Old 22nd July 2004, 06:08   #1
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

All-in-Wonder with 256MB?

Does anyone know when will the ATI Radeon All-in-Wonder video card come out with 256MB?

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Coman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 07:56   #2
MStar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MStar Send a message via AIM to MStar Send a message via Yahoo to MStar
www.nvidia.com

MStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 09:39   #3
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MStar
www.nvidia.com
What are you implying?

ATI > nVidia

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
The DMCA. It really is that bad. : Count for your life.
xzxzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 10:55   #4
mark
Forum King

i'm with god on this one
mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 13:15   #5
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
ATI > nVidia

In practicaly everything, there just not in the same leages.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 13:47   #6
k_rock923
\m/
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to k_rock923
If you're using linux then nvidia is the way to go.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
k_rock923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 14:01   #7
Vie
Forum King

Location: Thoron fields and Duranium shadows. Posts: Crap mostly
Actualy, you have a point there, finding the correct Xserver setup can be MURDER on some ATI cards.

But once there setup, they work wonderfuly.

Member most in need of SpellCheck Lifetime Achievement Award

I'm a Twitch Streamer these days, it's weird.
Vie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 16:26   #8
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobby Nobbs
i'm with god on this one
lol, second.

"Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?"
Old 22nd July 2004, 18:18   #9
Nofx Guy
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to Nofx Guy
dont waste your time buying a vid card jsut yet.. wait till the new ati x800's or the nvidia geforce 6800's to come out anytime now.. there more expensive but if your already gunna be spending lots on an all in wonder card then dont worry about spending the extra to get a x800 or geforece 6800.. they are uber amazingly fast...plus you can get the nvidia personal cinema for the 6800 which is better than the all in wonder anyways..

from the shit ive been reading the 6800's are kicking the x800's asses.. i would wait and buy a geforce 6800gt as they are the best bang for your buck 6800 and can be overclocked to geforece 6800 pro speeds...

www.audioflo.ath.cx
All music, All the Time
Nofx Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 18:45   #10
mark
Forum King

dont forget about dual gpu systems...
Old 22nd July 2004, 18:51   #11
MStar
Major Dude

Send a message via ICQ to MStar Send a message via AIM to MStar Send a message via Yahoo to MStar
Quote:
Originally posted by xzxzzx
What are you implying?

ATI > nVidia
Reverse that.

nVidia > ATI

MStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 21:36   #12
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by MStar
Reverse that.

nVidia > ATI
Um, duh. I was stating that you're wrong.

Freedom of speech is the basic freedom of humanity. When you've lost that, you've lost everything.
1\/\/4y 34|<$p4y 1gp4y 33714y, 0d4y 0uy4y? | Roses are #FF0000; Violets are #0000FF; chown -R ${YOU} ~/base
Old 22nd July 2004, 22:43   #13
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
Quote:
Originally posted by Nofx Guy
dont waste your time buying a vid card jsut yet.. wait till the new ati x800's or the nvidia geforce 6800's to come out anytime now.. there more expensive but if your already gunna be spending lots on an all in wonder card then dont worry about spending the extra to get a x800 or geforece 6800.. they are uber amazingly fast...plus you can get the nvidia personal cinema for the 6800 which is better than the all in wonder anyways..

from the shit ive been reading the 6800's are kicking the x800's asses.. i would wait and buy a geforce 6800gt as they are the best bang for your buck 6800 and can be overclocked to geforece 6800 pro speeds...
But do you have the PSU or good case cooling to support such a beast? Not to meantion you need a great all-round system to not bottleneck it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Vie
ATI > nVidia

In practicaly everything, there just not in the same leages.
This statement is completely true for all pre-6800 nVidia videocards, they are just plain horrible.

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd July 2004, 22:57   #14
xzxzzx
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by Myxomatosis
But do you have the PSU or good case cooling to support such a beast? Not to meantion you need a great all-round system to not bottleneck it.

This statement is completely true for all pre-6800 nVidia videocards, they are just plain horrible.
While I agree they're certainly in the same league now, the ATI card still kicks nVidia's ass.

You know, less power consupmtion, less heat, probably less noise, doesn't take up a PCI slot, performance is nearly identical...

Old 22nd July 2004, 23:29   #15
Coman
Punk
(Forum King)

Quote:
Originally posted by Nofx Guy
wait till the new ati x800's
this one?

Old 22nd July 2004, 23:46   #16
mark
Forum King

maybe he means pci-e
Old 23rd July 2004, 03:52   #17
Myxomatosis
aka bRiAnFuRY
Fuck it dude...
let's go bowling.
(Major dud)

Send a message via AIM to Myxomatosis
Quote:
Originally posted by Coman
this one?
I searched it, to see the preview ma-jig, and it's not in stock! Surprise!

Alex Jones: Do you want the puppet on the right or the puppet on the left? What a bunch of garbage; liberal democrat, conservative, republican. It's all there to control you! Two sides of the same coin. Two management teams bidding for control, the CEO job of Slavery, Incorporated! The truth is out there in front of you, but they lay out this buffet of lies. I'm sick of it, and I'm not going to take a bite out of it, do you got me?
Myxomatosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2004, 03:56   #18
mikm
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Nobby Nobbs
maybe he means pci-e
You mean native pci-e, not bridged.