Aminifu... what you said is a deep and phylosophical analysis of the situation. There are different interpretations of the word demand, ask... I think people are demanding this feature, that is they need the feature. You interpret the word demanding as winamp having the obligation to develop the feature. In a certain sense, they have the obligation (VOLUNTARILY) to release the feature, in order to avoid losing users. So there is a division in the logical branch in which we interpret the word demand, I think you interpret it as IMMEDIATE OBLIGATION AND DUTY and I interpret it AS A NECESSARY AND VOLUNTARY OBLIGATION (they are not forced to, they should to).
The thread topic is clear about the interpretation. It is asking: will it be available sometime? a question never can be imperative.
Anyway, this don't have to take much of our time. It's a waste of time to anaylize if you are right or am I right, what is important is the petition, and it was made. Creating politics about this, is not necessary. Let's focus.
The petition is formally done. Is up to Winamp developers to develop it or not.
Now I inform you (to all people) what the competence is doing: foobar2000
- foobar2000 handle stats, allows me to show my albums ordered, with artwork, etc.
- foobar2000 allow me to reset the playcount with a simple right click in my mouse (thing winamp is not doing)
I do this with a little complement called fooplaycount 3.0.2
- foobar2000 takes less system resources (in my machine take less system resources than winamp)
- foobar2000 is completely customizable. You can create a column with a simple string to display exactly the last time your files were played:
That gives me the same information I get in winamp with the playlist (last played). Date, is totally customizable day before or month before, as you prefer. I get also the time.
- DFX is giving support to foobar2000, I get my audio perfectly enhanced!
Consequence... I've migrated this morning Jun, 12 2012 to foobar2000
I really needed this feature (reset the stats), to maintain my stats well organized, so I had to migrate.
I'd consider to use again winamp when: 1) It can reset the stats 2) Take less system resources
Winamp it's a great player, I've been using it since the Frankle era (1997 / 1998 until this morning) but I cannot continue why my playlists completely de-organized with the stats showing preliminary values.