only way I have found of getting Milkdrop to run those special presets that definitely deserve to be seen a lot more often than they are normally seen, even with a 5 rating.

Old 9th August 2006, 20:59   #11
pulguilla

why if i search with the windows search tool inside milkdrop directory for "Rating=1" or "Rating=2".. it doesnt come up with any file? im getting pissed with windows
pulguilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 21:04   #12
pulguilla

im gonna delete one by one like you (opening each on notepad ++)..but... i wanna make sure fRating=3 means that MY (and not the average)rating for that one is 3...is it my rating the "f"Rating command or the average one?? please, thx
Old 9th August 2006, 21:07   #13
pulguilla

BTW Sherwin i want those selected presets on a zip..
or could you just post the names here if we all have them??
thx buddies
Old 10th August 2006, 02:06   #14
redi jedi
Will code for food

there is no average rating, if you rate it at something, thats its rating. we(preset writers) try to release them all at 3 and let the users decide.... i personaly turn off ratings

frating is ither what it was when you got it, or what you set it to.

Blah!
redi jedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets