Old 27th January 2009, 17:58   #1
Syzygy

Large-Font Song Title Banner

I have seen the question asked in these forums, but I have not found the answer:

Is there a way to display a much-larger-font Title + Artist banner for the currently playing song? Can the size of the banner be increased within a given skin? Or has someone created a skin that has an unusually large banner? I would like to be able to spot the "Currently Playing" info at a glance, rather than having to walk up close to my tiny monitor. As you can probably tell, I know nothing about writing skins - - so I need to ask this question.

Thanks!
Syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2009, 23:00   #2
J_Darnley
Forum King

Send a message via ICQ to J_Darnley
No (well sort of), no (again sort of) and yes. See Nullsoft Media Player 10, 1010 Fullscreen, KameleonDUI for some large songticker skins.

As for the first two, on Modern Skins you can manually change the font for the songticker by using the font mapper in Prefs -> Skins -> Modern Skins -> Font Rendering tab. But if you make the font too large it will start clipping on the edge of the songticker area so this is of limited help. A bold font might be easier to read.

Winamp ATF ReferenceMy cPro timer widgetMy port of AVS
Do NOT email me with general tech support questions.
J_Darnley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 00:14   #3
JonnyMac

Or, try a title display screen-saver.

Also, click here for the skins that J_Darnley mentioned. Anunaki110 and Alpha Media Player may be worth a try as well.

Please do not PM me for tech support. Any request for tech support through PM will be ignored.
Read the Stickies
---> | | | | <--- Knowledge is power
JonnyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 15:31   #4
Syzygy

Many thanks to J_Darnley and JonnyMac for the suggestions. I was spending a lot of time trying dozens and dozens of skins. You have provided some great shortcuts for me. Can't wait to get home and try them out tonight.
Syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion