Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Old 10th April 2015, 17:05   #1
ctrujillo

New Shoutcast installation adding a html5 player to status page

This is anoying and I dont know why is dong this.

After installing shoutcast I noticed that the new version is adding what seems to be a simple html5 player on the status page. I do not want this as I want my listeners to only listen to my radio from the radio page.

Does anyone know how to remove this?
I have attached a screenshot.
ctrujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 17:39   #2
Sockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctrujillo View Post
This is anoying and I dont know why is dong this.

After installing shoutcast I noticed that the new version is adding what seems to be a simple html5 player on the status page. I do not want this as I want my listeners to only listen to my radio from the radio page.

Does anyone know how to remove this?
I have attached a screenshot.
You do realize people can get the stream file and listen in Winamp/iTunes/Media Player?

serverIport/stream.nsv (or .mp3 or just /; )
Sockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2015, 17:42   #3
DrO

ctrujillo: what you're seeing (which wasn't attached) is the default HTML5 audio control for the browser being used. it is only shown (currently) for MP3 streams and there is not a direct option to hide it (with it being added as it makes testing / connecting to the stream easier for those who were asking for it).

if you only want people to access the stream via a specific page (not that it stops them playing the stream if they know the direct DNAS stream url) then you can use hidestats=all along with setting redirecturl=<insert_desired_page> and then no one will be able to see the DNAS's pages and will instead be redirected.

with doing that, you will then need to ensure any stats requests have a password provided and to login to the DNAS (if required), then you will need to manually specify the /admin.cgi url along with a valid password parameter.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2015, 22:20   #4
Unknown Artist

The lastest release has the stream url missing the ; at the end, html5 players typically don't work well in this case, plus I've also noticed that the source tag causes a lot of problems, ordinarily it's best to place the source of the stream in the source attribute in the <audio> tag like

<audio preload="none" src="http://iport/stream?sid=<sid>">

What I do with SHOUTcast otherwise on TuneIn
Unknown Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2015, 22:28   #5
DrO

the semi-colon is only potentially needed for the first stream on a DNAS, for all other streams on the DNAS then the streampath (manual or default is used).

i am taking on board the comments people have made about playback issues with the addition of the html5 audio control in the 2.4.7 release. but all testing we'd done, it never showed up such issues in needing to have the semi-colon present (but it'll be force added as needed in a later DNAS build) and so makes me wonder what is so different that is causing issues (especially as one example case of it not working, worked fine all on test systems tried despite it not working for the specific broadcaster).

as for the location of the source tag, what specific issues ? are there examples ? as what was done was the preferred method from what I'd researched at the time, so I will not make any changes to that without concrete evidence.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2016, 22:37   #6
JVonD

the crappy part is that the HTML5 player doesn't stop collecting data when the stop/pause button is pushed. So if someone leaves the page up after turning it off it keeps using bandwidth. I wanted to use it but after noticing that I scrapped it. Wordpress has really kickass players if you get the "radio forge" app. Thank god for that guy!

"Memories are what life is..." ~JVonD
JVonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 11:45   #7
neralex
Major Dude

JVonD, that is not true. You an control the HTML5 audio player via Javascript / jQuery to drop the source while using the <audio> element for playing streams.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-stop-function

There exists a plenty of jQuery player, which can handle this inside a simple HTML5 document. These player can be embedded also in each CMS or blog-system.

But ya for sure, the best way to play audiostreams are native applications, because each browser has another audio/video playback/buffering handling on different operating systems.
neralex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2016, 17:09   #8
JVonD

Quote:
Originally Posted by neralex View Post
JVonD, that is not true. You an control the HTML5 audio player via Javascript / jQuery to drop the source while using the <audio> element for playing streams.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...-stop-function

There exists a plenty of jQuery player, which can handle this inside a simple HTML5 document. These player can be embedded also in each CMS or blog-system.

But ya for sure, the best way to play audiostreams are native applications, because each browser has another audio/video playback/buffering handling on different operating systems.
Thanks! Good to know. I guess I was only testing the player that was built into the status page when I embedded it.

"Memories are what life is..." ~JVonD
JVonD is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support