Old 7th January 2004, 10:08   #1
Agent007

Getting rid of the Playlist

hi all,

Wouldnt it be better if the Media Lib took place of the playlist? since the playlist is already there in the Media Lib..There wouldnt be the delay in enqueing files from the ML to the Playlist.....

Also, the ML is so full of features as compared to the playlist...
Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2004, 10:25   #2
WHEREamI
Major Dude

but the ML is also much larger and "bloated" (to some) than the PL. And this would remove parts of old classic skins... not as big of an issue.

Personally, i hardly use the ML; and i'm sure i'm not the only one. the PL does exactly what i want very effeiciently. You, however, may use the ML, since you enjoy it so much. that is what the plugin system is all about. (would be nice if more people would realize that...)

~WHEREamI
WHEREamI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2004, 18:50   #3
DMB Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by WHEREamI
but the ML is also much larger and "bloated" (to some) than the PL. And this would remove parts of old classic skins... not as big of an issue.

Personally, i hardly use the ML; and i'm sure i'm not the only one. the PL does exactly what i want very effeiciently. You, however, may use the ML, since you enjoy it so much. that is what the plugin system is all about. (would be nice if more people would realize that...)

~WHEREamI
i agree, the playlist feature is more steamlined for everyday use.
DMB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2004, 19:00   #4
WhiteRayven
Major Dude

I like to use both. I prefer the playlist the way it is. altho I am still waiting for DrO to finish his exteneded playlist plugin. I have a large assorment of mp3s and video files, the media library is exactly what i need to sort thru them all.

I dont see any reason to get rid of it

Why make something idiot proof?? Someone will only make a better idiot!
WhiteRayven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2004, 19:02   #5
DrO

Quote:
Personally, i hardly use the ML; and i'm sure i'm not the only one. the PL does exactly what i want very effeiciently.
it all depends on what you like, for me i'm a PL user who can do all that's wanted.

Quote:
that is what the plugin system is all about. (would be nice if more people would realize that...)
true, oh so true!

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2004, 21:43   #6
Dipso

Also, this way of doing things easely gets rid of my main gripe with the winamp3 playlists, where the predefined playlists would get overwritten.

I think this way of doing things i quite brilliant, as it allows for all kinds of uses. You could just use the ml and never open the playlist, use the playlist to see what is enqueued or you can use the playlist the good old way and not use the ml at all. Realy caters to the whole user base imho.

Phear the headbanging llama!!!

http://dipso.deviantart.com <- Art, Graphics, Photography.
Dipso is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion