Old 16th October 2006, 03:03   #441
shaneh
Major Dude

When it comes to Vista, Toaster should probably be re-done, with all the WPF/XML/Aero 'stuff', Ive seen it all in use, but havent been able to play with it myself. But I think it would good.

But I really need to get a new video card and a copy of Vista before I can play with that. Ive been looking at a system upgrade for a while now, but am still considering my options. Im still stuck on AGP, but do have a reasonable CPU, which would be a shame to ditch just because I need to go to PCIE for a new video card. Or I could get an AGP card, but I would only get use of it for a limited time.

My own personal dilemma :P But yeah.. one day.
shaneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2006, 05:26   #442
winguy2003

Can Toaster (MSN Only) or Live Messenger Now Playing Plugin (gen_msn) read unicode characters? For me, it's all just question marks.

Windows Media Player 11 can read and show the unicode characters on my Windows Live Messenger.
winguy2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2006, 04:20   #443
st40611

Quote:
Originally posted by eyekyu
first of all thank you very much for this great plugin...just love it

it worked great for me until i installed topdesk, now the toasts become white before they disapear. i would like to use both toaster and topdesk, so is there anyway to fix this ? or is it a limitation of windows xp ?

thanks,
chris
I am also having this problem, but I don't plan to uninstall TopDesk.

Any fix to this?

EDIT: Hope this helps. http://www.otakusoftware.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=308
st40611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2006, 07:56   #444
joysteak

hello there, just a request. can u please (in the future version of toaster) come up with different font configuration for all text layers. (i.e. so that we can configure different font for artist and another font for title. will it be ok, thanks for d great plugin
joysteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2006, 13:27   #445
agm

Hallo!
First of all great plugin! Congratulations
I use it because i like the notification functionality (with album art) and msn display feature.
I just have two remark: can "toaster" notify play/pause? I can't find the option...
Another thing is that not everytime the nofication works: when winamp is not "in front of" it does not display the notification (bug report?)
Just a few remarks to improve ur plugin
Great job anyway!

aGM
agm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 12:26   #446
DiscoDave

Sorry for sounding a bit silly but ive just got this plug in and i've realised it doesn't have the skin i used when I had the previous one...

http://download.nullsoft.com/customi...ge/Toaster.jpg

its the third one down, ive gone into the options for toaster but cant seem to get it up..

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
DiscoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 22:58   #447
niktheguru

Hey there shaneh,

Love the plugin as usual.

Only problem now though is that i am no using Vista RTM and in vista the toaster box always has a big green square border around it.

Will this be fixed soon (do u need a screenshot?)

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2006, 23:08   #448
flocksoft
Major Dude

it's a know problem (11th page of this thread): http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....08#post2030908

bye
flocksoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 16:38   #449
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
Is it possible that at some point, the formatting dialog could be set to use unicode? (Or the point where settings are saved, or whatever point things are getting truncated to ansi.) I'd really, really like to use these two characters - ★ ☆ - in my Toaster popups, but whenever I put them in, they revert to ? in the popup and the dialog.

Here's the code point information if necessary:
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...2605/index.htm
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...2606/index.htm
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2007, 12:55   #450
Jerkkuli80

Remove everything between ()

Hi! How can I remove everything between () from the title that shows in Live Messengers I'm listening now thingy? It would help a lot when listening to internet radio stations..

Last edited by Jerkkuli80; 5th January 2007 at 14:18.
Jerkkuli80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2007, 13:38   #451
foxyshadis

Send a message via AIM to foxyshadis Send a message via Yahoo to foxyshadis
A strange issue I came across after installing my new Turtle Beach card: Toaster's animation causes all kinds of crackling at the start of playback, and during the fadeout (and any other time you display it).

Maybe it needs to run the animation in a separate thread? It's not such a big deal if it doesn't happen to most people though, it certainly doesn't with my old soundcard.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2007, 22:23   #452
BongoCZ

Send a message via ICQ to BongoCZ
I have problem with Toaster - when I play song without cover, Toaster doesn't show universal cover (I mean the one with lama ) - there is only empty square. I have toast_track and toast_http .png files in my Winamp folder, so I guess that is not the problem. Any idea to solve this?
BongoCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2007, 23:17   #453
mbannon

I'm a bit of a newbie here so please be gentle! I installed Toaster and I think it was showing album covers OK. I updated immediately to the latest but I can't seem to get the album covers to show now. "Display Album Covers" is checked in the configuration screen. All I get is the black llama(?) outline. I don't think it is skin related because I have tried several skins. Can anyone help? Thanks.
mbannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2007, 01:16   #454
mbannon

Please disregard my last. I uninstalled and reinstalled (twice) and found I had to go to the WinAmp folder and manually delete a couple of Toaster files before it would reset. Covers are back now.
mbannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2007, 10:36   #455
KilIluminati

Send a message via AIM to KilIluminati
I have a problem, i am running Vista and there is a big green box around the toaster notification in the bottom right. I tried eveyrthing but cant get rid of it. Is there a fix or soemthing I dont know about it not working with Vista? thanks
KilIluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2007, 22:16   #456
The Serminator

Location: on the road to Elysium with my pockets full of diamonds
Hey, Shaneh!

Absolutely indispensable plug-in.

Question: I currently have HUGE toasts displaying on my desktop. We're talking font size 60. On the first line, I have the title and the ratingstar.

Is there a way to make sure the title doesn't run into and through the rating stars?

"Wrap text" doesn't seem to fix it... and maybe it's just because of my large font set-up, but any advice you could offer would be great!

"Come with me, if you want to live."
The Serminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 14:50   #457
bemymonkey

Hi Shaneh - Just wondering, any news on a Vista-compatible version (re: green square of death )...?

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2007, 17:40   #458
daspiderboris

Send a message via Yahoo to daspiderboris
I installed this on two older machines, both run winamp 5x just fine, but on one Toast will not update if Winamp isn't the focused app.

I just grabbed this the other day, so I'm still playing around with it, trying to determine why this is happening. But if you have any ideas, please let me know.

thx.
daspiderboris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2007, 21:26   #459
niktheguru

Quote:
Originally posted by bemymonkey
Hi Shaneh - Just wondering, any news on a Vista-compatible version (re: green square of death )...?
i take it thats a no from shaneh then!

Nikhil
niktheguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2007, 05:18   #460
Creamy Goodness

Send a message via ICQ to Creamy Goodness
vista is still pretty new. i'm sure he'll get around to it eventually... hopefully sooner than later though!
Creamy Goodness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2007, 21:23   #461
deevo631

Is there any way to get Toaster to output as an image? I was just trying to figure out if I could use Toaster as a screen saver somehow.
deevo631 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2007, 08:29   #462
kollision1

Album cover as Display picture plugin

Quote:
Originally posted by dennisbinkhorst
I was wondering if anyone would be able to produce some kind of Toaster 0.7 Add-On that displays the album cover image of the current song playing as the MSN 'Display Picture'...

Originally posted by shaneh
@dennisbinkhorst: Ive written such a plugin, but there is no way to clear the cache of display images used by messenger, so it just keeps building up. Someone may have reverse engineered the encryption used in the index file by now though, but I dont think so.
Could you post this plugin or tell me where I could find it. I don't mind that the display pics build up. Would be a pretty cool plugin.

Thanks Shane, keep up the good work.
kollision1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2007, 02:47   #463
flocksoft
Major Dude

Re: Album cover as Display picture plugin

Quote:
Originally posted by kollision1
Could you post this plugin or tell me where I could find it. I don't mind that the display pics build up. Would be a pretty cool plugin.
you can find some tools (3 so far) in this thread: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....30#post2175530
Old 23rd April 2007, 14:59   #464
kollision1

Thanks for the help. I'm using CD Art Display now, does the job... would be cooler if it was a Winamp plugin though, but it's still pretty good.
kollision1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 05:07   #465
Swil

Any word on a fix for the Vista Green Goo bug?
Swil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 18:04   #466
hugation

Toaster transparency problem

My toaster (version 0.7.8) background is always transparent since I have formatted my hard disk. I would like to have that default grey background that appears in the official site of the plugin (www.myplugins.info). It's the first on the top of the page. I tried all the modes of the skin (no skin, winamp skin and custom skin), I tried with different versions of winamp (5.29, 5.32, 5.33 and 5.34), but with no success. Any ideas?

PS - I have Windows XP.
hugation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2007, 21:34   #467
flocksoft
Major Dude

Re: Toaster transparency problem

Quote:
Originally posted by hugation
My toaster (version 0.7.8) background is always transparent since I have formatted my hard disk. I would like to have that default grey background that appears in the official site of the plugin (www.myplugins.info). It's the first on the top of the page. I tried all the modes of the skin (no skin, winamp skin and custom skin), I tried with different versions of winamp (5.29, 5.32, 5.33 and 5.34), but with no success. Any ideas?
such skin setup (gray background) is not bundled with Toaster, switching different Winamp versions don't change the result...

you can find some skin for toaster here

you can create some skins yourself making .png image (also with tranparency): Skinning Toaster
Old 10th May 2007, 00:45   #468
Mosabsolum
Forum King

Send a message via MSN to Mosabsolum
Hi all.
Everything was all right till 5.34 and that info box thing disappears. I don't care about album covers and stuff, just that simple square field that appears when you leave mouse pointer over song title on playlist and shows you artist, song title, album, play count and rating. Please help. Thank you.

∞ To Infinity and Beyond ∞
Mosabsolum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2007, 22:01   #469
Rodz85

Hi there. First, thanks for a great plugin! So glad I changed from iTunes to Winamp!

Right, to my question... I want to show the current track and the number of tracks on the album; not the number of tracks in the current playlist.

Like - "track number" / "total tracks on album"

I've got the track number bit but I'm stumped about the total number of tracks on the album. Any help would be most appreciated! Thanks.
Rodz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2007, 08:36   #470
flocksoft
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally posted by Mosabsolum
Hi all.
Everything was all right till 5.34 and that info box thing disappears. I don't care about album covers and stuff, just that simple square field that appears when you leave mouse pointer over song title on playlist and shows you artist, song title, album, play count and rating. Please help. Thank you.
I don't understand, maybe a screenshot of such situation could help...

bye
Old 24th May 2007, 11:29   #471
Mosabsolum
Forum King

try to focus on Winamp:p

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs11/i/20...Mosabsolum.png
I'm sorry for the giant png
h ttp://fc01.deviantart.com/fs11/i/2006/172/9/a/Mosabsolum__s_desktop_by_Mosabsolum.png

Old 24th May 2007, 12:27   #472
flocksoft
Major Dude

ah, now i understand

the problem is gen_infotips.dll (bundled with Toaster); gen_infotips.dll doesn't support Unicode, but a new version Unicode-aware (0.70) is available separately here: http://www.myplugins.info/misc_plugins.php

anyway, another similar plugin is TipTop (kindly created by DrO)
Old 24th May 2007, 15:37   #473
Mosabsolum
Forum King

Youpee! Thank you friend.

Old 17th September 2007, 12:14   #474
magicfly

here's my Toaster skin...MTV style
if you like it, PM me

magicfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 21:43   #475
winguy2003

I am using gen_msn v0.31 on Winamp 5.5. I've used this line to show album title (if any) but it doesn't work anymore. I haven't used it for a while so I'm not sure whether updating Winamp or gen_msn caused it to stop working.

$if(%cmp(:tagln(:album)>0)%, '['%album%']',)

It doesn't show anything as if the {2} was just ignored. What can I do to fix this? Does the difference of ID3v2.3 and v2.4 tags in MP3s matter? Thanks.
Old 7th November 2007, 22:32   #476
winguy2003

Quote:
Originally posted by winguy2003
I am using gen_msn v0.31 on Winamp 5.5. I've used this line to show album title (if any) but it doesn't work anymore. I haven't used it for a while so I'm not sure whether updating Winamp or gen_msn caused it to stop working.

$if(%cmp(:tagln(:album)>0)%, '['%album%']',)

It doesn't show anything as if the {2} was just ignored. What can I do to fix this? Does the difference of ID3v2.3 and v2.4 tags in MP3s matter? Thanks.
Ummm... Nevermind! I just looked into the Advanced Title Formatting (ATF) in the Winamp-Wiki on www.myplugins.info and I learned that I could simply put:

$if(%album%, '['%album%']',)

Here's the Link. Thanks anyway. ^_^;
Old 14th February 2008, 16:17   #477
Wildstyle

Hi, What about the transparentcy problem now ?
Have you guys find a solution ?

Thank you
Wildstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2008, 20:33   #478
Wildstyle

hello ???? ????
Old 3rd March 2008, 22:41   #479
TReKiE

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildstyle
hello ???? ????
Hi If you mean the transparency problem in Vista, it remains unchanged.
TReKiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2008, 16:44   #480
Wildstyle

Any news ?
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development