Old 6th April 2004, 09:58   #1
xzxzzx
Forum King

I finally broke down - "The Passion"

So I did it. Tonight, I saw The Passion of the Christ, directed by Mel Gibson.

Let's have a little Interview:
  • How many times was Jesus hit in the course of this movie?
    247, give or take (I lost count a couple of times). That also includes Jesus getting spit on. That averages out to one whack on Jesus every 30 seconds.
  • Who should see The Passion?
    Sadists. I was originally going to add Christians to that list, but then I realized The Passion is basically violation of the second commandment, and probably three or four hundred other places in the bible, just like everything is.
  • Are any of the characters hot?
    Even if they are, you couldn't tell. Maybe Jesus is hot (as a heterosexual man, I can't tell), but the blood is probably a turn-off for a lot of women.
  • Any notable actors?
    The only one I asked was the actress who played "Persephone" in Matrix 2 and 3. She played some chick that hung around with Mary a lot.
  • What's up with having subtitles instead of having the actors speak English?
    I don't know. The movie was boring, so I was kind of happy there were subtitles. Gave me something to do.
  • How violent is The Passion?
    Quite. As I said before, 30 seconds in between beats, though that counts ones where you only hear it. I would say about 50 of the hits are actually on-screen, without cutting away or being at an angle where you can't see the actual impact.
  • What's the point of The Passion?
    Good question. I'm assuming it's to guilt Christians into being more believing. Something like that. Maybe they're trying to convert people.
  • Is The Passion actually anti-semetic?
    It certainly blames the death of Jesus on a group of Jews, if that's what you're asking.
  • Is there anything good about this movie?
    Are you a sadist?
  • No.
    Then there's nothing good for you.
  • Thanks for your time.
    The pleasure was all mine.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 10:06   #2
AegenemmnoN

lol. the movie sounds "great." im glad i wasted my time thinking about watching it, then accually going out to waste my time watching it. it could have been bad, i might have lost two or three good hours on this movie.
AegenemmnoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 10:34   #3
randman
Ol' Dirty Loser
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to randman Send a message via AIM to randman Send a message via Yahoo to randman
"And the Lord said unto xzxzzx, "Thou shalt talk to thyself". And verily, it was so." - Randman 3:16

Seriously, I would be much harsher on it than you were. But who wants to piss off a bunch of Christians with a blood lust?

I see no stinking sig! Do you see a stinking sig?

Last edited by randman; 6th April 2004 at 10:55.
randman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 11:13   #4
AegenemmnoN

Quote:
Originally posted by randman

But who wants to piss off a bunch of Christians with a blood lust?
me? yeah, most likely me. xzxzzx can confirm this.
Old 6th April 2004, 17:42   #5
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Passion just fits this time perfectly.

Now that Jesus' preachings about peacefulness and turning the other cheek and all that Hippie-Jazz aren't really fashionable it gives people something else to believe in and at the same time helps them justify their own brutality.
gaekwad2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 20:56   #6
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
Me even being an atheist/agnostic i liked the movie. Dont look it at a religious perspective. Great actors, violence, plot, theme. It had everything a decent rated "R" movie has.

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 21:07   #7
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
I still refuse to watch it...I just don't see any reason why I should...I'm not exactly a religious person, and I don't really like wasting my money on movies for the hell of it, even if it is popular...

Meh...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 22:04   #8
Raz
Forum King

I wonder how it ends...

Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 22:09   #9
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88 Send a message via Yahoo to MidnightViper88
Moses creates the 10 Commandments with the help of God and returns back to Egypt to...

Oh wait...Wrong movie...

[edit]ARGH!!! Look at what the recent hype on religion has done to me![/edit]

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
Old 6th April 2004, 22:14   #10
Bilbo Baggins
Wind Chime of the Apocalypse

Maybe Jesus returns and goes Postal on the wider community in the middle east, but they "forgot" to put that in the bible. They picked up just after he was done and he floated back to his dad.
Bilbo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2004, 22:53   #11
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Myxomatosis
Me even being an atheist/agnostic i liked the movie. Dont look it at a religious perspective. Great actors, violence, plot, theme. It had everything a decent rated "R" movie has.
Plot? It had a crappy plot! Theme? Please. I will say the acting and cinematography was top-notch, though.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 6th April 2004, 23:12   #12
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
Plot? It had a crappy plot! Theme? Please.
Well, the Bible wasn't written for entertainment...

Old 6th April 2004, 23:31   #13
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
Well, the Bible wasn't written for entertainment...
Exactly. It's like saying "The g Factor" (a psychometric textbook that says stuff like "To estimate their g loading, each of the twelve ECT variables was correlated with the subject's score on the highly g-loaded Raven SPM.") has a good story.

It's nonfiction, or, it's supposed to be nonfiction.

Old 7th April 2004, 00:23   #14
horse-fly
Account Closed

*points to Movie Forum... but refuses to link it to here
horse-fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2004, 02:00   #15
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Quote:
Originally posted by Raz
I wonder how it ends...
me too, but don't tell me! Someone told me the ending of titantic before I saw it, ruined the whole thing

dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2004, 06:36   #16
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

the south park's passion is awesome

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Coman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2004, 07:12   #17
AegenemmnoN

well, i was lookin at the box office intake for this movie.....im smelling a sequal!
Old 7th April 2004, 07:52   #18
MaDCaT75
Banned

If you do not believe in god you will perish!
MaDCaT75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2004, 10:07   #19
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Quote:
Originally posted by AegenemmnoN
well, i was lookin at the box office intake for this movie.....im smelling a sequal!
They've been promising that for the last 2000 years, lazy bastards!
Old 7th April 2004, 16:48   #20
Jedi Gemstone
Major Dudette

How could there be a sequal though? Isn't jesus going to Gods right hand the end of the bible?
Maybe they'd do a pre-sequal or something.
I can't see the movie its classified 18 here and I'm only 15, wouldn't mind seeing it.

My Website
Deviantartness Yay
This signature was brought to you by the colour Red and the number 14
I'm A Purple Ghetto, So Follow Me To Sanity!! *Runs Off* I Have No Idea Where I'm Going......
Jedi Gemstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2004, 21:08   #21
marvinbarcelona
Major Dude

The Passion of The Christ II : This Time....He's Not Meek!

It's been said that I could start an arguement in an empty room.....I see no reason to disbelieve this.
marvinbarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2004, 21:23   #22
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

This "Jesus Christ" character is so over-rated...There's a biography on him, and now because of his popular movie, everyone's talking about him! Millions of people even worhsip him!

I wonder if he's rich or won an award or something...

Old 7th April 2004, 23:07   #23
gaekwad2
Foorum King

Passion Resurrection

They cloned Jesus and now he's half man half - cross.
Old 7th April 2004, 23:46   #24
sandb937
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Raz
I wonder how it ends...
God comes back takes the people that do believe, everyone else is left. seven years later he comes back for good and the people left on the earth burn for all eternity. no big deal right?!!! oh if you only knew!!!

sandb937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2004, 02:17   #25
ryan
not fucked, not quite.
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to ryan
Quote:
Originally posted by Coman
the south park's passion is awesome
Exactly
ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2004, 19:32   #26
Agent007

You really have no idea what ur talking about...

Quote:
Originally posted by MidnightViper88
This "Jesus Christ" character is so over-rated...There's a biography on him, and now because of his popular movie, everyone's talking about him! Millions of people even worhsip him!

I wonder if he's rich or won an award or something...
Agent007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2004, 19:38   #27
mrharhar

Location: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From: From:
Agent 007! I havent seen you around before, but clearly since your a 'member' your not new. Did you not have a "Hi I'm new thread?"?

Nice to have another indian around.

Sorry, you can have you thread back now.

-there is no signature-
mrharhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2004, 01:00   #28
MidnightViper88
Made In The USA
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Agent007
You really have no idea what ur talking about...
Have you met Jesus Christ before? Did you get his autograph?

Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > General Discussions