Old 25th October 2001, 14:19   #1
golferboy32531

How do I make WA3 Beta 1 love my main WinAmp?

When I get a stream from www.winamp.com or www.digitallyimported.com, it uses my old WA 2.73. So how do I get the stream to stream to my WA3???
Old 25th October 2001, 16:08   #2
midas

hi guy,

you have to edit the file extensions by hand. open a folder-window. then go to view->options... there you will find the file types. here you have to edit the extensions by hand.... so it will work...

the other thing you can do is to wait for the final!

or copy the stream-url and paste it into the windamp3-playlist

midas
Old 25th October 2001, 16:16   #3
jarsonic
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jarsonic
Open up studio.xnf in the Winamp3 directory, and search for this line:
code:

<entry name="ext_mp3" value="0" />

Change the "value=0" to "value=1"

There you go. you can also do this for the other file extensions in the studio.xnf.

This should be around line 70-80 in studio.xnf.

Enjoy.

- Jarsonic

do justly | love mercy | walk humbly
Old 25th October 2001, 18:45   #4
KrunkedUp187

Send a message via ICQ to KrunkedUp187 Send a message via AIM to KrunkedUp187 Send a message via Yahoo to KrunkedUp187
U shouldn't, cuz its a developers beta

Listen all of u who wanna use WA3 as ur default player... Forget It! It's a BETA. That means its in testing. Not only is it a beta, but it's a developer's beta, so it was basically released so skin and plug-in developers could get a head start, so u will have tons of cool skins to choose from when it comes at next year. I have used WA since it was still version 1, back in the day when it was shareware. It used to actually cost 10 bux ! And still, i use the newer 2.77 as my default, and eagerly await the official release. Besides, its slow b/c they haven't optimized the code yet. Also, ID3's dont work, so the sleek library feature isnt really worth it. O, and all u who think it sounds better, WA3 HAS THE SAME MP3 ENGINE.

Alpha Pi Lambda Fraternity... never dry, baby...

i get laid more than fritos - Ludacris
Old 25th October 2001, 20:06   #5
lambda

I indeed use winamp3 as my default player for mp3s. with 2000+ files, this does really make more fun, not only b/c the playlist and the media library. I don't have any problems with the current build, directsound output works fine, so why should i use anything else (for mp3)?
Old 26th October 2001, 05:59   #6
jarsonic
Major Dude

Re: U shouldn't, cuz its a developers beta

Quote:
Originally posted by KrunkedUp187
Listen all of u who wanna use WA3 as ur default player... Forget It! It's a BETA. That means its in testing. Not only is it a beta, but it's a developer's beta, so it was basically released so skin and plug-in developers could get a head start, so u will have tons of cool skins to choose from when it comes at next year. I have used WA since it was still version 1, back in the day when it was shareware. It used to actually cost 10 bux ! And still, i use the newer 2.77 as my default, and eagerly await the official release. Besides, its slow b/c they haven't optimized the code yet. Also, ID3's dont work, so the sleek library feature isnt really worth it. O, and all u who think it sounds better, WA3 HAS THE SAME MP3 ENGINE.
I've been using Winamp 3 since last January. This "Developer's Beta" is just the latest in a string of builds. Basically, this is just the firt time the guys @ nullsoft have made it really public (i.e., putting stuff on the front page). Oh, and the current build is *TONS* more stable than past releases... not feature complete yet, no, but still good. Winamp 3 is not my default player right now, but I use it about half the time. The other half, I use Winamp 2.77.

Oh, and I know that Winamp 3 doesn't "sound better,", but it has a lot of really cool features to play with. Just support for multiple playlists is worth my time.

- Jarsonic

Old 26th October 2001, 06:05   #7
KrunkedUp187

Send a message via ICQ to KrunkedUp187 Send a message via AIM to KrunkedUp187 Send a message via Yahoo to KrunkedUp187
I hear u man. Like what i was sayin about kids think it sounds better, have u see the threads that proclaim its really better quality? that bugs me out cuz it sez in the FAQ that its not.

Alpha Pi Lambda Fraternity... never dry, baby...

i get laid more than fritos - Ludacris
Old 26th October 2001, 07:13   #8
bluekeydesign

Send a message via ICQ to bluekeydesign
i use winamp3 all the time, unless im at a site that uses WiMP.
wa3's multiple playlists make life a lot easier.
i just open up lounge in minimized mode and listen to music all day.
its sweet.
Jon

Why Llamas? Why not Aardvarks??
Old 26th October 2001, 07:23   #9
jarsonic
Major Dude

mmm..... Lounge....

Right now it's playing me some soothing classical music while I attempt to write my english paper that's due tomorrow....

- Jarsonic

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp3 > Winamp3 Discussion